Whats your team gonna be in Pokemon Colosseum?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Super Saiyan 3 Raichu, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Mine will be:

Kyogre@Leftovers
    Raichu@Leftovers
    Groudon@Chesto Berry
    Rayquaza@Shell Bell
    Sceptile@Petaya Berry
    Metagross@Shell Bell

2. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

Mm, ooberific Batman! He he he, I got a few possibilities, but currently my level 100's are:

Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Sharpedo
    Aggron
    Flygon
    Xatu

I'm currently working on raising Lodicolo, Breloom, and Medicham.

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

For a quick fix try raising Camerupt. It's attacks are awsome, and it learns them at very low levels.
    -Swampert

4. Im using those in Battle Mountain Collosseum Mode

5. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

My 3 favorite are Latios, Wailord, and Mightyena. I haven't figured out the rest, but I'd probably plop in Lunatone and Solrock for 2 on 2.

6. Im goona use Latios& Kyogre in 2v2

Latios used Helping Hand
    Kyogre used Calm Mind

Latios used Calm Mind
    Kyogre used Calm Mind

Latios used Helping Hand
    Kyogre used Surf,Ice Beam, or Thunder

thats my strategy:)

7. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

are you all from japan. has colloseum already come out there?!?!?!?

8. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

My team? Well, I hate using Legendaries for teams, it just ruins it for me.

I'm NOT from Japan, but I've heard that it has come out there, and this would be my team...

Skarmory(Sturdy) @MetalCoat
    Spkes
    Roar
    DrillPeck
    SteelWing

Machamp @FocusBand
    Foresight
    SeismicToss
    VitalThrow
    HyperBeam

Alakazam(Synchronise) @ChoiceBand
    Trick
    Torment
    Psychic
    ShadowPunch

Flygon @ MiracleSeed (btw, yes it IS possible to breed this entire moveset, as I recall)
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Dig
    Flamethrower

Cacturne @QuickClaw
    FaintAttack
    Sandstorm
    NeedleArm
    Toxic

Lanturn(VoltAbsorb) @MysticWater
    Thunderbolt
    ConfuseRay
    Charge
    HydroPump

9. Lanturn_Trainer

Lanturn_Trainer New Member

You guys know you can get the old Pokemon right, my team's gonna be

Tyranitar(when i get one)& Focus Band
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Hyper Beam
    Surf

Lanturn
    Thunderbolt
    Confuse Ray
    Hydro Pump
    Take Down

Blaziken&Mental Herb
    Blaze Kick
    Double Kick
    Overheat
    Sky Uppercut

Crobat
    Poison Fang
    Confuse Ray
    Air Cutter
    Return

Salamence
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Breath
    Fly
    Crunch

Espeon
    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Shadow Ball
    Psyche Up

Cool team isn't it.

10. Do u all mind if i jus give better suggestions on those teams?

11. by the way,Alakazaqm cant get Shadow Punch

12. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say ShadowBall (TM30).

Super Saiyan 3 Raichu, I don't mind if you give some suggestions for my team. Go ahead, but if you have suggestions where I can breed in the moves, instead of using TM's, that'd be even better.

Anyways, here's the idea for the Team's strategy...
    SKARMORY - Use Spikes first up, then just keep using Roar until a faster Pokémon appears, or a Pokémon that is weak to Skarmory, then you start attacking them. If they try and switch out, they take more damage from Spikes.
    MACHAMP - Use Foresight on any Ghost types, or Pokémon that use moves like DoubleTeam and Minimise. Seismic toss does a straight 100 for a lv100 Pokémon, so that's good if they have a resistance. Vital Throw means that you're just about guaranteed to hit, and HyperBeam is for the OHKO if they're not resistant to it.
    ALAKAZAM - Lead off with Trick, switching the two items. The Choice band acts like a permanent Encore!!! Combined with Torment (they can't use the same attack twice in a row), you know what move they're going to use, and they can only use it once every second turn!!! Psychic and ShadowBall will do nicely, with the high SpAtk.
    FLYGON - Just a nice powerhouse. It has a variety of moves, and because of Levitate, you won't take extra damage from Earthquake when you use Dig.
    CACTURNE - Grass, Dark, with the joy of Toxicity!!! One of my fav's from RuSa.
    LANTURN - Because I don't have any Electric or Water type attacks already, this is a perfect complement, especially with Volt Absorb.

14. Good Strategy but....Shadow Ball is a physical move that runs off of your attack stat

15. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Oh, I was sure that Shadow BALL was a Special Attack, while Shadow PUNCH was a Physical Attack.
    Can anyone confirm these?

Btw, SS3R. That post on 12/19/2003 10:15 PM. Was that meant to say anything special? I noticed that you have changed some of the stuff, but I don't have a Petaya berry (how do I get one?), but if you're going to comment on my team, can you please state what moves should be swapped over?

Unless I can compare the two side by side, then it's particularly difficult to see what you're suggesting I do...

