Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What was your most memorable battle?

My most memorable battle actually consisted of me losing... I was uphead 2 to 6 in prizes and my oppenonent seekered up my bench pokemon then moved up a pokemon to shuffle my active back into my deck...GG. I was highly shocked as two more turns i would have won.

I've had a few.

1. I was playing against Gyarados at a BR with Beedrill and I had taken 2 prizes to his 4. I knew I had 1 Seeker left, and it was prized. He had a Belted Gyarados. I could have killed it, but I thought he would have Rescue so I chose to leave it at 10. He kills my Crobat G. He also has a Uxie and a damaged Regice on the bench. I Flash Bite. He promotes Uxie. I Seeker. I win.

2. Playing against Luxchomp Gengar at CC top cut. I take a prize T2 with Raid off his Gastly, but he's able to kill one of my Bats with Luxray. We go into a huge prize trade, and in the end, I have the exact amt. of damage needed to KO him. One misplay and I would've lost.

3. Beating Plume decks with Beedrill. :)

At call of legends prerelease me and a guy had a relicanth stand off. It was epic. He ended up decking out. We laughed tons.

My most memorable battle actually consisted of me losing... I was uphead 2 to 6 in prizes and my oppenonent seekered up my bench pokemon then moved up a pokemon to shuffle my active back into my deck...GG. I was highly shocked as two more turns i would have won.

You can hold me fully responsible for that loss, as I'm the one who gave him the deck/made it tournament worthy. :tongue:

Yes... I would have to agree with you that playing against that nightmare of a deck is very memorable, usually not in a good way.

Me: Tail Revenge for 110, pass.
Opponent: Warp energy, seeker. Tail revenge for 110, pass
Me: Super scoop up, heads. Tail revenge for 110.
Opponent: Vs. seeker for seeker. Warp energy seeker. Tail revenge for 110, pass.

Take this, and multiple it by like 10. This kept going on until I got out my lumineon tech and took the last prize.

I had a pretty memorable one at states last year. I was playing against my opponent's charizard/typhlosion/ninetales deck, and had a really rough start. I finally got a curse Gengar ready to go, and started spreading a little bit of damage around the field. At this point, i'd already fallen behind 6 prizes to 2, so I knew I had no real hope of winning at that point. And then it hits me. I have two curse Gengars on my field, and the Level X benched. I double curse to move a couple counters around, then bring up my level X, compound pain, and knockout two of her benched pokemon with expert belts on them. That comeback was what i needed to win that game. Thought for sure though I was gonna lose.

I managed to survive killing 5 Gengar SF in a row once with me only having one pokemon in play, and my opponent only needing 1 prize to win. A heads on any one of them would have meant a GL. He didn't even hit the heads on the last one to get the win. No, I am normally not this lucky.

@molly,

I hope to go to regs. If I do, it will be PA. College has been kind of crazy, so it will depend on how that's going.

Edit:

Forgot this one. I once had a sableeye t2'd by an uxie when my opponent started lone toxi promo. Needless to say, there was some seriously STUPID top decking involved.

You can hold me fully responsible for that loss, as I'm the one who gave him the deck/made it tournament worthy. :tongue:

Yes... I would have to agree with you that playing against that nightmare of a deck is very memorable, usually not in a good way.

Don't break your arm patting your back! You had lot's-o-help on this one. :tongue:

It isn't that far and away different from what I originally had, but I'm glad you were able to iron out the couple of kinks it did have . And while it may suck facing it, it's a real blast to run!

Don't break your arm patting your back! You had lot's-o-help on this one. :tongue:

It isn't that far and away different from what I originally had, but I'm glad you were able to iron out the couple of kinks it did have . And while it may suck facing it, it's a real blast to run!

Yes, he did. I'm the one who actually played it at the tournaments and found exactly what needed to be changed. So while he may have gotten it that far, I did a lot...

Anyways, most memorable match for me might have to be at Nationals back in the 2006-2007 season. I had two Holon's Castform as energy down on the field, as well as two Delta Species Gardevoir (who moved energy), and Altaria EX. It was 2-1, and my opponent had just KOd my Latias * with a Flygon EX two turns previous, I had used Holon Farmer to put it back in the deck the turn before. He was sitting there, half-whistling, thinking he had the game in the bag. I topdeck the Latias * out of 20+ cards, play it down, use Gardevoir's power to get the two holon's castform to it, Extra Boost my active Gardevoir EX, attach, retreat, Shooting Star FTKO. Skill? Not at all. Stupidly lucky topdeck? You bet. The guy stopped whistling after I announced Shooting Star.:lol:

probably the finals of the first tournament i won. city championships, t2 me playing queendom vs rock lock. prized my milotic both games. i won the final game in the 2/3 by playing an atm rock, causing him to have to discard his scramble and two dre wo which he could not recover. oh the sweet irony of beating rock lock by using an atm rock :)

