What would happen if Clefairy Doll came back?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by yoshi1001, Dec 21, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Not a card most people think about, but now hat fossils count for prizes, wouldn't it be interesting if Clefairy Doll came back as a non-prize Pokemon?

2. ZAKtheGeek

ZAKtheGeek New Member

Jumpluff FTW?

Naw. Need a way to recycle the Clefairies...

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Nothing would happen because nobody would play it. Did anybody play it back then, (I didn't play back then so I don't know :lol:). I doubt it. Just a wast of space and a bad card. Its not like people played Fossil all of these years in a deck that wasn't based around Fossil evos. 10 HP just doesn't do it, and what happens when you start with the rotten thing and you have no other Basic to play. Now you are forced to play it. Oponent goes first, they use Scratch, Pound, etc. for 10 damage and win. :nonono:

4. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Actually Cleafairy Doll would actually be much more useful.
    The format is currently extremely fast and if you can't get setup by T3 you could very well be in for a blood bath.
    Giving up an early prize can mean the game, but Clefairy Doll COULD BE slightly useful with decks that take a little longer to setup.

5. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

How?(I'm a noob.)

6. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Because:

You use it as an early wall. Start with one, then drop 1 more T2-3, then by T4 you're completely set up and you are NOT down 1-2 Prizes.

Otherwise, the opponent would have 2 early prizes, and you'd be fighting from behind the entire game.

7. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

If they brought that card back into the game it wouldn't have 10 HP (look at the old Mysterious fossli compared to PK's Mysterious fossil, 10 HP was changed into 50 HP). Point proved.

8. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

It only has 10 HP. So if you happen to start with it and your opponent goes first, they do 10 FTW. GG!

9. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

I think hes talking more the concept of a Prizeless wall, not letter for letter clefairy doll. Nowadays, the hp would probably be up (i would say 30 instead of 50, but *shrug*), and it wouldnt be impossible for there being a line allowing you to mulligan if thats all you have.

10. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

It would be interesting to plop one down against a Gardevoir Lv. X. Probably not a really great (or even good) combo, but it could severly mess up Bring Down.

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Why are people assuming that the rule changes affecting Fossils would also affect Doll?
    Doll is not a Fossil.
    You would not start the game with it.
    KO'ing would not get a Prize.
    It would still only have 10HP.

12. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Seriously, if the doll gave up prizes...

what would be the point of its existence?

13. Keen Player

Keen Player New Member

Then it would be easier to use Scramble ;).

14. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

Really the question is: What happens if they reprint fastball? :thumb:

15. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Clefairy Doll and Blastoise SW ;)
    lol xD

16. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Yeah, but then why not just use a starter pokemon that actually does something? :wink:

17. doppelganger

doppelganger New Member

if clafairy doll came back i think everyone would cry cause they'd make it rare or sumin.

'and my rare that i spent £3.00 on is...
    *face drops*
    lame -_-

18. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

If Clefairy Doll came back, it would be the perfect Gardevoir distractor.