Which Blaziken deck for States?

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ColdCoates90, Mar 3, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

After seeing for myself how well Blaziken decks do I've decided to play one for States. I don't know which one to use so I'd appericiate if someone with experience with Blaze decks could help me decide.
    BAR?
    Ninekin?
    BlazeEX with Amphy?
    BAR with BlazeEX?

2. Dañel

Dañel New Member

:grass:I think pañal (mudkip) can help you with this :grass:

:grass: Kimi ga suki da to sakebitai :grass:

3. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

Personally, I'd just go Blaziken/Blaziken EX/Delcatty. Maybe Amphy too, but I'm not sure.

4. ColdCoates90

I was also leaning towards that but then I thought a good gardevoir Ex deck could probably rip it apart.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  5. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

I think Gardevoir ex will pretty much always be a problem for Blaziken ex due to weakness, but I do expect Gardy/ex decks to see somewhat of a decline in usage once Sceptile ex comes out (he OHKOes Gardy and Gardy ex).

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Depends on your budget. =P If you have money to burn, build something like this:

Pokemon: 22
    4 Torchic (Dragons)
    2 Combusken (Flare)
    4 Holo Blaze
    2 Skitty (Take Down)
    3 Holo Delcatty
    3 Rayquaza EX
    4 Dunsparce

Energy: 16
    12 Fire
    4 Lightning

Trainers: 22
    4 Oracle
    4 TV Reporter
    3 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Desert Shaman
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Warp Point
    1 Fisherman
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Crystal Shard (No, I'm not crazy, this will actually help against mirror matches, especially with Blaziken's attack, since 50x2=100)

If you have a tight budget but can still afford a Blaziken deck:

Pokemon: 24
    4 Torchic (Dragons)
    2 Combusken (Flare)
    4 Holo Blaze
    2 Skitty (Take Down)
    2 Holo Delcatty
    3 Vulpix (You choose, I'm too lazy to look it up)
    3 Ninetales (Hopefully you know which one)
    4 Dunsparce

Energies: 15
    15 Fire

Trainers: 21
    4 Oracle
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Desert Shaman
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Strength Charm (Once again, I'm not crazy, helps against Ray EX because you'll only need three nrg 2 KO it instead of the 4th one that can be used on a second Ninetales)
    2 Pokenav (trust me on this one, it'll save your butt sometime, and you'll come crawling to me, saying, "Thank You, Wooper, for enlightening me!")
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 High Pressure System (Ninetales gets free retreat)

That's just my opinion. Niniken and BAR are pretty much the most solid decks you can get, and they should dominate Nationals and Worlds when it comes right down to it. If you aren't too experienced with Blaziken, now's the time to start practicing, because Nationals isn't too far from now!

WooP (yes, MuD, I copied your thingy)

7. ColdCoates90

I have alot of money to build my decks with.Why did you choose a plain Blaze/Ray deck?Won't getting Rayquaza to the bench for fire starting every other turn be hard?

8. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Not for the experienced player. Besides, it's not like you don't have benched Rayquaza EX to power up. You can ditch some stuff for switches or warp points in the Blazequaza deck, I'd say

-1 Combusken
    -1 POR
    -1 Crystal Shard or Fisherman

+3 Switch/Warp Point/any combonation of these

There ya go. If you want a BAR deck just copy Jermy's. :p

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  9. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I'd use a Blaze/EX/Aqua's Manectric or Magma's Claydol/Catty. That'd be UUBER broken. In fact, I'm gonna mke it my goal to make descent decks and combos w/ all the EX starters. Hope I helped!
    -Swampy

10. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

well i for one think if you can make a deck that doesnt have EXs in it and can handle EX decks you will have a big advantage. so i am going to make a deck that does not run EX's! and still be on top.

ps. i have one right now that has won a C.C. and came in 2 and 3rd in others. so it can easily be done.
    think outa the box, dont follow the crowd!

11. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Niniken is ur best bet, consistant, fast and with BLaze EX, U get 2 free prizes vs Ray, and u can OHKO the opponents Tales too, but since Tales sin't that popular, Niniken with Blaze ex is ur best bet

-MuD

12. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

I defintely agree with Mob....i play against him all the time and he is awesome at building decks without ex's so like he said it can be done....i would lean towards Blaze/9tales for you.....but at TX states ive got something up my sleeve ( muwahahahaha)

13. GOROY

GOROY New Member

I thought Aqua-Magma cards aren't allowed at CC's?

14. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Hopefully Blaziken ex will get changed, seeing as how its COMPLETELY broken. As of now, I think Niniken is the better deck (as opposed to BAR, BR). It can swarm more, it doesn't give up 2 prizes when ko'd. Also, everyone and their mothers will be packing crystal shards. You make them useless by playing Blaziken/Tales.

It loses to straight water... sometimes. Kingdra may be popular at States, so watch out for that. Nothing can beat everything in this format, so it realllly depends on what is going to be played at your State Champs. Mudkip plays Niniken a lot, so he may be able to elaborate on matchups with it. Kingdra ex won't beat Niniken all the time, but its got the best shot out of pretty much any deck out there.

So, in summary, I think Niniken would be the way to go...

15. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

True nike but my version of blaze/Ray/magneton owns kingdra jus cuz of the fact magneto can do so much damage mid to late game so im not really worried about king-ex

16. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Yeah, what Jermy said. Kingdra is hard pressed to beat Blaze/Ray, i agree.

17. ColdCoates90

I'm not sure what will be played in states over here but I'm expecting to see lots of Blaziken decks(BAR's to be precise.) and possibly some Gardevoir decks.Would anyone happen to know whats played in East and Middle TN?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  18. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

be careful on your strategy tho cuz blazikenEX is weak to psychic to and thus gardevoir should become more popular yet again

19. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

Yea Gardy should become more prominent once Blaze-EX comes out....but i wouldnt be surprised to see a few Beedrill decks ( if released in TAvsTM ) too which as you you know Gardy is week too....

20. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner New Member

Blaziken and Ninetales is definately the way to go, becuase of the 2-prize rule that rayquaza has. Blaziken ninetales is fast and can be very dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.