Will it be a viable deck?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by bonslypwns, Apr 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Sceptile Leafeon, do you think it's good?

Pokemon: 23
    3-2-3 Sceptile
    4-2-2-1-2 (4 Eevee, 2 Leafeon, 2 Leafeon Lv.X, 1 Umbreon, 2 Espeon)
    2-2 Claydol
    That work?

2. Umbreon777

Umbreon777 New Member

Crowded. But yes, I believe with a more focused pokemon line, this deck could work.

Try:

4-2-2-1-1 Eevees (the same order as yours)
    2-1-2 Sceptile
    2-2 Claydol
    2 Phione or something

Leaves you room for 2 more cards.

3. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

May want to have Mew* to aid in the Mortar match-up, since it's a rather versatile water basic.

4. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

the question is. who is your big hitter? seems like a lot of set up for a bunch of attackers who cant ohko (or even 2hko) other popular pokemon

5. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

Leafeon LvX. It's attack OHKO's anything assuming you have set up properly.

6. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

If you have 2 Grass Energy in your hand, you add 40 damage to Leafeon Lv.X's attack... and with Sceptile set up, it has a base of 70 for 2 Energy... and you'll probally have 3 or 4 Energy by T3 if you set up properly. That means base of 90 or 110 starting T3! By T4, it can be doing 150 damage... that's amazing. And, only 2 Energy needs to be attached to him at a time, because it works for every Pokemon in play. Scramble adds 30. It WILL be pretty good when it comes out, only thing to watch out for is Infernape and Magmortar really.

7. Mew

Mew New Member

It is definately a viable deck. But it will have zero matchups that are greater than 50-50 imo.
    Like eeveelutions for example. They can tech a flareon, and just run through one of your pokes.
    Magmortar will still be around. There will be techs to counter Glaceon/Umbreon.
    And Gardy is still going to be top tier (maybe).
    Also, there is the new Infernape coming out.

8. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

realistically you can only have two leafon lvl x, which means two attackers for a whole deck
    GG will do what GG does, which is a lot of psychic lock which will slow this deck down alot. i also expect will the new set having a lot of interesting pokebodies that we will see latilock teched into more GG decks, which would also make hash of eeveelutions.
    sceptile still only has 100hp and is still vulnerable to sniping
    if leafeon lvl x is your attacker that most likely means he will your active at the end of your turn, which will make the deck very susceptible to omastar md or to a gallade scramble ohko counterattack.

dont get me wrong, i think eeveelutions will be a decent deck with a lot of possible combinations but unless glaceon lvl x is the focus i dont see it competing with the big boys

9. Aggy&Co.

Aggy&Co. Member

for infernape and mortar you can tech a Glaceon and Glaceon LvX. Glaceon will destroy both of them.
    Leafeon is quick and can hit hard with Sceptile but Sceptile will be slow, I think their will be better combo's than Sceptile once everybody starts looking around. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens though.
    MD should change some things.
    Leafeon and Glaceon are a viable deck on their own.

10. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

I don't see it being any good, it just folds to magmortar, which is a matchup that should be covered for any deck to be good. Even if you do play umbreon, they just 2hko the leafeons and then you basically have a deck weak to everything in Mag.

11. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I think this is a very viable deck seeing that Mag is all but gone, i only know very few people who play it. I think it will work out very well, apparently it still is/was the big metagame in Japan, or at least that's what i heard