Who neads a basic pokemon? (Unlimmited)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Porygon3, Sep 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porygon3

Porygon3 New Member

1 Chancey (base)

4 Mysterous Fossle
    4 Clefary Doll
    4 Fossel Root (like MF but with 40 hp and a cool body)
    4 Fossel Claw (like MF but with 40 hp and a cool body)
    4 Focus Band
    4 Counter Attack Claw
    4 Recycle
    4 Item Finder
    4 Tickle Machine
    4 Inposter Oak
    1 Scoop Up
    2 Engery Charge
    2 Mysterous Plate Alpha
    2 Mysterous Plate Beta
    2 Mysterous Plate Gamma
    2 Mysterous Plate Delta
    2 Trash Excange
    1 Sprout Tower
    1 Brock

4 Mettal Engery

Insainty.

2. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

You do realize that when you draw your hand, there is roughly a 10% chance of getting that Chansey - unless it's in your prizes. If it's in your prizes, what do you do then? You don't have any basics available to you, and your opponent doesn't have to draw 2 cards if they don't want to (they can't deck themselves before the game starts), so I suppose you'd have to forfeit the game.

In short, _please_ tell me this is only meant to be a joke deck.

3. Porygon3

Porygon3 New Member

Umm.. no, you have to keep Mulaganing untill you have Chancey as all the other pokemon are trainer cards. Yeah, they would stop drawing 2 (or 1 card for the newfangled rulls) after a point, and I would assume if they go first, would probley play what they wanted and Elm. But if I go first, I'm gonna tickle machine / inposter them if they have a giant hand. Or just stall... thats what the deck does.

--sighs--

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Since Metal Chansey sadly doesn't work anymore, change the Energies to Double Colorless.

5. Fantasy Fox

Fantasy Fox New Member

What do you mean by that?
    When you draw your hand without a basic Pokemon, you shuffle your hand and your prizes back in the deck. So, its impossible for your opponent to forfeit you at the start of the game.

- 1 Counter Attack Claw
    - 1 Tickle Machine
    - 4 Metal

+ 1 Chansey
    + 1 Scoop Up
    + 4 Double Colorless Energy

Maybe you should play some Healing Fields, Energy Removal and Super Energy Removal. Then your opponent must have a really hard time to fight back.

I know the thing that would definitely ruin your deck, Cleffa !!!

6. Dek

Dek New Member

OMG, IT MAKES SENSE!!!

The more times you Mulligan, the more cards your opponent has to draw. This MIGHT (and thats a big MIGHT) result in your opponenet drawing all of his/her cards until he/she has no more and, therefore, Porygon3 would win the match (I dont know if that's the correct ruling, but it does say if your opponent runs out of cards in his/her deck, you win)

editing in one last thing though Fantasy Fox DOES have a point

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  7. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

"What do you mean by that?
    When you draw your hand without a basic Pokemon, you shuffle your hand and your prizes back in the deck. So, its impossible for your opponent to forfeit you at the start of the game."

Actually, you draw your hand first then resolve mulligans, then place prizes.

8. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Well actually, it's a choice of if you mulligan. I mean, I wouldn't be dumb enough to draw my last 2/1 cards and instantly lose the game X_X! However, it does leave the opponent a slight advantage this way.

Also, you do your hand THEN the prizes, so there's no way it can be in your prizes.

Now onto my deck fix. I believe you should put in SOME energy, and be able to use those Plates, on the fossils/dolls. I know you have Double Colourless Energies, but they'd be a waste on the trainers.

9. Dek

Dek New Member

ugh! I thought your opponent HAD to draw 2 cards...
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!

10. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Can you maybe stop with all the "Noooo!"s? I undestand you're expressing a point...but you've like..said it twice now >_<!

11. Porygon3

Porygon3 New Member

I'm not going for the "mettal" chancy thing (although rember in unlimmited, we dont really have to use the reverse rulling for mettal do we? heh) At anyrate- Cleffa is one thing I forgot about (how dare me!!) But, I suppose Chancey could wack it with double edge, and if it gets koed, well - the mystery plates then get stronger... the idea of course if you see a cleffa is to have chancey out all the time and let it get knocked out 5 times so all the plates become effective, then you can attack with the plates from the trainer pokemon. also Dark Vileplum would shut this down, its ment to be a fun deck that can be tourment worthy. Now I wait for Sandstorm so I can make it.

12. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Okay, I knew that you opponent drawing cards was an optional thing, but I didn't know that you had to shuffle your prizes in. It doesn't often happen where I play - our decks usually don't have that problem, so I hadn't thought of that.

The interesting thing about this deck (if I remember the cards right), is your opponent can never win by drawing all of their prizes. The Clefairy Doll doesn't allow your opponent to draw a prize when they knock it out, and I'd assume the Fossils would be the same (though I've not seen them, to be honest). Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong on this one, like I was with the mulligan prizes (I know you will anyways).

13. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Gurardian, you don't shuffle the cards back into your deck. This process happens BEFORE you place the prizes, meaning you have nothing to shuffle back in :-D

Also, yea you can't lose by losing all your prizes. BUT you do lose by having nothing to replace your active with. Which will become easy with 10HP pokemon.

14. dkates

dkates New Member

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it now -- WIERD! The only drawback is that if your bench is all CDs and MFs, and you lose your Active to a Selfdestruct-style attack (although, granted, you won't see many of those) you just lost the game, because you also lost your whole bench.

15. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Who needs a basic Pokemon? You need a basic Pokemon! Get some more in there, it would suck to get 5-10 mulligans in a row...

16. dkates

dkates New Member

Not in this case, it wouldn't! Especially if your opponent is gullible/greedy enough to draw 2 on each Mulligan -- you just got a lot of help stalling him out! Normally, though, I'd agree with the Captain on that one.

17. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Captain, mulligans are the main point of this deck. This will cause the opponent to draw too many cards and stall him out.

18. dkates

dkates New Member

Considering you have 4 Mysterious Fossils in the deck already, consider putting in 2 Aerodactyl. Yes, it gives you more "real" Pokemon, but it short-circuits Slowking, Wigglytuff and Clefable if you get it out quickly enough. The 60 HP thing can be a drag, though, so think carefully about this one.

19. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

They don't have to draw for mulligans. You would need a really gullible opponent for that to work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.