Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Where's the Beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so the new TMvTA set seems to be moving away from the E-reader. The only cards that have e-reader stripes are cards that were released in Japan in earlier sets/promos.
Soooo... what level are they? Where's their Flavor Text?

Many of the players of the game might not care about these things, but there are some that love these parts of the cards and missed them when they were hidden by e-code. Now, they're just gone!

true, but most of the cards in the TM/TA are each teams sets, and Im sure the e-ready has the info on the normal Pokemon and not the info for the team ones. Im sure we will see the dot code back with the next sets.

Hmm just a thought to go along with the speculation... if you look at the World Championships logo, the -e is also missing...

-marril

Gym Leader Blaine said:
true, but most of the cards in the TM/TA are each teams sets, and Im sure the e-ready has the info on the normal Pokemon and not the info for the team ones. Im sure we will see the dot code back with the next sets.

I don't think the e-reader "has" any info of any kind. It's what it says it is, a reader. The info is in the dot code.

PokePop said:
I don't think the e-reader "has" any info of any kind. It's what it says it is, a reader. The info is in the dot code.

You know now that you have said something I have not see a e-reader in the stores in a couple of months. I was looking for one at a couple of wal-marts and they didnt have them.

It's not that point...
The missing "e" in the Worlds logo is due to the fact that both Europe and Japan don't have dot-codes in the ADV/EX series.
So it's useless to make a Worlds logo with the "e", cause in the biggest part of the World, is not Pokémon-e TCG, but only Pokémon TCG.

The missing dot codes don't supply any changement on the booster packs though.. we still have 9 cards at the same price, without dot-codes. Where's the beef?

DMTM said those dots were very expensive...
Big World Championship or Dots????
Which would you pick if you had to decide?

You got to be kidding right? I mean yeah no worlds because of dot codes .... GET REAL

There's no beef, no bread and no ruddy pickle... heck someone nicked the sandwich!

Last edited:
I miss flavor text. I have no idea what most of the Pokémon are now. I don't play GameBoy. I really don't have time to sit there and scan cards to find out the interesting facts. I'd love to have flavor text back.

Oh and Walrein, Claydol, Sealeo, Absol, Jirachi, & Spheal have not been released with Dot code. What is a Claydol?

maybe they used that money for the dot code for the Team Magma and Team Aqua mats just a thought but it shouldn be around the same price since the mats use alot of ink, paper and desine

My hypothesis on the lack of dot-codes is because the Magma/Aqua background were new and maybe NOA didn't have enough time to Westernize the backgrounds... so all they did was take the Japanese backgrounds and yellowed up the borders. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back