Also, with the Flygon, you can't breed in Earthquake (so you HAVE to use TMs), but you can get Dig easily. Also, Dig is better than Earthquake in this situation, because you can use it as a defensive move against SkullBash, Dive, Fly, and the other moves that take one turn to charge up, and it doesn't have the drawbacks, thanks to Levitate. If I had room to put in Protect as a move, then I'd go Earthquake over Dig, but if I don't then it has no defense.
    Same with BrickBreak on Machop - you'd have to TM that as well.

16. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

When a Pokemon's Basic form can learn the move, you do not "have to waste" the TM. Any male Pokemon it can mate with and learns that attack will breed it over since TMs are breedable.... dont know how well EQ breeds to Flygon though... or Brick Break to Machamp...

{:rolleyes: thumbs through guide:rolleyes: }
    Ok Flygon, Impossible. The only (legal) bug Family that can learn EQ is Hercross and Pinser, both by TM....
    As far as Machamp with BB, Heracross>Volbeat/Illumiss>Machamp works fine, i think. Not sure on how breeding Ill and Vol works exactly?

17. Skarmory(Sturdy) @MetalCoatSkarmory(Sturdy) @Brightpowder
    Roar/Steel Wing
    Drill Peck
    Toxic/Curse
    Spikes/HP^ground^

Machamp @Chesto
    Bulk Up
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide(Breed)
    Rest

Trick
    Torment
    Psychic
    Recover/Calm Mind

Flygon @ Petaya Berry
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

Cacturne @Brightpowder
    FaintAttack
    Sandstorm
    NeedleArm
    Double Team

Lanturn(VoltAbsorb) @Leftovers
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarmory@Leftovers
    Spikes
    Roar
    DrillPeck
    SteelWing-If you r gonna use Steel Wing then give him:HP^ground^,over Roar Curse over Spikes

Machamp @FocusBand
    Foresight-good i guess
    SeismicToss--hm, Bulk Up
    VitalThrow-try Cross Chop
    HyperBeam-Rock Slide

Trick
    Torment
    Psychic
    ShadowPunch-No Recover or Calm Mind

Flygon @ MiracleSeed -miracle seed does next 2 nothing give him Petaya when avaliable
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam--Sunnybeamer huh? great
    Dig--no good on him unless you're shooting for an annoyergon
    Flamethrower-......

Cacturne @QuickClaw-better off with Brightpowder
    FaintAttack
    Sandstorm
    NeedleArm
    Toxic-Double Team/Ingrain

Lanturn(VoltAbsorb) @MysticWater
    Thunderbolt-why not Thunder Wave w/ this
    -Ok i guess...
    Charge-Not really good,unless you're fighting 2 v2 with someone who uses Follow Me
    HydroPump --No Hydro Pump sux unless u have someone like Salalmence

Last edited: Dec 21, 2003
  18. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Thanks. I think I'll save this page to my PC and read through it a bit later. Thanks! :D

Quick question - What do you mean by "HydroPump --No Hydro Pump sux unless u have someone like Salalmence" - Salamence can't learn the move, and if you're using it against Salamence, you wouldn't want to use a water attack, due to resistance.

If Alakazam doesn't have ShadowPunch, then as soon as they switch out to a Dark-type or even a Sableye, Alakazam will never be able to beat it.

If you want to get Machamp with BrickBreak and RockSlide, it's impossible to do without using a TM. Either you can go Heracross-Illumise/Volbeat-Machamp to get BrickBreak, or you can go for the RockSlide with a Camerupt-Spinda-Machamp. Yes, you could go for both, but only if you were to use the BrickBreakTM (TM31, as I recall) on Spinda, then breed it, or just TM the Machamp after breeding.
    Camerupt can't get BrickBreak, and Volbeat/Illumise can't get RockSlide.

Also, why would I go for CrossChop over VitalThrow? If they use SandAttack or Flash on Machamp, then I'm done for. Or if they've been using DoubleTeam for a bit, and I switch in Machamp, then I can do VitalThrow, then Foresight to stop them. Sure, CrossChop does nice damage, but it's only 80% accurate. I don't want my Machamp to be beaten purely because they had something with DoubleTeam/SandAttack.

With the Skarmory, the odds of getting a strongly-powered HiddenPower(Ground) are almost impossible, and it's also impossible to predict what HiddenPower will be after it's stats are maxed.

Btw, thanks for the help on this, even if I don't agree with all of your ideas. I wouldn't have thought of RockSlide myself.

19. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Bagon can be bred with Hydro Pump (breed with Horsea line)

Yeah, you have to burn the Tm to get BB and RS. If you are using Foresight on Machamp anyways, go Cross Chop. DT is denied until they switch out. No matter how many times they DT after a Foresight it is useless until they switch out. Vital Throw is good, garunteed hit, but it always go second, which means your opponent get a free hit

getting the correct HP attack isnt hard, unless you try to get it on a specific nature as well. Then it is more luck (or cheating) than skill. Getting it maxed is tough, but I got my Manetric with HP Ice (anti ground and dragons) at a 68 outta 70. I hade to use a nature that was +Sp At, -Sp Df (Rash I think) instead of Modest like I wanted, but it has a good defensive HP for an electric type. There is a Website that will help you figure out a Pokemons IV's and from there it HP and its AT value. Will find it for you if you want it.....

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  20. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

is it www.pokefor.tk ? I looked at the page, but I don't understand it.