Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WINNERS of the Custom Avatar Contest!

secretsof2113

Trader Feedback Mod
Results of the PokéGym Staff Awards for New Custom Avatars are as follows!

Best New Avatar Category - counting votes by all PokeGym Staff
Naki Feralkin #1
jkwarrior #2

Best New TCG Related Avatar - counting votes by PokeGym Senior Staff
JandPDS + Pokemon No Baka #1 + #1 (since these two had very similar avatars, they will be getting two dice between them.)
Elite Riku #2

These are the folks that were nominated!

BEST toxictaipan
BEST simba
BEST Naki Feralkin
BEST jkwarrior
BEST Kabutops141
BEST pikamaster
BEST TCG LifeVirus7
BEST TCG JandPDS/Pokemon No Baka
BEST TCG Elite Riku
BEST TCG Lozabr

All #1 & #2 winners receive 2 PokéGym Dice! Winners should put their address under Control Panel Options and indicate "Recent Contest Winner" as the address type. Dice will be mailed by the end of the month. If you prefer to take delivery at worlds PM bulbasnore.

As a bonus, this is not going to be the last contest of this year, or the last custom avatar day! Congrats to all the winners!

=/

congrats.... I personally don't really like the pikachu/mew ones, but hey, I respect the choices of the people who judged them on their criteria of the contest. Oh well, the winners are still pretty cool.

Congratulations guys!

Since the first post doesn't have the pictures embedded in it or links to them, decided to save you guys time by making links to them because I wanted to look at them all and I'm sure many other do too.

Best New Avatar Category - counting votes by all PokeGym Staff
Naki Feralkin #1
jkwarrior #2

Best New TCG Related Avatar - counting votes by PokeGym Senior Staff
JandPDS + Pokemon No Baka #1 + #1 (since these two had very similar avatars, they will be getting two dice between them.)
Elite Riku #2

These are the folks that were nominated!

BEST toxictaipan
BEST simba
BEST Naki Feralkin
BEST jkwarrior
BEST Kabutops141
BEST pikamaster
BEST TCG LifeVirus7
BEST TCG JandPDS/Pokemon No Baka
BEST TCG Elite Riku
BEST TCG Lozabr

Yay. I was nominated. But that means nothing, right? Oh, don't give credit to me for the animating, That was DrMario. I did the drawing though.

Last edited:
Congrats people, I love the sheer ammount of own fantastic avatars on the forum.

I do, too. There are some funny ones, huh? ones, beautiful ones. Looking fwd to the next Av Day this fall. Also, we will bring on some more and better organized Pokemon sprites, including items from the video games.

Well, I kind of see where vaporeon is coming from. Vaporeon probably spent a great deal of time drawing/preparing that and then putting together the animation. I don't know how that stuff works, so I don't know for sure, but it seems like that would take a lot of time and effort. And then to see someone else win with an image that was taken off of the internet and cropped and resized in about 2 minutes? If I had done all of that work, that would probably annoy me too. It looks fantastic by the way, vaporeon.

Well, I kind of see where vaporeon is coming from. Vaporeon probably spent a great deal of time drawing/preparing that and then putting together the animation. I don't know how that stuff works, so I don't know for sure, but it seems like that would take a lot of time and effort. And then to see someone else win with an image that was taken off of the internet and cropped and resized in about 2 minutes? If I had done all of that work, that would probably annoy me too. It looks fantastic by the way, vaporeon.

Vaporeon also did the art for mine, so I feel the same way. Instead of just taking one of the net, try making one your self, or get someone else to help. That way you can get one that really fits you SN and is different from anything else out there.

I made my avatar from scratch too. I know how it can feel to spend a lot of time on your art and see people just throw something up and get more fame for it. But, you just have to accept that those things will happen. I feel good that I made my avatar from scratch, and that is enough for me.

It would be nice to see some kind of art contest. But I think limiting the next avatar day to just art made by the poster would be too limiting to all those people that aren't artistic.

Back