Oh, I agree I had lots of help. However, I'm the one who convinced him to use it in a major tourney, which is pretty impressive on it's own. :tongue:

it was in states 2011 seniors... and i needed to pull one card to win the game against my rival... I needed lost world... I looked at my deck seeing the chances of drawing the card... i look down with so much pressure and scared out of my mind... as my opponent ended his turn i could feel the fear rising because time had been called already and this was the last turn of the game. I look down and see...* i only had one card left in my deck!* I rised in triumphant as i played down lost world and declared myself winner of the game! It was the greatest victory in my life.

P.S. My opponent would of won if i didnt have lost world! He had less prizes as me.

Yes, he did. I'm the one who actually played it at the tournaments and found exactly what needed to be changed. So while he may have gotten it that far, I did a lot...

Anyways, most memorable match for me might have to be at Nationals back in the 2006-2007 season. I had two Holon's Castform as energy down on the field, as well as two Delta Species Gardevoir (who moved energy), and Altaria EX. It was 2-1, and my opponent had just KOd my Latias * with a Flygon EX two turns previous, I had used Holon Farmer to put it back in the deck the turn before. He was sitting there, half-whistling, thinking he had the game in the bag. I topdeck the Latias * out of 20+ cards, play it down, use Gardevoir's power to get the two holon's castform to it, Extra Boost my active Gardevoir EX, attach, retreat, Shooting Star FTKO. Skill? Not at all. Stupidly lucky topdeck? You bet. The guy stopped whistling after I announced Shooting Star.:lol:

And mad props to ya! You have no idea how glad it made me when DP posted your results on Hatter!

Oh, I agree I had lots of help. However, I'm the one who convinced him to use it in a major tourney, which is pretty impressive on it's own. :tongue:

Yeah, he does seem to be a bit pig-headed! Way to go both of ya! :thumb:

Most memorable?
At the states I was VS a Magnezone Deck with T-tar and I was losing. Then one of the most unusual event happened. On my opponent's turn, he played a Collector and put it in his discard pile. Then, by accident, he played Judge on the same turn. He shuffled his hand before he realized that he had played 2 Supporters in one turn, he stopped me from shuffling my hand and we called a judge and he went and discussed with another judge. They came back and he was sorry to say that the kid broke 2 rules (using 2 Supporter per turn and Shuffling you hand into your deck without the effect of a card) but was only counted for one. The win was mine, but my opponent was so upset :frown:. This was memorable, but not my favorite win.

Nats 2009, round 6. I have to win the last 2 games to have a shot at top cut.
I play Beedrill, he plays Gechamp. Early on, I do a Dangerous Evolution, which puts 10 damage on his then Haunter.
Later on, I attack that Gengar for 90 damage. Then, I realize that if Fainting Spell hits, its GG...so I retreat to Kakuna. Dangerous Evolution, KO Gengar.
I ended up taking a T8 spot.

States 2008, Quarter finals.
GG Mirrormatch. My opponent has a 1 prize lead almost the entire game, and is playing slow as can be. I somehow manage to take the last 2 prizes before he can take his last one. Then, in game 2, he's one prize short to make it count...because of his own slowplays and me adjusting to his speed. I ended up winning those states.

States 2009, Round 4
Porygon-Z vs Dialga. Another slowplayer who Deafens me all the time. After he spends 5 minutes to ask a judge how much longer left, he suddenly doesn't Deafen anymore and is out of powersprays. I slam down Pory-Z-X, drop 7 TM's and take 6 prizes in 6 turns, with him only taking one more. That felt so statisfying.

BR's 2009, Finals
Gyarados vs Kingdra. At one point, I had a Gyarados with 100 damage, and a Claydol with 60 damage on the field. Two SSU's later and my opponent just went O_O and it was good game from there on out.

At league I was playing Sablelock.

I played against a weird SP Toolbox. We traded prizes until my Aaron;s, Chomps, and Krow G were gone. I was nervous and got a KO with Crobat G, bringing us to both 1 Prize away. He gets up DGX and almost KO's my Bat. I'm worried, but I luxury Ball into a BDK on my bench. He already had a special dark on it, but I know I can't ko because he could possibly Remove Lost next turn for the KO on my BDK.

I Judge, hoping to get a DCE. Draw 1...2...3 cards and I'm nervous. Final card was.... DCE!!

I laughed so hard.

Back