Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Will Nationals U.S.A ever be held in California?

As much as I would like it to, I doubt that it would.

Worlds is the one that seems to move and I don't have a problem with that (well, just that I couldn't make it to Hawaii the other year lol).

No, They would never put Nats on the east coast or West coast mainly because they want as many people to come as possible and if they put it in Cal. it wouldnt be easy for New York Player to get there. The only reason its in ST. Louis is because its in the middle of the US

I hope so, it will be a good place to visit. I hope it comes down to San Diego.

Nationals are held in different places every year (I think).

yep if it came down to Cairornia! but I don't think it moves every year...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

As much as I would like it to, I doubt that it would.

Worlds is the one that seems to move and I don't have a problem with that (well, just that I couldn't make it to Hawaii the other year lol).

Yeah it would have been fun Hawaii! lol!

Last edited:
Nats has been played in the same location for every year except this year when it was moved to Missouri. I doubt they'll move it again unless there's a problem at the America's Center this year or in the future.

No, They would never put Nats on the east coast or West coast mainly because they want as many people to come as possible and if they put it in Cal. it wouldnt be easy for New York Player to get there. The only reason its in ST. Louis is because its in the middle of the US

And they moved it from Ohio because they problems there...

No, it is going to always be somewhere in the middle of the USA. Worlds has been in CA now 3 times. I think you don't need Nats as well.

Drew

In my opinion, it makes sense for Nationals to stay in the midwest for the most part. Maybe not St. Louis every year, but bounce around between Minneapolis, St. Louis, Ohio, etc.

Good thread though.

Isn't California hosting Worlds again this year?

They think of Nationals as "central" aka Columbus and St. Louis.

California isn't central although it is considered a vacation spot.

If you're looking for somewhere centralized, with a large player base, and adequate transportation routes, here's a list that I can think of just off the top of my head...

Chicago
Milwaukee
St. Louis
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Oklahoma

Minny is probably too far north for most drivers, ditto for most of Texas in the south.

I think it should rotate from large player base to large player base each year, regardless of geographic centricity. (Is that a real word?)

If you're looking for somewhere centralized, with a large player base, and adequate transportation routes, here's a list that I can think of just off the top of my head...

Chicago
Milwaukee
St. Louis
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Oklahoma

Minny is probably too far north for most drivers, ditto for most of Texas in the south.

Have you been to Oklahoma? There isn't anything there worth seeing. It's just... Oklahoma.

Have you been to Oklahoma? There isn't anything there worth seeing. It's just... Oklahoma.

My mom said basically the same thing about St. Louis, and that it's one of the worst cities she's ever been to. That's why I'm not going to nats :mad:.

Worlds in in California this year :/
Nationals was at Origins, but now it's not it is in Saint Louis.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

Seriously folks, I doubt Nats will be in Cali ever. I recall back when Nintendo 1st took over and we had 3 Regionals and Nats. I was told that Nats in Ohio was basically the "midwest's Reg's", since the winners of the East, South and West Reg's rec'd travel awards to Worlds. Again, this was 2003.

Now, Worlds has been rotated between travel hotspots like FL and CA, with HA sprinkled in a few yrs ago. Worlds is now on its 3rd visit to CA. US Nats is supposed to be the USA's big Poke-Party and celebration. IMO, POP will keep this in a central location to allow as many folks as possible to get there, esp. if it can be via driving. It will stay in the Midwest in the future IMO.

Keith

I think that bridge has been thoroughly burned.

While there are aspects of Origins I will miss (vendor hall, my favorite game designers and publishers), there is a lot more I won't ($50+ entry, unbathed LARPers, creepy goth/BDSM people).

I think breaking off from Origins is an overall plus from the Pokemon angle.

I wouldn't mind nats taking a visit to Baltimore or D.C. Either city would be a great location from a travel view point, and for some exploration after the tourney. :)

CA gets worlds about every other year. Give the rest of us a chance. :p

No, it is going to always be somewhere in the middle of the USA. Worlds has been in CA now 3 times. I think you don't need Nats as well.

Drew

Cali gets everything; even most of the conventions I want to go are in Cali. And it does host Worlds more often than not. This only further supports the placement of Nationals somewhere along the east coast. :tongue:

Dislcaimer: Writer of this post is a resident of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area at the time of this publication.

Back