What's unlimited?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Venusaur, Oct 27, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venusaur

Venusaur New Member

I know unlimited isnt an official format but usually what cards are included in it? Is it base-sandstorm and all wotc and nintendo promos? And which rules do you play by, Nintendo or Wotc?

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Uh... actually, it is an official format. It's just that premeire events are rarely run in that format.

It is all USA released cards (minus HB Pikachu and Ancient Mew).

And ALL play is now under the new rules. They're not so much Nintendo or WotC rules. Even if WotC were still printing the cards, we would have had to switch over to the new rules anyway.

Everything keys off of what the Japanese makers want and decide.

3. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

You should visit www.pokemon-tcg.com to catch up in anything you need to know about the Pokemon-e TCG these days. This site contains all of the most recent rules and tournament rules you need to know in order to play in a Pokemon Organized Play tournament.

4. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Unlimited!

Unlimited simply put, use any card you want. The individual t.o. will then preface with , " except cards ....." Not only is it a format,, but can be sanctioned. Pokemon usa is watching the large draw this format is having in florida now and hopefully see its use your way.

5. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Hmm... In japan, unlimited still dominates Modified...

6. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Just to clarify, the T.O. cannot selectively ban cards from sanctioned Unlimited Format tournaments (i.e. "um, I don't think I'll let anyone use Charizards this week"). POP Floor Rules state that the only two cards currently not allowed in Unlimited Format are "Ancient Mew" and "____'s Pikachu" (aka "Birthday Pikachu").

Just making sure we're clear on this,
    - CHRISBO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.