Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Whos going to San Diego Sand Storm Prerelease Tournament?

*raises hand*

...actually, I'll be part of the judge staff again. But both my sons should be there, along with several kids and adults from my league...

'mom

I should be there. Everything is all set up for me to go, the only thing that might stop me being school. (Which starts a few days before, although I'd doubt I've been given THAT much stuff to do injust 3 days).

So yeah, should be there. I'll be wearing "The Hat" again, with a few changes. :)

Saturday, September 6
Holiday Inn Mission Valley Stadium
3805 Murphy Canyon Road
San Diego, CA 92183
858 278-9300
Hotel is right off I-15 and Aero Drive (north of I-8)

Registration begins at 1 pm; tourney starts at 2 pm

$20 registration fee

'mom

Hmm... I wonder how many people from san diego actually come here.... I mean... we havent gotten a lot of replies.... Anyway.. as for the side events.. were there any last time?depends on how many people attend i guess...

A fair amount of people from that general area are on these forums.

And this topic was only posted yesterday, you can't expect a whole lot of posts in only a little over 24 hours.

Mesa will be going unless there is some big report assigned for high school, though I doubt it.

A few questions for PokéMom or any other judge, such as Chrisbo:

How come the tournament is starting later in the day?

How many rounds will there be?

What is the pre-release card?

How long do you think the main tournament will last?

Do we buy six packs to make a 40-card deck again, or are we doing something different?

Will there be some sort of break?

Do you have any insider info on the Sandstorm set besides the 108 cards? For example, what are the extra 50 something cards? Did Nintendo add some extras in or make non-holo versions?

Will there be the TV and Gameboy player again for battling on Gameboy?

Are there any outlets for laptops (don't recall seing any)?

writen by dark rep13
"I'll be there. My goal this time will to beat down Abraham Jimenez again as i always do"
if you can't even beat a Venusaur deck with a Charizard deck how do you expect to beat me.

MetaGrossEX said:
writen by dark rep13
"I'll be there. My goal this time will to beat down Abraham Jimenez again as i always do"
if you can't even beat a Venusaur deck with a Charizard deck how do you expect to beat me.

I'll beat you the way did at the RS Challenge.

Quote:
originally posted by SaNdy-MaN
"Dude,theres no gameboys this time,so i don't know if you can back that up".
Yes your right without his 500+ hour Ruby hes nothing also theres a new set we have to play with.

Last edited:
Back