Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why do people roll with quick balls?

Dragonblood21

Well, I just started playing not too long ago, a couple weeks I would say. I've gone through a couple cards and assembled what I feel to be a decent deck, but I can't understand why people include quick balls into their decks over other balls. I would personally rather have a pokeball that has a 50% chance of drawing any pokemon rather than whatever pokemon I draw first. Or even a masterball/duskball that will more than likely give me some variety of pokemon to choose from. Is there something I am missing about a quickball that makes it so useful?

Quick ball is the only thing that you listed that is pretty much guaranteed to work all the time (unless you have no pokemon in your deck (in which case none of the balls will work)) Also, you can increase your chances of getting the right pokemon by thinning the other pokemon out of your deck.

Quickball is great in T2 decks. When your goal is to get set up as fast as possible. You get your basics out fast, and quickball then guarantees the evolved form. They don't fit in all decks though.

Well, I just started playing not too long ago, a couple weeks I would say. I've gone through a couple cards and assembled what I feel to be a decent deck, but I can't understand why people include quick balls into their decks over other balls. I would personally rather have a pokeball that has a 50% chance of drawing any pokemon rather than whatever pokemon I draw first. Or even a masterball/duskball that will more than likely give me some variety of pokemon to choose from. Is there something I am missing about a quickball that makes it so useful?

It's all on person preference.

See, people usually use quickball when any pokemon in their deck could help them. Thunk about it this way. You need a Claydol, Weedill, Beedrill and maybe other pokemon could help. Use Quickball. Late game, there's not so many Pokemon left. Quickball has a high chance of getting what you need.

Quick ball is a 100% chance of getting a pokemon. Master ball I know is played a lot in my area. Pokeball just fails more. Dusk ball is just not a good idea to use in with claydol unless you are already maxed out on master and quick ball because your putting a cards on the bottom of your deck that you don't want so that you push the cards that you do want on the top of your deck.

Well for starters, we don't have Master Ball next format. :/

It really DOES depend on what deck you're playing. Decks such as Blissey (nothing else, think of Fall Battle Roads) loved Quick Ball 'cause... EVERYTHING you could get would help, and you ran so few pokemon that Master Ball would fail more often then not. Think about it, if you're running only one line of pokemon, and it's a stage 1 line, you can just run enough basic search to force Quick Ball to always find evolutions. That sounds fairly useful.

It's not as good as Great or Master in my opinion, 'cause I always have such unfortunate shuffling that the pokemon I needed turns earlier come with my later Quick Balls, and my first ones always seem to pull Evolutions when I don't have the basic yet. :/

Well for starters, we don't have Master Ball next format. /

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure Master Ball was reprinted in Great Encounters, and Great Ball stands a good chance to be reprinted since it was just reprinted in the newest Japanese set.

I think Master Ball will probably be reprinted sometime, considering it has been there since Gym Challenge, which was, what, 8 years ago?

As for Quick Ball, it is very good in a deck that runs close to no Pokemon. For States, I ran Speed Empoleon DP, which only had 6 basic Pokemon, and Quick Ball worked very well. In a deck with more Pokemon, let's say PLox, Quick Ball doesn't work so well.

I think Master Ball will probably be reprinted sometime, considering it has been there since Gym Challenge, which was, what, 8 years ago?

As for Quick Ball, it is very good in a deck that runs close to no Pokemon. For States, I ran Speed Empoleon DP, which only had 6 basic Pokemon, and Quick Ball worked very well. In a deck with more Pokemon, let's say PLox, Quick Ball doesn't work so well.

Actually I doubt it will be reprinted. We will have a new better trainer, Pokeradar. I would use that over Master ball any day.

Back