What is wrong with...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by desert eagle, Sep 16, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

the Chargers Offense?

Two terrible games for the offense to start the season =/
    Rivers still hasn't found a comfort zone and LT is being stuffed everywhere he tries to go.

UGH.

2. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Its called defense my friend

3. Strike

Strike Member

1. You cannot expect many teams to have a great offensive game when you're playing the Bears. No matter what kind of offense you have ,the bears have the pass rush and smart linebackers to make any offense difficult to run. THe chargers just have the versitility to run some very unique schemes if they needed to, which made the difference.

2. Norv turner was a very BAD playcaller tonight. He completely misread the patriots defensive scheme, where the patriots went with a lot of phantom rush assignments, such as LB Colvin lining up as a DE, and then dropping back into pass coverage. THis is why he got the 2 interceptions tonight. Rivers could not look off the safeties at all, since rivers was locked onto his recievers completely during the first half. LT also did not get enough touches. There sohuld have been more 2 tight end formations, since they can go toe to toe with the linebackers in terms of strength.

This was just two games and to go 1-1 against the patriots and bears is something A LOT of teams just cannot do. i'll be fine if the chargers can take a 12-4, 11-5 record. My fears now are on the work of Norv, since Rivers is looking a lot more befuddled on offense. He;s definitely also forcing a lot of passes. However, this is his Sophomore slump as well...
    the chargers need to right this ship however, and the biggest problem is Norv and his game planning.

4. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

The Chargers went up against two of the three stingiest defenses in the NFL in the first two weeks of the season (the third being Baltimore, though I'm wavering on that). They escaped with a 1-1 record. I'm still bitter about their win last week, but the better team on that day did win. Just like this week. The Patriots are the class of the NFL this year. Even being able to keep up with them is enough for most teams.

5. doctormcdreamy

doctormcdreamy New Member

it's only the first two weeks. the rest of the schedule is gonna get easier. but the chargers are gonna face green bay this week. and brett favre is looking good right now. so that's gonna be a good game to watch.

6. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

But even against top class defences last year, the Chargers were able to keep key drives going converting key 3rd and short or 4th and short plays.
    The Chargers almost NEVER failed to convert on a 3rd and 1 last year, and that's already happened a few times these last 2 weeks. It probably is the adaptation to a new coach and offensive coordinator.

We need some cupcake defenses to feed on =/

7. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Couple of things. Mainly, the level of comp for them the 1st 2 weeks was very high. 2nd: New coaching staff......the team has to get used to Norv and vice versa. Remember, SD management didnt like "Marty-ball" and his 14-2 record last year, so they canned him AFTER letting Off. Co-ord (Cameron to 'Fins) and Def. Co-ord (Phillips to Cowpokes)go to other teams to be head coaches. The chargers have 8 new coaches on the staff!

Keith

8. Dark_Fyre

Dark_Fyre New Member

wats wrong with the entire AFC?
    seriously, are any of them 2-0, cuz i dont think so

9. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

Pats, Colts, Steelers and Texans (That last one doesn't feel right, does it?) Are 2-0 I beleive.

Anyways, the first game they simply ran into a good defense in the Bears. The Chargers still looked in preseason form, so they didn't do that well.

The second game Norv was SO paranoid with the idea of the Pats stealing his plays he told them (And not write in their playbooks) The morning before the game the first scripted 15 plays, resulting in disaster. They simply never got a groove in that game. The pats feasted on this and destroyed their offensive gameplan.

If anyone is under pressure in San Diego, it's Norv Turner. This team is simply too talented to score 28 points in 2 games, regardless of who's defense it is.

10. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

The chargers aren't the only team messing up although I was suprised the team with last season's MVP losing that badly. My little bro's favorite team the Ravens are doing much worse than they should. They won their last game but they lost to the Bengals and they should have had that TD For the game.....and chad johnsons such a jerk....

11. Dark_Fyre

Dark_Fyre New Member

the dolphins messed up really bad
    5 turn overs in one game
    i hope they are SERIOUSLY asking hard questions to their quarter back, because with that awesome defence they should have won

12. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Yeah the ravens fumble 3 times and the bengals recovered. They have never done something like that. And a team like the ravens are good enough to not make those mistakes.

13. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Lions are 2-0 YES!

14. HurricaneWarty

HurricaneWarty New Member

The Chargers have a built in excuse for not doing so well in the first two weeks. They played against the Bears who have a great D, and then played against a fired up New England team at home who wanted to play well after the whole SpyGate fiasco. The truth though is the fact they hired Norv Turner as their head coach. He's a great Offensive Coordinator, but not a good head coach at all. I've said all along they did Denver (division) and NE/Indy (Super Bowl Picture) a huge favor by hiring him. Pretty soon the mistakes won't just be turnovers and terrible game management decisions, but bad penalties will be taken by San Diego. That's just how Norv Turner's teams have always been. San Diego should have just held on the Marty for one more year and then made a run at Bill Cohwer.

15. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

^Agrees with this post. (And I am a Dolphins fan)

Keith

16. jkwarrior

jkwarrior New Member

It's because they don't have tony romo.

17. Strike

Strike Member

IF you know anything about the feud between Marty and the GM A.J. Smith, there was no way the two could work together for another year. Simply impossible.

18. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

The offense doesn't produce like it should again and the secondary gets torched like crazy AGAIN =/ If week 4 is antoher terribad week, its going to be time to push the panic button =/

19. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Does AJ Smith dare admit he made a mistake in getting rid of "MartyBall"?? I think I would find a way to talk to and WORK WITH a coach that took that team to 14-2 last year!

Keith

20. HurricaneWarty

HurricaneWarty New Member

You know, playing devil's advocate, SD might not be in that much trouble. The AFC West isn't looking too great right now, I mean 9-7 could win the division. If they can just sneak their way into the playoffs, maybe by then they can have things figured out and go on a run. Or Denver or Oakland could end up continuing to improve as the season goes on and leave them in the dust. The ceiling and the basement for this Chargers team is still unmeasurable.