Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What kind of music do you like?

pikachugirl1990

Hey everyone. What kind of music do you like? Here is my list of my favorite songs and music.

Songs
I want it that way by Backstreet Boys my favorite song right now
The Star Wars theme song my favorite song from Star Wars
Snow (Hey Oh) A fun song to listen to on a rainy day
YMCA and that is a fun dance song
Hello and Goobye by the beatles happy oldies song
Gimmie Shelter by the Rolling Stones a cool fun song
More than a feeling by Boston
Sara by Fleetwood Mac and that song has my name in it
Sweet Pea and that is my nickname
Hey you by Pink Floyd and the reason I like it because it makes me feel good inside.
You got the music in you by the New Radicals and it is a song I grew up listening to.
Music
Pop my favorite genre
Bluegrass my dad's favorite genre
Oldies 60's music I love best
Rock n roll good 70's rock is the best like Pink Floyd
Alt Rock my mom's favorite style
Rap my brother makes me listen to Rap while I am in the car with him.
Country gets me going
movie music inculding the STAR WARS theme song. The reason I like movie music to help me daydream about Star Wars.
Jazz it helps me go to sleep.

My favorite boy band right now is the Backstreet Boys. I have been listening to the Backstreet Boys for some of my 18 years of living. My favorite song by the Backstreet Boys is I want it that way. Please tell me your favorite bands, songs, and music and we can be friends!!! : )Please send me a PM if you want to be my friend!!!My favorite rap groups are Three 6 Mafia and One-Republic. My favorite rap song is Apologize.
Also I like beach music because I love the beach and I like Bob Marley. My other songs are Riden by Chamiillonare and it puts me into a good mood. I love Lifehouse and my song by them is Hanging by a Mommet.

Last edited:
In no particular order:
Her Space Holiday
Broken Social Scene
Rilo Kiley
Bright Eyes
The Album Leaf
K.C. Accidental
Air
Stars
Postal Service
Death Cab For Cutie
Radical Face
Electric President
Smashing Pumpkins

I like lots of music. Pop Rap, indie, electronica, yatta yatta.

My music tastes are pretty random. In no particular order:

Kill Hannah
The Postal Service
Death Cab for Cutie
Ladytron
The Knife
Jose Gonzalez
Bright Eyes
Spill Canvas
Interpol
Silversun Pickups
The Mountain Goats
The Presets

Etc.

Anathallo, Animal Collective, Bright Eyes, Gram Parsons, The Mars Volta, mewithoutYou, Minus the Bear, Norma Jean, Of Montreal, Outkast, Pedro the Lion, Sufjan Stevens, and TV on the Radio, just to name a few.

I like all kinds of metal. I also like some classic rock and hard rock.
Here are my favorites:
Ozzy Osbourne~Love the lyricism.
Rod Stewart/Faces~His voice is the bomb!(I like him in his rock days, not his poppyish ones.)
Killswitch Engage~I mean seriously man, who DOSEN'T like these guys??
In Flames~Very distinctive scream/voice/growl (whatever you want to call it.) Great Lyrics also.

I have many more faves such as Cradle Of Filth, Underoath, Arch Enemy, etc. etc. The list goes on & on

Wow. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. I only listen to Country music. Put a country artist on the radio and I will jam out! It talks about the most important things in life: family, love and another very important thing that I won't mention because I don't want to start something. Also give me some Disney music like Hannah Montanna and other artists by those Disney stars and I fine. And no, I'm not a little kid. I'm a 22 year old guy...whose never been on a date. I'll stop typing here.

Progressive & Alternative Rock/Metal, Post-Hardcore, Third-wave Emo etc.

Fave band is InMe check em out if you like this kinda stuff because they're just incredible and not really that well known.

Other faves - Funeral For a Friend, Muse, Armor For Sleep - (Smile For Them = Best album of 2007), Still Remains, Brand New, Bayside, Atreyu, Exit Ten and many more.

I think I'm the first and conceivably only person on the 'Gym to come in with a really wappy approach to music. I'm extremely lazy in finding music, so oftentimes I just listen to j-rock and animé OSTs. The only downside to my rather... unique music listening is that I've basically trained myself not to listen to the lyrics as words, so when I listen to English music, I almost never hear what they're talking about.

Also I inexplicably have the full Rammstein discography. It's good, albeit not when looped for a few hours straight.

