Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

when is ptcgo gunna get good?

FSULugia

i like how theres an online way to play pokemon, but when are all these new features that tpci keeps talking about going to be coming? i remember them talking about adding a bunch of things but so far i dont see anything new.

all they did so far was make the pack codes different (even though i still dont see why they did that or any reasoning behind it) but whatever thats fine. i dont care so much about that, but why is the game still kinda dull? it doesnt seem like you can do much sides battle anyone. thats cool, but whats the point? tropical beach doesnt exist in the game so its not even a realistic competitive simulator.

i wish the game would get a little interesting. maybe add some older formats in there, add cards from past sets, make a storyline, make some sort of adventure, tournaments, good cpus, just something sides battling the same people. maybe im bickering too much but i dont really play this anymore and can see why. it seems like once u get what u need to play a deck, play a few times, thats really it. does anyone feel the same?

I dunno, for my uses it's fine. Easily and quickly create decks and test them out. They did say tournaments were coming, but honestly, there are just too many bugs in the game to actually run a tournament.

They need to get things rock solid before adding more features (and fire whoever waits until the day of the update to test and take down the servers).

quick answer:January 2014.the updates you are talking about are coming out sometime this year.
but then again,that's just my guess.

You guys realize that it may never be "bug-free", because every 3 months new cards are released that introduce new mechanics. 100+ cards each time. Granted, not every card has something groundbreaking, but card like Ghetsis and Virizion EX are probably big deals to program in. Realize they are working on that NOW, to be ready for when the set is released.

Can't they have more developers to do that, while other developers are building the new functionality? Sure, and I have no idea how many people they can afford. Just saying don' t believe they are sitting on their hands. "when is ptcgo gunna get good?" probably makes them die a little bit inside.

well sadly, the game is a bit of a bore bugs or no bugs. you can just use redshark if you desperately want to test cards. ptcgo is just a flashy simulator in reality. it would just be nice if the game had a bit of depth since theres no incentive for me to want to play when the game has no new challenges or any sort of goals to accomplish.

well sadly, the game is a bit of a bore bugs or no bugs. you can just use redshark if you desperately want to test cards. ptcgo is just a flashy simulator in reality. it would just be nice if the game had a bit of depth since theres no incentive for me to want to play when the game has no new challenges or any sort of goals to accomplish.

Even if nothing was added, I still think it's better than redshark or playtcg personally

What exactly do you want out of the program? It's a card game simulator. It simulates the card game (fairly) well. Sure, it's missing a couple cards and has a couple bugs, but those will be fixed soon. I'm not sure what else you want it to do. Do you get bored with the game in person too? Find some friends, build some decks, play some games. It's meant to be a fancy simulator, that's what it was built to do.

What exactly do you want out of the program? It's a card game simulator. It simulates the card game (fairly) well. Sure, it's missing a couple cards and has a couple bugs, but those will be fixed soon. I'm not sure what else you want it to do. Do you get bored with the game in person too? Find some friends, build some decks, play some games. It's meant to be a fancy simulator, that's what it was built to do.

The biggest problem with PTCGO is that its not much different than whats already out there. A fancy simulator that cant even do that right is why I dont think it really lives up to the hype. Why would I not just use the money I spend on codes to buy real cards and just play in real life if I really wanted to? Personally Im bored of the current real life game, which is why PTCGO bores me too since its the same exact thing.

It would be cool if you could play with cards from Base Set - HGSS, if there were challenges with it, if there was draft format, if there was characters from the show you could battle, if there were certain special formats (like no EX's), just things that would make the game unique.

I feel PTCGO kinda falls into the same trends that sports games fall under. Its just the same thing over and over again. Whats the point? Its too bad there wont ever be anything like PTCG for Game Boy ever again except this time with all the cards in the game. That would be pretty sick.

From your response above, FSULugia, I guess they just aren't marketing it towards you. If you're bored with the game in real life, PTCGO isn't meant to be more stimulating. At least not yet. It is meant to facilitate quick games whenever someone feels the urge, especially for players who don't have anyone to play with in real life.

It's a new means to connect to all the non-Organized Players out there....the ones who buy the random pack from Target. One day they will login and enter that first code and they will be hooked. And then maybe they will start becoming a competitive player in real life and buying more cards.

Your suggestions are interesting, but many don't fall in line with the goals stated above. What would be the point in investing in making it work for Base Set - HGSS? Nothing, when the kids are trying to be steered towards competitive play using Modified format. Drafting could be interesting, once they start accepting money. They do have AI competitors to battle against, I guess they could rename them to be people in the show. Building decks for special formats could also be fun, but they've barely gotten Modified and Unlimited working with all the possible battle variations possible (vs. computer, vs. novice player, vs. expert player, including the deck management rules for each).

From your response above, FSULugia, I guess they just aren't marketing it towards you. If you're bored with the game in real life, PTCGO isn't meant to be more stimulating. At least not yet. It is meant to facilitate quick games whenever someone feels the urge, especially for players who don't have anyone to play with in real life.

It's a new means to connect to all the non-Organized Players out there....the ones who buy the random pack from Target. One day they will login and enter that first code and they will be hooked. And then maybe they will start becoming a competitive player in real life and buying more cards.

Your suggestions are interesting, but many don't fall in line with the goals stated above. What would be the point in investing in making it work for Base Set - HGSS? Nothing, when the kids are trying to be steered towards competitive play using Modified format. Drafting could be interesting, once they start accepting money. They do have AI competitors to battle against, I guess they could rename them to be people in the show. Building decks for special formats could also be fun, but they've barely gotten Modified and Unlimited working with all the possible battle variations possible (vs. computer, vs. novice player, vs. expert player, including the deck management rules for each).

I get that its just a marketing tool and nothing more than modern product promotion, but adding more cards and more things to do will get people who like the general Pokemon franchise to play. The franchise isnt centered around just whatever is the current modified format is. To me that seems like its only really appealing to people who play the competitive game, since people that dont, would like to be able to use older cards and have other things to do.

Last edited:
PTCGO is supposed to offer a much more accessible and easy to use program for people who want to play the TCG at home or can't play at tournaments/leagues because they don't have the time or resources to do so. It does this perfectly in my opinion and is also a good testing tool albeit not the best due to bugs and no beach (Which should be added soon hopefully).

World Championship Deck code card? That's honestly where it should have been when Truth won a couple of years ago...

Back