What's up with my Zapdos? I think he's having a foil breakout!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Tentacruel13, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

Well, my Zapdos card looks like a regular Zapdos card at first glance. When you look closely in the light, you can see the foil on the CARD(and the art of course). I'm not a n00b, I know what reverse holos are and this is not one of them. I do not have any other of these types of cards and I wanted to know if this was an error card.

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Pic please.

If its what I think it is, its normal. All DP on cards have small flecks of foil in them, some more than others.

3. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

Oh, is that so. I also found a Moltres and a Cresselia with it. I'll try to get a pic but I think you're right.

4. Deidara

Deidara New Member

Don't worry too much. It's probably just some Holo effect or something like that....

5. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

Who ever said I was worrying? I was hoping it was an error card and I could sell it!

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

No, most or all of the DP-on holos have this effect on them. I've noticed this a bit more on the legendary Pokemon as opposed to the others.

7. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

It just means the star foil on the inside of the card is showing through the ink they print on top of it. It's nothing special...but it does look cool!

edit: Cool Tip - You can take nail polish to foil cards and it will (usually) remove the ink on it leaving it with just a blank foil card.