PS, I think I'll skip on that PM to be your friend. Boy bands and I don't get along. At all.

I like all kinds of metal. I also like some classic rock and hard rock.
Here are my favorites:
Ozzy Osbourne~Love the lyricism.
Rod Stewart/Faces~His voice is the bomb!(I like him in his rock days, not his poppyish ones.)
Killswitch Engage~I mean seriously man, who DOSEN'T like these guys??
In Flames~Very distinctive scream/voice/growl (whatever you want to call it.) Great Lyrics also.

I have many more faves such as Cradle Of Filth, Underoath, Arch Enemy, etc. etc. The list goes on & on

here here!
metal forever!

/MetallicA\- who can make a guitar scream like the likes of kirk hammet? not many.
One, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls.... the list goes on and on of their master pieces and perfect songs. awesome in a sound concentrated form.
AC/DC- too good.
Dream theater- LONG songs that rock through out the entire 23 minutes (some longer).
Ozzy- (read above quote)
Blacksabbath- theyre awesome. but also wrong, because i am iron man.
Trivium- its kinda like Metallica mixed with scream/heavy metal. good stuff.
Killswitch engage- (read above quote)
Stutterfly- 'tis a shame that they broke up their band. unique sound and voice.
Linkin Park- reanimation was the perfect mix of rap and rock.
As I Lay Dying- awesome heavy good stuff.
The Devil Wares Prada- its not the soundtrack of the movie. its a great bad though
Drop Dead, Gorgeous- same as above
Enter Shikari- VERY unique sound, if you have the chance to listen to them, i highly suggest you take it.
Atryeu- though theyve let me down a bit with recent albums, i do still enjoy their beats.
Bullet for My Valentine- whoopin' guitar solos, like metallicas but with screaming and more vocal.

theres more, but those were all the ones i could remember right now.
edit: hawthorne heights- r.i.p. casey calvert. he was their guitarist/screamer. good man.

but I listen to all sorts of music. rap, R&B, rock, metal, alturnitive, just about anything...
as long as its NOT country or pop. i HATE those. so very, very much.

Last edited:
I listen to screamo, hardcore rock, metal( which IS different), and some rock. Also, no computer geek is compete with the numa numa MP3 lawlsz

Metal, ALL KINDS of Metal...except for that whole Bullet for my Valentine or Trivium rip off stuff.

1. In Flames: They're one of the, if not the most diverse band I've heard. Each and every album sounds different from one another, which is AMAZING, as most bands keep their main sound. This band changes it up, and sounds excellent while doing it. To top it all off, all of their songs are masterpieces. Each song I hear is just another that sounds amazing. As well, they incorporate some interesting instruments, like Keyboards, and acoustic guitar on some songs, like "The Jester Race".

2. Dark Tranquillity: They're kind of like In Flames in the matter of sounding different, but they do some excellent songs that just is amazing. They're a slower than In Flames, IMO, but they're still great. They're also like In Flames in the respect that each and everyone of their songs is one you can't help but like. They also have used some Acoustic stuff, like In Flames, with such songs such as "Lethe".

3. Dimmu Borgir: One of the best Black Metal bands I've come to hear. Their songs incorporate symphonic pieces in the mix, combining it with great A aggressive Black Metal. That's an excellent combo. They're not like In Flames or Dark Tranquillity in the respect of each album sounding different, but they do put enough effort into it to make each album as excellent as it can be.

4. Children Of Bodom: This band is insane. I love how fast the guitars are in this band. It's hard to pull of Power Metal, but they made freakin' Extreme Power Metal! Not to mention, on live shows, the vocalist can still rip some excellent and constructed solos WHILE doing vocals. That's a talent that's hard to pull off, considering how fast one has to play for this sort of genre. Plus, the vocal style is different from all the "Rawr, deep gutteral!" type of stuff.

5. Lamb Of God: They're a little less harder then the others listed, for they're within the Metalcore genre. Despite this, they're not only one of the more consistent Metalcore bands, but they're evolving outside of Metalcore, and into what's called Groove Metal (a harder genre). Bands like this can go really far. Overall, the guitars are standard, but still sound great, the drums are aggressive, and the vocalist is pretty good. Not the best, but he's definitely better then some of the others out there...not gonna point any fingers...

