Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Whitewater, WI--santioned modified tournament Nov. 21st at 1:00pm

menoknow

I'll be starting college at UW-Whitewater next week. Since I won't really have any place to play when I'm there, I'm going to look into possibly starting a league there. It would probably be somewhere on campus unless somebody knows of a place not far off campus where I could hold it. I'm not even 100% sure if you can run leagues at a college or where they'd send the league kits too and that.

Basically, I want to know who would possibly come to get some idea of how many people would possibly show. I have no details such as day of the week or time.

So, post here if you could possibly attend a league in Whitewater, WI.
or
if you have any tips, advice, etc for me as far as setting up a league goes.

Last edited:
If I started a league--would you recommend having it on the weekend for something to do or during the week because there'd be more people around? Could possibly do it twice a week too.

Do you know any other Pokemon players at UWW or maybe dont visit this forum?

PokeWisconsin said:
I go to UWW, so most likely. Weekends at UWW are boring because everyone goes home.

League update:
Received approval today and kits have been ordered. Once they are received I will submit league times.

How long does it usually take to receive? I don't expect to get them by this weekend--would be sweet though!

So, league should start the weekend of the 25th at the latest.

League update

Received league kit today

I'm scheduling the first league for Thursday night (9/23/04) at 6pm. If this date and time changes it will be within the next 24 hours. This weekend I'm going home, after that league will be 2 or 3 times a week. On saturday and or sunday and then once during the week. Hope to see some new people come on out.

League will be in the basement of Bigelow Hall at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater. If the league becomes big enough--I will find a better place on campus to hold it.

If you need help on how to find the place--PM me or message me on AIM. My screenname is jwizzle866

A few people i've talked to seem interested but don't have a deck--so if they decide to come i'll lend them one of mine. I'll try to get some flyers up ASAP as well. I think we're the only 3 at whitewater that use this forum though. If anyone else here attends whitewater or is close by--please PM me, I'd love to here from you!

PokeWisconsin said:
Is anyone besides menoknow, Rulemaster, and myself planning on attending? If so, feel free to post.

Thursday...thursday...hmm, not sure what I have planned for thursday yet. we'll have to see about that one. i hope that you have it on weekends or something in the future.

Thursday night is my only open time slot this week. I can change the time if needed. Tonight I have disc golf league. Tomorrow I have class from 6-8pm. Thursday is open after 4pm. Friday I go home around 1pm and wont be back until late sunday. Unless I go home for the weekend, league will be at least 2 times a week, once on the weekend and once during the week. FIrst few weeks we'll see who shows up and what works best for everyone.

Rulemaster said:
Thursday...thursday...hmm, not sure what I have planned for thursday yet. we'll have to see about that one. i hope that you have it on weekends or something in the future.

First league will officially be from 4-6pm

It'll probably just be a few of us--I may or may not ocunt the first one for points. I'll get flyers up and that this week and next and hopefully bring in a lot of people for weekend leagues. I'll be going home this weekend so leagues should be at least 3 weekends a month starting in October and possibly once during the week. We'll see how things play out.

League starts in a little bit. Today's won't be 'official' as in no points or anything. I'll put up flyers and stuff for next weekend and that will mark the official start of league. I will post dates and times later.

If you're on campus or nearby--league will be until 6pm. address is 1018 W. Starin Rd. if you need to use yahoo or mapquest for directions. It's on campus at UW-Whitewater, basement of the dorm bigelow hall. I hope to find a better and more accesible location for league by next weekend. Will take a few weeks to get things running smoothly and how I want probably.

Leagues will run Thursdays from 4-6pm and saturdays from 11am-1pm.

There will be no leagues on the weekends of prereleases, city championships, etc because odds are I'll be at them.

League was fun today. I won a few games and became the Premier Trainer. I'll be there on Saturday after I'm finished watching Pokemon: Advanced Challenge.

Back