Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which rod catches feebas?

Ive been searching route 119 for feebas and realized i dont know witch rod you are most likely to hook a feebas. Which rod is the best rod to catch feebas? Is the old rod most likely because it can only catch magikarp and (i think) feebas?:confused:

Last edited:
Use the best rod, but feebas only appears in 6 random squares of water for the whole length of route 119. Try catching two pokemon (with the rod, not a pokeball) in every spot and hope to get lucky. Oh, and if you want to change the 6 random squares, change the trendy saying on dewford.

Use the best rod, but feebas only appears in 6 random squares of water for the whole length of route 119. Try catching two pokemon (with the rod, not a pokeball) in every spot and hope to get lucky. Oh, and if you want to change the 6 random squares, change the trendy saying on dewford.

ummm its actually only TWO squares.

No, no, in the official RSE Nintendo Power guidebook and also in the NP FR/LG guidebook it says 6 squares. I know there's supposedly one at the end of the river- concentrate on using your Super Rod in places where the 'current' of the river would be weaker, such as corners and the sides, as well as before rocks; Feebas=feeble, and so it will cut back on a lot of time if you just fish on the sides instead of the middle of the river.

Things I know for sure:
1.Feebas is only on 6 spots in the river.
2. The trendy saying in Dewford effects this.
3. It can be caught(and is propably best caught) with an old rod.

What I'm not 100% sure of
1. A while ago here, there was a similar thread about this that claimed that entering the trendy phrase as "(the starter poke you chose) Ball" made it possible to encounter feebas at any spot on the river.(i.e. mudkip ball) I have never been able to test this myself though, so the validity of it remains a mystery to me. But I suppose it'd be worth a try, at least.

Back