6. Arch Enemy: I liked them a good amount before, but with their release of Rise Of The Tyrant, they shot up to number six. This band is especially good, for they come off as having thrash elements within their pieces, but being Melodic Death Metal all at once. It really is great. Not to mention, the vocalist is a woman, who can growl BETTER then most men ever could.

7. Slayer: THE best Trash Metal band about in my honest opinion. Kerry King is a bit overrated, but that doesn't mean he isn't good. He's ripped some cool solos during the 80's, 90's, AND TODAY! The drums are excellent, for they're both fast, but hard as well. While their lyrical content isn't the best, the people of the band are cool nonetheless.

8. Killswitch Engage: I do like this band a hefty amount, for they really are good. They haven't really remained too consistent though, for As Daylight Dies wasn't their best album, while it wasn't bad, it just didn't have a feel like Alive Or Just Breathing did. On the album, Alive Or Just Breathing, they had a major In Flames influence, which lead to using acousitic guitars at the beginning of songs, making people not being able to expect what would come next. This album has really gotten me into the band, for it stands out more then their others.

9. Soilwork: They're an acquired taste IMO. They've got a different sound, and the vocalist uses an interesting style that's kinda mixes Slayer's vocals with something like Killswitch's vocals. If anyone knows of the two bands, then I think one could imagine how these vocals are done. The guitars are cool, but it seems the drums are a little more emphasized compared to other bands around. You can certainly hear them, that's for sure.

10. DevilDriver: This is one of those all out aggressive bands. They're within the Groove area of Metal, so they've got an interesting sound to them. Their albums have the general sound to them, but they do switch it up a little bit from album to album as far as stuff like guitars go. On their first album, the guitars sounded weird, but got much better on their second album, The Fury Of Our Maker's hand. While they're not my favorite band, I still gotta hand it to these guys.

I my favorite genre of music is dance/electronic music. It is something different than the standard head banging stuff and pop. I like all of the little sounds in the background, and the creativeness within the music. My favorite band is freezepop; they do electronic and dance music. They're are so good, and each song they do is unique. A lot of people have probably heard their music, but don't realize it. Harmonix puts their work in a lot of their games like Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, FreQuency, Amplitude, and Phase. They are also featured in Karaoke Revolution, Dance Dance Revolution ULTRAMIX 3, and Rock Band! Their tracks are the best for music games! They Rokk!

i love rock mostly but techno/electronic/metal/alternative are always good too

Linkin Park ~ Their mix is great and... i love it

The academy is... ~ Their one of my favourites, i love all of their songs i have ever heard

Acceptance ~ Their a really good rock band and i like the way their lyrics sound.

Red jumpsuit apparatus ~ In my top 4 favorites for their lyrics and ear pleasing sounds

Metalica~ yeah, their amazing and so are their lyrics ( am i repeating myself alot??? i thought so...)

Boys like Girls ~ ... same as EVERYTHING else...

I think I'm the first and conceivably only person on the 'Gym to come in with a really wappy approach to music. I'm extremely lazy in finding music, so oftentimes I just listen to j-rock and animé OSTs. The only downside to my rather... unique music listening is that I've basically trained myself not to listen to the lyrics as words, so when I listen to English music, I almost never hear what they're talking about.
I hate to burst your bubble, but my methods of determining music to listen to is strikingly similar to your own. The only difference would be that I tend to focus more on the lyrics rather than less. This is mostly because singing along to J-rock/pop is really fun when no one is around. Almost all of what I listen to comes from something I heard and liked from an anime series. I really can't be bothered to go out of my way to find music any other way because I really don't care that much about it.

I'm also convinced the original poster must be some sort of joke character. I refuse to believe they are a real person.

I personally like rock, pop, hip hop, electronic, rap, and some good RnB or Soul.

I also like songs from the WWE superstars' entrance song; HHH, HBK, batista etc...

And, i put more attention to the music rather than lyrics. When the music's good, then i'll go check out the lyrics^^.

Metal, ALL KINDS of Metal...except for that whole Bullet for my Valentine or Trivium rip off stuff.

1. In Flames: They're one of the, if not the most diverse band I've heard. Each and every album sounds different from one another, which is AMAZING, as most bands keep their main sound. This band changes it up, and sounds excellent while doing it. To top it all off, all of their songs are masterpieces. Each song I hear is just another that sounds amazing. As well, they incorporate some interesting instruments, like Keyboards, and acoustic guitar on some songs, like "The Jester Race".

