What is you greatest pokemon match?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by MetaGrossEX, Sep 13, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MetaGrossEX

MetaGrossEX New Member

After reading Chrisbo's post (see http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=17 15 ) were it says. "Nothing but puzzles & super soakers are where once mighty battles were fought".
    It got me thinking of all the great matches i had through out the years and i was woundering if anyone here can share some stories of their greatest
    matches with all of us. :D :thumb:

2. Tails

Tails New Member

It happened a while ago, but me and my friend Char were sitting there in the last two, three minutes of League, and we wanted one last game... Well...

Two minutes later, the score was 5-5, and it was her move. She busted out her Dark Tyranitar and took the win with some amazing plays... but that's not what made it great...

We actually played a full 6-prize game in TWO minutes... that was fast... Granted, the table was completely covered in Trainers, as we kinda didn't discard a few after using, but... Fastest game I ever played.

3. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Sadly, Though I have many cards in tons of decks that are ready to go, I have never had a card battle. Somebody help me out here!!!

4. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I have had a couple of great battles from my league. There were one particular battle I kind of remember. The first one was when I faced one of my friends Nick who deals tough battles everytime I played him.

I played him like a month ago, when I was playing my Kabutops/Steelix deck and he was playing his Entei/Ninetales deck. This battle took about 30 minutes when he was rapidly bringing out his Ninetales with Entei and I was breeding my Kabutops as fast as lightning. We kept battling back and forth with both of our decks. Anyways, it came down to 1-1 and I had fought all of my Kabutops but was down to my last and he was down to his last Ninetales. Well I didn't have much energy left and only had about two on my last Kabutops and he did Playful Punch to do 20 on Kabutops on the second to last turn. I got tails on attacking Elekid and I couldn't use Double Gust to bring Ninetales out b/c I had used them all. So last turn he knocked me out for the last prize.

After losing I didn't feel mad or sad. I felt good for at least testing the true power of my deck and experiencing a truly competitive battle.

5. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

At the last Super Battlezone I had an awesome game with the kid that had won the previous SBZ. He was playing an Espeon/Ho-oh (Rainbow Burn) deck and I was playing my Vileplume(aqua)/Muk(the Burning Sludge one)/Forretress deck. It was the semi-finals and I was down 3-1. Fortunately I had 2 Forretress out and all of his babies had damage so he couldn't bring them up. Vileplume got his big Ho-oh confused and poisoned. I got really lucky when he tried to attack and knocked himself out, bringing up an Espeon which took damage from Spikes and was left open to get Poisoned and confused. I knocked it out and he had to bring up an eevee, which he eventually evolved to Espeon but just ran out of energy to power it, I KO it and take my final prize. It was also kind of amusing cause I almost decked, but when I drew my last card I used Copycat to shuffle my hand of 12 cards back into my deck and draw 7. It was a great close game.

6. dkates

dkates New Member

I was having an Unlimited match that was heated for a while, then started going nowhere fast. Neither of us could do much of anything. Eventually, I was reduced to using Aipom (Genesis) to shuffle cards into my deck over and over. The match, and my valiant efforts not to deck, finally ended when my opponent pulled an Imposter Professor Oak on me, and I decked.

7. mossy2k4

mossy2k4 New Member

Winning the WCSTS was pretty great.

8. Fantasy Fox

Fantasy Fox New Member

I was on a one on one match with a famous player in Malaysia, he was #1 in Malaysia and #3 in the world. His name is Jonathan Thoo.

Later in the game, when it was a 1 to 1 prize game, I drew an Erika's Jigglypuff. I gusted a Slowpoke(50HP) with a Focus Band from his bench. Then, I put a DCE on Erika's Jigglypuff and put a Pluspower. I was going to win until I realized I accidentally used an Oak, discarding my pluspower and all my other cards. And the worst thing is my deck only had 5 cards left. I drew all my cards and didn't get anything that might help me restall my deck. But I got another Pluspower and lousy cards. So, I put the Pluspower on Erika's Jigglypuff and hit his Slowpoke. He used Focus Band...*my heart pounding*, he flipped the coin ............................[CHRISBO EDIT - Ease up on the periods!! It screws up the screen formatting. Thanks.] .....and it fell to the floor. He flipped the coin again and got heads, I lost, and I felt that my eyes deceived me!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2003
  9. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

I dreamt once that I was an elite trainer, and spent about half an hour battling a Fwidget (evolved form of Scwuttler) before finally capturing it. Then I woke up, and realised that neither of those Pokemon exist. Kinda deflates the victory.

Cardwise, the other night I was playing my Dark Blastoise Stall deck against a friend's Alakazam Damage Swap deck. Stall vs Stall, and his Energy Removal strategy meant I wasn't able to charge my Blastoises up. My deck uses special conditions to slow the opponent down until I have one fully loaded on the bench and, because it's not a regular Stall, I have masses of card drawing in there too. I was looking at a decking, but I had one trick I was hoping my opponent hadn't spotted.

I was down to about 12 cards total between my hand and my deck, and had a Cleffa (Eeeeeeeeek) active. If I could just keep using Cleffa to constantly cycle my hand into my deck, and not play a single card, I could possibly deck the other guy.

Unfortunately, right when I had him down to about the same size deck as myself, he spotted the trick. Suddenly, he started charging his Alakazam up. Using that blasted creature's weak attack, and a number of Gusts of Wind, he managed to carve through my creatures, picking up his last five prizs in seven turns. I couldn't do a thing without risking a decking. He won with two cards left in his deck.

10. SomethingElse

SomethingElse New Member

my 2 hour long game in finals for the team championships....it took forever =/