Whats the deal with Fast Ball?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by MetaGrossEX, Sep 3, 2003.

1. MetaGrossEX

MetaGrossEX New Member

I was looking at my cards the other day and notice a tranier called Fast Ball it reads.

Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Evolution card.Show that card to your opponet and put it in your hand (if you don't reavel an Evolution card, shuffle all the revealed cards back into you deck.)

Now i want to know since it doesn't say reveal cards from the TOP of your deck can the user of the card reveal cards from anywhere from his/her deck?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I think that's just a wording mistake, and that it's supposed to mean from the top of your deck.

3. Baboon

Baboon New Member

It means from the top. If a card were meant to be from anywhere, it would specifically say that.
    What a coincidence... I wrote an article about Fast Ball for today... ;)

4. MetaGrossEX

MetaGrossEX New Member

Are you sure because i asked the same question on some other sites and they replied back saying that yes you could reveal the cards from anywhere from your deck.

5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

which "other" sites?

6. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I'd say stick with drawing from the top of your deck.
    After all, if you're not cheating, then whenever you shuffle, it would be (in theory) completely random, right?
    So it shouldn't be a problem if you do it from the top - taking it from the middle, or wherever is just silly to do it that way.

Treat it like any other Misprint (like that 'crystal' Nidoking) and play it the way it was intended to be worded.