Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'PTCGO' started by PeinoftheWorld, Dec 7, 2013.

1. PeinoftheWorld

PeinoftheWorld New Member

I have installed PTGO and it loads for like 5 min then goes to the daily cards then when it goes to the introduction it crashes every damn time. can someone point out whats happening? :frown:

2. ticka222

ticka222 New Member

3. PeinoftheWorld

How do i change my Nvidia settings?

4. PeinoftheWorld

ANYONE? Anyone even reading this?

5. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

have you asked your question on the PTGO forums?

6. ticka222

ticka222 New Member

- Open the Control Panel.
    - Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)
    - Open the section to "manage 3D settings"
    - At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.
    - At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"
    - "Apply" at the right bottom

it was all in the thread i linked you -_-

7. PeinoftheWorld

what if you dont have NVidia? like how do i find out what graphics I have?

8. ticka222

ticka222 New Member

control panel>system>hardware>device manager>display adapters

9. PeinoftheWorld

Intell HD graphics 4000

10. pokemonguyaap

pokemonguyaap New Member

This is my Graphics card.

11. M_Liesik

M_Liesik Master Trainer<br><font color=green><i>Keeper of t

From the Pokemon TCG Online forums:

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 is one of the cards that is having driver issues. I recommend you reach out to Intel's support team and ask them for assistance.

12. PeinoftheWorld

so theres nothing i can do?

13. M_Liesik

M_Liesik Master Trainer<br><font color=green><i>Keeper of t

The more people Intel hears from on this issue, the more likely they are to prioritize a fix.

14. King Piplup

King Piplup Active Member

On the Intel HD 4000, is this issue unique to Windows 8.1 or potentially present on OSX as well? I've always had "interesting" results with my laptop (MacBook Pro early 2013) trying to run TCGO, wondering if this possibly could be to blame?

15. Klefosky

Klefosky New Member

Hi all, I have the Intel HD Graphics display adapter on Windows 8.1. I have been having crashing issues, nearly every game. Based on some of the advice above, I have been able to at least get 3 games without any crashes. I will still do some more testing to see if its due the system changes, time difference, or in-game behavior.

Background:
    The crash I get is almost always while in-game, typically when I play (or move) a card onto my active Pokemon. It seemed to me that the issue was occurring in conjunction with the tool-tip box appearing on the right side of the active Pokemon when your mouse hovers over it.

Either way, I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version, then started up the game client after restarting the computer. I still encountered the crash almost every game.

Solution (needs more testing):
    I changed my 3D settings via the Intel Graphics control panel (default shortcut: Alt + Ctrl + F12) by using the shortcut, then clicking the 3D menu, then clicking the custom settings link, I changed the following settings:
    Anti-aliasing - Turn Off Anti-Aliasing
    Anisotropic Filtering - 2x
    Vertical Sync - Driver Settings

Rationale:
    My reasoning was that there was some issue between the game client and the drivers, so I wanted to avoid any options that required the game client and drivers to communicate with each other; thus, I changed all the defaults from "Application Settings" to something else.

Possible variables obfuscating results:
    I was having issues in the evening when more players were on, but didn't institute my fixes until closer to midnight PDT, so server load could have some effect.

I was also avoiding hovering over my active Pokemon during/after playing or moving a card on it so that the tool-tip would not come up. Avoiding this specific behavior could have also affected the results.

Anyway, hope this helps.

16. spider876

spider876 New Member

ik i'm not suppose to give links so ill give u a name

u can fix many Intel driver errors with iobit driver booster