Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What's in your TO/Judge/League box?

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Hi all,

I just posted my equipment setup for Tourneys in blog. I was thinking it might be interesting if we all shared some tips about what makes a good checklist or special item for use in setting up tournaments & leagues.

Anyone have a setup they consider good and would be willing to share?
Any special items you like?

Here's mine to start off:

Special Item
3M makes little stick-on plastic hooks. The adhesive holds well and comes off easily (you pull a tab that hangs off the hook, it stretches the adhesive like 12" and the hook comes loose, leaving no mark on painted surfaces). I know that sounds like an ad, but I love being able to hang my banners!

Equipment Checklist

BIG BOX
Side Event Energy
Printer
Extension Cord/Power Strip
Theme Decks
USB Cable
Paper
Forms
Spare print cartridge
12" Razor Wheel Paper Cutter
3M hooks

LITTLE BAG
Small: Scissors, Tape, Stapler
Refills for Tape & Staples
Printer CD
A billion pens
Table numbers
Dice for selecting prize drawings
Extra adhesive for the hooks
Spare stopwatch

COMPUTER
Latest TOM
Compendium

FORMS
Registration
Decklist
POP ID
Clipboard Penalty Report
Penalty Guidelines
Draft Judge Manual

Outside of the stuff you've posted above..

Big Box:

Double Tickets (for door prizes)
Coloring sheets
Crayons
Minisharpie Necklace (not joking, only Keny from Rockford has a bigger collection)

Door Prizes:

Puzzle Gum (Check the front of TRU every once in a while)
Pokeball Gummies
Small toys (keychains, etc)
1-3 Videogames (usually the most recent Pokemon games)
box o' Promos (mostly old stuff, Magmars, Machamps, Misdreavous, and about 300 Inquest Bagons)

Everybody Wins Something at my events!

Last edited:
TO/Judge bag - binder with POP documents, The Compendium, driving directions to various places, & Japanese Southern Island cards. Table numbers (tin with laminated numbers and old WotC BattleZone table numbers). Stop watches, pens, Sharpies. Notepad. Laminated "Match Results Slips" sign. Toilet seat covers. Various lanyerds given to me by PokeMeBob. Gastly/Haunter/Gengar mini-notepad. Napkins. Package of opened sleeves (for when someone needs to protect that cool card they just got). Leftover random raffle prizes (soft Pokéball, inflatable POP Pokéball, deck box, tin of Sugar Daddy, Dialga in Pokémon frame, & Cascoon hanging thing) (most donated by LizB!).

Friday League bag - pens, tape (if they don't want their scorecard when completed, it gets taped to the wall), highlighter, Sharpie, Pikachu notebook, POP 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 packs, Leaguer scorecards, League holo energy, opened League pins, sign in sheet, unclaimed deck found a few months ago, deckbox with random cards in it. The unused scorecards and extra pins are in another section.

Saturday League kit - contains same as Friday League kit except no tape, only POP 8 packs, no holo League energy, no unclaimed deck, no sign in sheet (must print more),

Generic League bags - League Energy, bags/containers of dice/randomizers/status markers, cards for decks, extra decks, copies of the Parental/Guardian Consent Form for Children 12 and Under Version 2, unused POP ID forms, flyers for the greater NE CC series, copies of the 2008-2009 Modified-Legal Reprint List 11/6/2008 version, decklist forms, directions to Diehard Games from my house (guess i can get rid of these now), list of cards PokeMeBob is looking for, used POP ID forms, old League surveys, thank you letter from Our Lady of Mercy School, Parental Constent form original version (these can be recycled), Poké-crafts given to me by LizB, pictures of my oldest taken by Gino, deckbox with promos (wow Origins stamped Ditto's) and my Sevii Islands Leader book with POP ID order and last name order rosters for Friday & Saturday, current season's sign in sheets, and new POP ID forms.

Someday i hope to get my own laptop & printer.

Not much left to fill in:

1. Ziplock bag with collection of status condition markers
2. Ziplock bag of damage counters
3. Ziplock bag of "neutral" coins/dice
4. shoebox with extra copies all pre-release sleeves for replacing the odd one or two
5. Extra strength Tylenol
6. Phone #'s of nearest Pizza delivery places

Extra 'Staff' or 'Volunteer' shirts for those on Staff who don't have one.
A bag of those Burger King Pokemon toys they handed out a few months ago (they make great Table # holders).
Piplup slippers for your Head Judge (for added comfort given the long hours on their feet)<--for real ask Mrs. Blizzard

We use a BINGO cage and #'s for giving away the prizes. You can pick one up for about $15.
However, right now I'm more interested in those slippers (Togepi womens 10)

A bag of those Burger King Pokemon toys they handed out a few months ago (they make great Table # holders).

OMG! What a great idea!

For tournaments:
Most everything mentioned previously, alnog with a copy of the most recent rule book, and a handfull of playmats out of Theme Decks.

For League:
I have one of those folding roll crates for all my supplies. Inside is a picture storage box that is roughly 5X8X12. Inside that is an index card holder with the league cards, plus blank cards. Also in the box currently are the badges and one baggie of POP 8 packs. The POP ID forms fit nicely inside the lid of the picture storage box.

In the crate are additional POP boosters, and as we move into later seasons, I will move the badges from the picture box to zip-lock bags in the crate.

The Burger King toys for Table # holders..... i stole that from the Colorado crew :) Thanks they work great!
I put velcro on the backs of them so they can stick together, they don't tip over this way!

As for EeveeLover .......wondering if the slippers will fit ya....well your gunna find out in March! :)
(we are gunna make them fit) :)

momma_june: oh i wish they had Togepi! sorry

It looks like everyone's got the same idea!

Maybe PUI could come up with an official tournament box? The sling bag is too small for tournament needs but great for leagues!

Wayne and I share for the most part but, are working on duplicate boxes. Somewhere down the road we may be separated at the hip and have to run tournaments on the same day as each other and need 2 boxes! LOL

Spookies,

See ya soon!

Back