2. Dark Tranquillity: They're kind of like In Flames in the matter of sounding different, but they do some excellent songs that just is amazing. They're a slower than In Flames, IMO, but they're still great. They're also like In Flames in the respect that each and everyone of their songs is one you can't help but like. They also have used some Acoustic stuff, like In Flames, with such songs such as "Lethe".

3. Dimmu Borgir: One of the best Black Metal bands I've come to hear. Their songs incorporate symphonic pieces in the mix, combining it with great A aggressive Black Metal. That's an excellent combo. They're not like In Flames or Dark Tranquillity in the respect of each album sounding different, but they do put enough effort into it to make each album as excellent as it can be.

4. Children Of Bodom: This band is insane. I love how fast the guitars are in this band. It's hard to pull of Power Metal, but they made freakin' Extreme Power Metal! Not to mention, on live shows, the vocalist can still rip some excellent and constructed solos WHILE doing vocals. That's a talent that's hard to pull off, considering how fast one has to play for this sort of genre. Plus, the vocal style is different from all the "Rawr, deep gutteral!" type of stuff.

5. Lamb Of God: They're a little less harder then the others listed, for they're within the Metalcore genre. Despite this, they're not only one of the more consistent Metalcore bands, but they're evolving outside of Metalcore, and into what's called Groove Metal (a harder genre). Bands like this can go really far. Overall, the guitars are standard, but still sound great, the drums are aggressive, and the vocalist is pretty good. Not the best, but he's definitely better then some of the others out there...not gonna point any fingers...

6. Arch Enemy: I liked them a good amount before, but with their release of Rise Of The Tyrant, they shot up to number six. This band is especially good, for they come off as having thrash elements within their pieces, but being Melodic Death Metal all at once. It really is great. Not to mention, the vocalist is a woman, who can growl BETTER then most men ever could.

7. Slayer: THE best Trash Metal band about in my honest opinion. Kerry King is a bit overrated, but that doesn't mean he isn't good. He's ripped some cool solos during the 80's, 90's, AND TODAY! The drums are excellent, for they're both fast, but hard as well. While their lyrical content isn't the best, the people of the band are cool nonetheless.

8. Killswitch Engage: I do like this band a hefty amount, for they really are good. They haven't really remained too consistent though, for As Daylight Dies wasn't their best album, while it wasn't bad, it just didn't have a feel like Alive Or Just Breathing did. On the album, Alive Or Just Breathing, they had a major In Flames influence, which lead to using acousitic guitars at the beginning of songs, making people not being able to expect what would come next. This album has really gotten me into the band, for it stands out more then their others.

9. Soilwork: They're an acquired taste IMO. They've got a different sound, and the vocalist uses an interesting style that's kinda mixes Slayer's vocals with something like Killswitch's vocals. If anyone knows of the two bands, then I think one could imagine how these vocals are done. The guitars are cool, but it seems the drums are a little more emphasized compared to other bands around. You can certainly hear them, that's for sure.

10. DevilDriver: This is one of those all out aggressive bands. They're within the Groove area of Metal, so they've got an interesting sound to them. Their albums have the general sound to them, but they do switch it up a little bit from album to album as far as stuff like guitars go. On their first album, the guitars sounded weird, but got much better on their second album, The Fury Of Our Maker's hand. While they're not my favorite band, I still gotta hand it to these guys.

You're my new best friend.XD Heavy Metal all the way!!!

Some of my favorites....lets see....

Nickelback: Please don't shoot me. They are good, I don't care what people think. And as I have seen previously, most Pokegymers HATE Nickelback. But yes, they do ROCK. It wasen't so much that they have one great hit, more that mostly the whole album "Long Road Home" I believe it was called, had just alot of pretty good songs.

Maroon 5: I realize there are alot of distastful elements about the game, but were talking about music. They're a pretty unique band. They have some of the best rock and alternative that I have ever heard.

Linkin Park: Ah yes, I remember the first time I heard of this guy. I couldn't fully understand the person when he asked me if I liked Linkin Park, so I responded "no, never been there", to which I got considerable laughs. As someone said earlier, he has made a great remix of rap and rock, and yes, it does ROCK.

Daughtry: He should have won American Idol. He should have. He has done better as an artist than any of the people after him, and any of the finalists in the previous season. I forget which band, but he had a request to join a certain band, and he turned it down, and made his own band. And for his first album, he did GREAT. "Home", and "Over You" are amazing hits.

Back