Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

what to do with G/G when battling Banette or mag ?

So what are you asking here? THe G&Gs match up against them? Well Banette is a very hard game to play. Banettes match up would have to be like 80-20 in Banettes favour. Magmortar though. Depends on the varient but usually 50-50.

Hope it helps.

Banette

30/70 favors Banette

Its the best anti G&G deck.It outspeeds Gardy/Gallade,it has its weakness,and it just counters it mostly in everyway. If you havent played G&G for a while or playtested alot,then this matchup is near a autoloss if not 1.

Magmortar

45/55 favors Magmortar

They will let you take a few prizes and then Magmortar will run rampant with Scrambles,Blaziken version,then they will snipe you to death and just let Magmortar clean up. I mean its a winnnable match,but like I said,if you havent played it and just now picking it up,then this matchup will be hard,but not as bad bannette.

G&G needs to attack with Gardevoir as much as possible vs Mags. Gallade is more of a tech there most of the time. You shut down their powers or perhaps bring down their draw / acceleration to slow them down considerably. Techs like Dugtrio or Xatu can be really nifty here.

Vs Banette you need to be mad fast. Shutting down their powers is sometimes helpful vs builds that use things like Lunatone but you can't really count on that. Techs like Blastoise d, Weavile, and Absol can help the matchup some but it's still really hard even with them.

@pikachu*
What I ment when I asked the question was like what do I do to counter them while battling.(like do I put Gardevoir up first and things like that)

banette deck!
so far its mad when battling with G&G because it is super fast, it has an super atk, they can do super combo with lunatone and so on!
therefore when facing them, try to lock the lunatone's power by psychic-lock!!

magmortar deck!!
this is a more easy oppnt's compared to banette!!
juz use the psychic-lock and kept locking and locking and make sure u hav some nm and tsd in ur hand to ensure
continous lock!!

banette deck!
therefore when facing them, try to lock the lunatone's power by psychic-lock!!

that's pretty wrong, unless they're missing energy drops and have nothing out, and even if they have a banette with no energy some lists have dres and all lists have sc pp, i'll pm you with my little write up on how i beat banette, but let me say to the public not to use psychic lock unless you get a prize for it, there's absolutley no need to give away your support to do 50-60 to banette, to shut down a power they don't need, (tvr, felicity's, mentor all discard banettes) they're taking 2 prizes to your 1 that way,

i don't disagree with anything written above but i am surprised that people rate banette that effective against G/G. i faced several banette decks with G/G through cities and never had any trouble beating any of them. i wasn't even using the blastoise cg tech, though that would be one way to lessen banette's effectiveness against G/G.

the deck i fear most as a G/G player is flygon ex/togekiss running lake boundary.

Back