What to play with Jumpluff SW?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by EDuu, Mar 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. EDuu

EDuu New Member

Yeah, i know Jumpluffs attack isn`t the best, but I like the body. Think about it; your opponent is attaking with Gallade. He/she must turn 3 prise cards because of jumpluffs resistance to knock it out. And then you just flip right and he/she has turned his tree prises just for nothing! I won`t play it in any tournament probably, but the deck might be fun. Ideas what to play with it?

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Something that hits and runs since Jumpluff has a free retreat cost. Then you are saving Jumpluff just for its flips and using a better attacker. You can even run Cessation on your own attacker just to stop your opponents use of pesky PokeBodies.

3. metagross

metagross New Member

I was looking at Jumpluff too, since it was like the deck everybody played back when Aquapolis was introduced. As NoPoke already pointed out, hit'n'run would be fun; however there are only a few Pokémon with that sort of attack and both are rather subpar when it comes to attacking (Furret SW, Lopunny DP).

Definitely run Unown G with it though, to make it even more invincible.

4. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Donphan (SW)

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Skiploom has a hit and run attack, and free retreat! But you wouldn't put a cessation crystal on it!

Just a pity the damage output isn't better and the HP for each stage. I agree with metagross that the invincible idea is hot.

Perhaps something that uses scramble well?

6. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Yeah, I used Donphan before. Donphan-Jumpluff, aka Dumbo. Autoloss to Magmortar, so not your best bet.

7. ZAKtheGeek

ZAKtheGeek New Member

Unown G, definitely.

Gengar (DP?) is an interesting combo. They both spread damage, and Gengar snipes-and-runs. Two stage 2's, though, and while they're annoying, they just don't do enough damage with enough speed...

8. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

3-2-3 Jumpluff / 3 candies.
    3-3 Donphan.
    1-1 Dugtrio.
    1 Shuckle.

I see what you mean by the Gallade..........lol they flip 3 prizes which could be a waste if you get lucky........ if ya do....... you can stall quite a while.