Will the Bird Trio Change the Game?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SuperWooper, Apr 2, 2004.

1. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

In EX: Hidden Legends, the next set, the three legendary birds, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos, will be released in EX form. So far I have been unable to locate a translation for any, but I have seen the scan of Articuno EX. The cards will certainly be good for collectors, but will they be good in the modified format, and what change will they bring?

As most of us know, most EXs have been rereleases of old cards. Kingdra EX has Revelation Kingdra's Genetic Memory attack. Magcargo EX has Revelation Cargo's second attack in its second attack. Amphy EX has Dark Ampharos's power and Revelation Amphy's attack. Muk EX has fossil Muk's power. Sneasel EX, Hitmonchan EX, Electabuzz EX, Magmar EX, and Mewtwo EX, are beefed up versions (in some cases, certainly not Sneasel's....waaaaaahhhhh) of their previous unlimited buddies.

Will the birds be like this???

Let's review for a minute: There has been one good version, IMNSHO, of every legendary bird released. The Wizards Promo Articuno had a power that stopped the bench from being hurt by attacks. Articuno EX, looking at the scan, has a poke-power or poke-body. This could be the translation, and if it is, it's VERY GOOD NEWS for people not playing Blaziken EX. And instant solution to Blaziken EX's bench damaging brokenness, as some of you would call it.

Rocket's Zapdos was arguabley one of the best Haymaker pokemon is existance. It could do massive damage early game, 70 to be exact, and its supporting attack helped power it up even more quickly. It damaged itself massively, however, but its speed and swarmability made up for its tendancy to die fast. This card would be GREAT if it were reprinted as its older version.

Fossil Moltres had an attack that reeeeeally destroyed the opponent's deck. For every fire energy discarded from it, you could discard the top card of the opponent's deck. With Blaziken powering it up and some form of bench protection, Moltres could bring stall decks back into the running, since they've been gone ever since Legendary Collection was rotated out, along with Base Alakazam's reprint in that set. Moltres could potientially give most decks, especially ones that rip through their decks quickly, a big-time run for their money.

There is a chance that this will happen, since as mentioned before, many EXs are reprints of their former versions. Look out for these beasts when they're released on June 14th of this year. I'm sure that whatever their translation, some will make a splash into competition.

Wooper

2. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

I just want Zapdos EX to be like R's Zap and I'm good.

3. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

No such "luck", somebody posted a link to a scan and all three birds have powers and a single multi-energy attack.

4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Since this really isn't news, let's move it to a more appropriate forum.

5. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

I thought Hidden Legends was going to consist of cards from the Japanese ADV4 plus the Metagross half-deck? (99 unique cards total)

I thought the Legendary Birds would be part of the next set after HL...

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Oh.....crap.

heh, Could I see the scans? I've only seen the one of Articuno EX.

7. RainbowRichards

8. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Thanx, Brian. I wonder what those two trainer cards are?

9. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

10. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

The Zapdos in the above link really resembles Rocket's Zappy. Hopefully its power isn't the restricting, "can't attach lightning from hand" power. I hate Skyridge.

XP

Wooper

11. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

You would be correct in thinking that, pending some sort of surprise by Nintendo, EX: Hidden Legends will not include the Legendary Birds. The only Pokémon-ex in the upcoming set are:

Regirock ex
    Registeel ex
    Regice ex
    Metagross ex
    Vileplume ex
    Ninetales ex
    Kyogre ex
    Groudon ex
    Wigglytuff ex

The set afterwards however, which we'll supposedly get in September, I'm pretty sure is based off of Fire Red/Leaf Green, and will contain the following Pokémon-ex:

Blastoise ex
    Charizard ex
    Venusaur ex
    Articuno ex (2 versions?)
    Zapdos ex (2 versions?)
    Moltres ex (2 versions?)
    Mew ex
    Celebi ex
    (and possibly others...)

12. RainbowRichards

and Gengar ex!

13. OHB

OHB Member

any thoughts in the ______'s mew, ______'s celebi and ____'s jirachi going to be? im hoping the next set but doesn't fit to their theme but so didn't the meiji chocolate promes in the TATM set

14. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

REALLY? There will be a GENGAR EX OMG, genger is my favourite pokemon. Plz tell me what it does and the gastly and haunters. I hope this is true!!! I saw boost energy as a promo in the above link so I think boost energy will be reprinted and won't get rotated out, yes!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004