Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What will win Regionals?

pokemaniac93

So, in your opinion... What Will Win Regionals? Also, why, becasue some decks have many pros rather than cons.

Last edited:
You'd better tell ppl to list reasones why its going to win or this is a poll, and the mods will lock it.

G&G or Magmortar. Sadly, i've yet to see a red face paint deck work against these... Maybe some red face paint will randomly come and win, but... i have little faith in red face paint decks vs. G&G and Magmortar

G&G
Magmortar
Banette

We will see most regionals won by these three decks...unfortunately

Tho here are a few cards/decks that could see a little bit of play...

Grumpig (CG) - 3 energy for 110 (100 with DRE) but both benchs have to be full..Body helps against Magmortar cuz it stops them from OHKOing you with Mag X's sniping attack.

Hurricane - A lot of potential if you have the right list.

Ho-Oh/Togekiss - Needs a lot of luck but can be very dangerous if the person is lucky.

As to no one's surprise, G&G and Mortar are going to dominate at Regionals. Between these two decks, no other deck stands a chance! Yes, Hurricane is GOOD, but to compete with these two decks, you have to be amazing! They are the fastest and, obviously, strongest decks in the format, when built and run correctly. I'm calling a clean sweep of Regionals between these two decks!

well since nothing new is coming out im time for regs, itll be, unfortunately, the same meta as states was(GG, mortar, banny, gatr etc)

Well, about 60% of the metagame play G&G.
And people are starting to give up a on magmortar, as i've been noticing.
So, either G&G, or Bannette.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mag or Gatr won. The fact that the majority seems to play G&G should mean that a bunch of banettes show up. Depending on how the pairings go, it is very conceivable that those 4 decks make the cut and solid rogues slip in too.
Tbh, if I was going to regionals and had a team, the deck lists would be about 50% G&G (teched for mag) and 50% banettes. The banette players job wouldn't be getting top cut, but getting rid of the mirror decks of the G&Gs. (Calling the meta for a format where there is 2 varying dominant decks and no Rock.P.S of decks is the challenge)

Well, about 60% of the metagame play G&G.
And people are starting to give up a on magmortar, as i've been noticing.
So, either G&G, or Bannette.

Perhaps 60% of your metagame is G&G, however this is not true for everyone elses metagame. For instance, my state championships was composed of almost nothing but Magmortar. Banette beats Magmortar like Hurricane beats G&G. Neither of them are safe choices, as they have a terrible time against about half the decks out there, neither of them could win it all, in my opinion. It's obviously going to be Magmprtar or G&G to come in first place.

thank you for saying that because i though i was the only one that thought banette wasn't going to first place anything else, i don't know if hurricane 1st place any of our states, but i doubt it will repeat if it did,

anyone that loves those two decks to the point that they can't listen to criticism should prove me wrong by winning a regs, i mean i bet either of those deck could pull out some brs but i don't think that counts let's see it win a regs

If I actually PLAY some G&G or mag at regionals this time(after playing 0 of either out of 7 games at states...), I think my deck could stand a chance to win.

But most likely it will just be mag and gag.

Here are my top 4 choices for decks that will make t4 at regionals.

1. G&G - G&G will be in the top 4 easily because its the BDIF, and shear numbers.

2. Mag/Blaze - Not quite as good as the best G&G build, but when you get down to it it's a killer deck that will make t4.

3. Banette - When played in a Metagame of G&G it should be fairly easy for it to make t4. Dies to Mag so is my No.3 pick.

4. Hurricane - A great deck that can beat most other decks in the format, notably Magmortar builds. It dies to G&G, which is the most popular deck out there, so it's my No.4 pick. If played in a Magmortar filled Regionals, it should do very well.

Back