Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Pokemon gives us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante63s

I was juts thinking what Pokémon gives us, MY list is endless. I was comparing it to other hobby's, and it's defiantly one where you can have a great time for little money. I still see kids playing with cards from Base Set, every week, even vs. Modified decks. Does kids haven't spent money on cards for years, but they still have fun for hours, where else do you see that?
I also see kids that play video games every time they have some extra time, they make plenty of that. Pokémon gives you a more social environment, in other words "It makes you use your brain" as a parent would say. As a fact I can tell how much kids improve when help is provided, showing them your deck, helping them with theirs, etc. Before you know it your playing against and he has the same deck even :lol:.
Then theirs the whole business side of Pokémon, something TCG has is that you can always make a little bit of money, it's a great way of getting the cards you need, if they can't be gotten trading. I also know people that actually leave of this game, yeah! For example Tcgplayer2006 he does this as a little job, every day trying to sell and sell. Then theirs the ambition Pokémon generates, with with no question is the ugly part, I mean you see people always trying to trade the little kids that buy booster, every day. But that not that bad, eventually the kid will learn and do the same thing :nonono:.

So my point is that Pokémon, is awesome!
What your opinion in general?

I am really sorry if this is the wrong Forum, but RTC did not look like the right place, if theirs a better spot, please move it.

there are a great deal of positives that pokemon offers. It teaches younger kids math and reading skills. It's not a terribly expensive hobby if you know what you are doing. And you can profit from it. I play the game, sell some of my cards for extra money, and i give back to the game as a judge. It's a hobby that I really enjoy.

Yeah man. What's great about pokemon is that parents get involved. Playing a card game makes you use your brain. You're adding, thinking, minute-by-minute. It prevents degenerative brain diseases.

Also, the community of pokemon is very unique. Not too many other card games have communities like we do.

Another great thing is the fact that the heads of organized play are actively involved WITH the players. PTOs play, PTOs come here. Judges come here. POP itself comes here and talks/listens. That's insane for a corporation to do.

It's a weird and cool feeling when I can hang out with an 8 year old, an 18 year old, and a 48 year old and not feel awkward.

The great people in the game! I love to meet new people, and see my friends again!

Dante, we know the truth... some people in our league only cares about:

1 - Winning.
2 - "PWN NOOBS ARG STYLE"
3 - Make money. (Exprimirlos a todos! :lol:)

I'm happy too for the kids (And not only kids) having fun with Base Set cards or rotated cards (The hated Unlimited in our country...). I got fun with it too (And i'm not a child :lol:) but the dark part of that is some people only cares about winning and making profit instead of having fun. If you dont play modified and dont use an arquetype, you are nothing :mad:

Anyway, for me the Pokemon TCG brings me hours of fun, winning or losing the match. (More fun when you deck out and you didn't realize that :lol:). I know good people with this game, and some "other" people :lol: I change my mind with some feedback of people and the experience of the other. It's a social game, we have to know that! :thumb:

Also, the community of pokemon is very unique. Not too many other card games have communities like we do.

It's a weird and cool feeling when I can hang out with an 8 year old, an 18 year old, and a 48 year old and not feel awkward.

I like what Ryan says about community - and it's reflected in both of his statements above. You really are part of something larger than yourself in playing this game.

I was talking to someone at my company the other day (someone really high up the food chain) and was asked what my hobbies are. Without blinking I said "You have kids, right? Remember Pokemon? We play the trading card game." His interest was piqued (look it up - it's spelled right) and we talked for a while about it and I made pretty much the same points Ryan did. He said "It always amazes me at the different things our people participate in."

One of the things that I really like about the community of people is that fact that so many of the "kids" we started off playing with are now either in college or getting ready to enter college. At some point, those same "kids" will be graduating, looking for jobs, and entering the work force. There's a very good chance that I may some day be working with those same "kids." I look forward to that.

Dante, we know the truth... some people in our league only cares about:

1 - Winning.
2 - "PWN NOOBS ARG STYLE"
3 - Make money. (Exprimirlos a todos! :lol:)

I'm happy too for the kids (And not only kids) having fun with Base Set cards or rotated cards (The hated Unlimited in our country...). I got fun with it too (And i'm not a child :lol:) but the dark part of that is some people only cares about winning and making profit instead of having fun. If you dont play modified and dont use an arquetype, you are nothing :mad:

Anyway, for me the Pokemon TCG brings me hours of fun, winning or losing the match. (More fun when you deck out and you didn't realize that :lol:). I know good people with this game, and some "other" people :lol: I change my mind with some feedback of people and the experience of the other. It's a social game, we have to know that! :thumb:

Sadly:redface:

Totally

Pokemon is great... the battles are interesting and so are the people. The only thing that's remotely annoying are the infants [15+] that are overly-emotional when they lose.

The best thing Pokemon has given me are two new [and now very close] friends. To get two lifelong friends from Pokemon that you can do non-TCG related things with [and aren't ashamed to be seen with in public] is awesome!

...an interest/activity i can share with my sons.

...some very close friends, not only local but from around the country and around the world.

...a LOT of fun...and a lot of hard work.

...travel, to go along with the hard work :)

...opportunities for artistic and spiritual growth, which had their roots in the friendships made through this game. and some inevitable conflict, and heartache; after all, nothing is perfect...

...did i mention fun? and friends?

'mom

Making friends, Traveling, having fun, winning, and more importantly, doing the best I could in each event I go to. Those are some of the things I would mention.

I too love the Pokemon community. It's something that people of all ages and backgrounds can have in common, and I always like meeting new people and making new friends. The game itself is very challenging intellectually, which is something that definitely attracts me. The fact that tournaments is free is also awesome (at the City Championship I just got back from an onlooker couldn't believe that the tournaments were free).

All in all, this game is awesome. : D

Pokemon- The reason for life!

Pokemon TCG, is like a drama, the archtypes/decks fight each other to prove who's the best. And, every year, there will be some decks "retire" due to rotation. I just <3 this, it's like a never-ending story.

Gosh, i wish they doesnt stop making new gen pokemons.:smile:

Pokémon is a very interesting community you get to meet people you not have been able to meet any other way. Some can form wonderful friendships that are very useful for outside pokémon life.

I could write a whole essay on this subject.

In short, everything.

Friends. Self-confidence. Strategy thinking. Something to work towards (PTO). Ambition.

I had none of these, and Pokemon gave me all of them. For everything that I could possibly give back, it will never be enough.

Pokemon is responsible for motivating me to travel to:

Ohio, California, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, ALL over Florida. That's pretty cool in my book.

And yes, the game is getting some grey hairs. I remember picking this up in 5th grade. Now I'm 19 =O
The way the game is going I wouldn't be surprised to still be involved even after college. Pokemon is definitely one of the most responsive, friendly, and diverse gaming communities.

Pokemon is responsible for motivating me to travel to:

Ohio, California, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, ALL over Florida. That's pretty cool in my book.

/agree

This game has encouraged me to take a vacation next summer, something I haven't done in at least two years (when you can't even remember when you've last taken a vacation, it's been too long).

Destination? Columbus. And possibly Orlando as well.

And yes, the game is getting some grey hairs. I remember picking this up in 5th grade. Now I'm 19 =O
The way the game is going I wouldn't be surprised to still be involved even after college. Pokemon is definitely one of the most responsive, friendly, and diverse gaming communities.

At league, our youngest player is 6. The oldest, 66. Now that's what you call all-ages appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back