What kind of League promos would YOU like to see?*UPDATE*

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Sensei, Oct 22, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Hey everyone,with the noticed lack of enthusiasm with the current "reprint" promos being distributed,I`ve been mulling posting something the last few weeks.We`ve all heard that alot of people would like a change and also that some Leagues have had people quit due to the "reprinted" promos,so I`m posting this for everyone to throw some ideas,and give your opinions on the status quo,and see if we can come up with something and also let PUI/Nintendo know that they need to change this.

So,what do you think?

`Sensei

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Some of the Web series cards so we can have them back in Modified.

Unown R!

The Imakuni? Promos!

Jamboree cards!

3. Dek

Dek New Member

Well I have no right to say anything about the current promos because I DONT HAVE THEM :eek: (except Kyogre ex and Groudon ex)

anyways, with these different complaints that I'm hearing, I take it that there should be a change. Here are my thoughts

1. Pokemon that have different attacks (instead of reprinted stuff)
    2. normal holo cards
    3. Promo trainers
    4. "couples," which consist of two (or more) promos that work together on the e-reader. after all, it's Pokemon-e :lol:
    5. Special Energy cards that have never seen the light of day
    6. Promos that are not only playable, but also are based on Nintendo's other games (like Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid)
    7. promo cards based on the Johto/Hoenn gym leaders.

4. GOROY

GOROY New Member

I would like some old cards like elm and erika's bulbasaur. :p

5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

What about promos from sets that have yet to be released? I'd think it would be pretty easy to do.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  6. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

i want shiny mew!!!

7. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

you can add me to the list of people who quit participating in the league. I go to trade but that it and only occassionally. I used to buy one pack every single time i went... not anymore... good choice on the reprints nintendo :thumb:

8. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

9. farbsman

farbsman New Member

I for one want anything other then the reprints of already released cards. Now when I say already released I mean cards that are currently legal in modified. I would love to see these cards:

Reverse holo Bill
    Reverse holo Professor Elm
    Reverse holo Energies (these were a huge hit at my leagues)
    Reprints of the babies from Genesis in reverse or holo

I have had almost 20 kids quit between my two leagues because of the promos we currently have. They see no reason to come to league for cards they can get in packs. So what if they have new art.

Luckily they still come to the tournaments, well at least they came for the Sandstorm Prerelease. I just hope they show up for the Dragon Prerelease.

10. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I've gotta agree that almost no one (at least at our league) seems to be interested in the promo alternate image reprints. Man, WOTC did it "right" with the much-older reprints and occasional new cards (i.e., LP Mew).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  11. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

I agree with Arthras Zero, where were the Jhoto leaders?

So those would be great promos.

Also, Unown R is a must. I knew a few colectors that went nuts opening packs to get one, and thought it was a holo rare :lol:

So those are my votes.

12. marril2k

marril2k Member

I mostly agree with what has already been said... Newer cards with NEW game mechanics is something that would make my league crew happy. I mean, its great to earn new promos but when its a card that you can get just from a booster/theme deck with an art swap, it isn't all that fun... I have been giving out league badges from the 2nd year of the league as bonus rewards and the younger ones seem to go nuts over those... perhaps see about badges based of Hoenn? [shrugs] Just a thought.

I also would like to jump on board there about Unown R... Crikey its sure missing in action! ;)

-marril

13. Son of Leod

Son of Leod New Member

Hasn't been done for a couple of seasons, but my son mentioned the other day that he REALLY liked getting the badges instead of promo cards.

14. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Elm kills the format, its like no fun seriously...

Its time for a change, get used it =/ ... it acually makes the games closer, have ANY of you noticed that... Anyway

I would like to see some Gym Trainers Re-Released, and like some of you said, Pokemon with Different Attacks (NOT EVO EX Pokemon)

What I Mean is, I dont't want to see this

Charizard EX
    Power (normal)
    (R)(R) 60 To Any Pokemon
    (R)(R)(R)(R) 200 ... Discard Two Energy

Example of stuff I don't want to see.

~TruK

15. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

I've gotta agree that Badges were kinda nice, and IMO they would be better then alt artwork promos of commons and uncommons, of course, so would other cards that haven't been released yet, like some of the Vending cards, like Hypno(oh the fun you could have ;) ).
    Also, I(like some other people on here) would like to see Unown R in an English version :cool: .

Those are just my opinions of course :D .
    Thanks for reading.

16. IvesRountree

IvesRountree New Member

How about some ex regis? that would be good, dontcha think?

17. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

I'd like to see cards come in that give a bonus to people who take the time to work for them. That is, anyone is going to have 10 or 20 of the mudkips/torchics/treecos, but people who play in league and work for it should have cool things like recycle energy for instance, or lilly pad mew.

I'm also for reprints of things that effect the game as a whole, reprint bill would be great. allowing players to atleast use some of their older cards.

Ideally I'd like each month to include something old and reprinted thats not currently available in the current modified, and something new and never before seen. basically the best of both worlds.

when it gets down to it though, both of my preferances aim at a single goal, expanding the range of modified. which is what promo's should do.

18. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

First off I like all new cards for promos, however for paticular favorites I would like Latias and Latios, also I would also like to see the Ash's Treeko, May's Torchic, and Brock's Mupkip cards printed in english.

19. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

promo Marill with a free retreat cost????

20. Michel

Michel New Member

That wouldn't solve the problem NoPoke. You don't receive the promos in the UK anyway ;) :lol:

Seriously, I think that promos have to be special cards, cards that don't exist in the normal sets.
    You may have existing cards with different attacks, completely new cards (like LPMew), ...

It's better if these cards are playable. LPMew is a good example as it has found place in some competitive decks.

Kids are also interested in reverse holo cards that don't already exist in the official sets.

IOW, promo cards have to be 'special' cards, not a single copy of an existing card with the mention 'promo' on it.

But NoPoke has maybe a good idea ... couldn't we imagine for example a Pokemon with 3 retreat cost that would become 2 retreat cost in promo ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.