Which deck should I choose?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by psy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. psy

psy New Member

At the 22. December I'm going to attend my first CC this year!
    I used DWD at the last tournament(Christams Tournament), and I lost one match!

So I was wondering what deck should I use at the CC?
    Deck I have:
    BanBliss
    DWD
    Blissvire
    Kingdra Swarm
    Duskqueen
    Hurrican
    Gallade
    Lucario Varient

Somebody that have a idea of what I should use?

2. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

What are the top decks in your local metagame? These are the ones you should consider preparing for.

What suits your strategy or playing ability (i.e. straight up hitters, special conditions, hand control)?

3. psy

psy New Member

I have never been in the Bergen League. But a friend of mine said they are just playing with Empoleon and Infernape(not in the same deck). Or else there is one dude that has a super deck(But he won't tell me what.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

If your local metagame is Empoleon and Infernape then Blissvire would probably be the best choice. It can wreck Empoleon, which in turn should take out the Infernape decks. Blissey can also survive against Ape if you end up getting paired up against one. You will have a problem if you run into a Gallade though.

5. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Use Hurricane, as it has good matchups against most decks you would come across.

Here's the list that I used and went 4-0 in swiss with.

4 Totodile mt
    3 Croconaw mt
    3 Feraligatr mt
    1 Feraligatr δ df

3 Skitty pk
    3 Delcatty pk

2 Magnemite dp
    2 Magneton pk

4 Stantler SW

2 rosanes
    1 Mentor
    3 Cellio’s Network
    3 TV Reporter
    1 Copycat

3 Rare Candy
    3 Windstorm
    1 Night Maintenance
    3 quick ball

10 Water
    3 DRE
    2 Scramble

It worked realy well, and beats G&G, though you might want to tech in a Sableye cg if you think you will see a lot of G&G. If you can find room I would also add 1 more Night Maintenance.

6. Mew

Mew New Member

You only lost one match and you abandon the deck?
    DWD only has to bad matchups, and one isn't nearly played as much as the other. (Blissvire, and Gardylade, both of which you can beat).

7. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

DWD. Gallade/gardy. kingdra swarm

8. psy

psy New Member

Tomorrow is the day. I'm still wondering.

Lately I'm testing alot BanBliss. But it kinda sucks.

Or else I'm wanna use Gallade/Gardy deck. Does it has good matchups against Empoleon variant decks and Infernape variant decks?

9. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Garde/lade is good vs Empoleon simply by vitue of speed. You OHKO their stuff before the damage spread becomes too big a problem in most cases. Bring Down does get somewhat limited though if the match goes on.

Infernape is tougher ironically. Delcatty gives them lots of speed. Gardevoir is good here shutting off powers and Bring Down can sometimes be used to good effect vs the Delcatties.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  10. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

Gardy/Gallade. Hands down the BDIF for City Championships and maybe for the rest of the season.

11. psy

psy New Member

Thanks! Now I have more confident on Gallde/Gardy deck!

12. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

But it looses to Hurricane. lol

13. psy

psy New Member

BDIF is?
    BTW. I won Bergen CC with Gardy/lade!

14. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

BDIF = best deck in format? i dunno