Winter Regional Championships: Salem OR, January 19-20, 2013 (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by Big Daddy Snorlax, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

Pokemon TCG and VG Winter Regional Championships
    January 19 and 20, 2013
    Columbia Hall
    Oregon State Fair and Exposition Center
    2330 17th Street NE
    Salem, OR 97301​

TRADING CARD GAME REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS INFORMATION
    Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center – Columbia Hall, 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Saturday, January 19th, 2013 (Top 16 play off on Sunday, January 20th)

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:15 AM). Player meeting begins at 9:30 AM. The main tournament Swiss rounds will last 6 to 7 hours on Saturday. If attendance warrants a top 32 that round will be played on Saturday. The top 16 in each age division report back on Sunday the 20th at 8:45 AM and will play their top cut rounds while the VG Regional Championships get started.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later)/Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001)/Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from Black & White or later as well as Black Star Promos BW01 and higher, McDonalds Promo Collection cards and Black & White Trainer Kit cards) Note: A limited amount of loaner decks are available for new players who want to participate but may not have a legal deck to use.

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round) - Top Cut Finals is single elimination two out of three match play with a 75 minute time limit.

Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail bds@pokegym.net

VIDEO GAME REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS INFORMATION
    Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center – Columbia Hall, 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Sunday, January 20th, 2013

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:15 AM). Player meeting begins at 9:30 AM. The tournament will be Swiss rounds with a top cut limited to 8 players if attendance warrants. The Swiss rounds and will last 4 to 6 hours depending on attendance. Top cut rounds will follow Swiss play and will be single elimination best 2 out of 3 matches.

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later)/Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001)/Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)

Format: The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2013 season will use the following restrictions:

• Only Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
    • Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–649, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution.
    • The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
    • 150 – Mewtwo
    • 151 – Mew
    • 249 – Lugia
    • 250 – Ho‐Oh
    • 251 – Celebi
    • 382 – Kyogre
    • 383 – Groudon
    • 384 – Rayquaza
    • 385 – Jirachi
    • 386 – Deoxys
    • 441 – Chatot
    • 483 – Dialga
    • 484 – Palkia
    • 487 – Giratina
    • 489 – Phione
    • 490 – Manaphy
    • 491 – Darkrai
    • 492 – Shaymin
    • 493 – Arceus
    • 494 – Victini
    • 643 – Reshiram
    • 644 – Zekrom
    • 646 – Kyurem
    • 647 – Keldeo
    • 648 – Meloetta
    • 649 – Genesect
    • Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
    • Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto‐leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
    • Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
    • Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
    • Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
    • The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
    Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail bds@pokegym.net

Side Events and Activities:
    Hotel Information:
    BDS

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. psychup2034

psychup2034 New Member

Hey BDS, I may be coming in to play in the Northwest from New York, since I'm pretty sure the Northeast doesn't have a Regionals in the winter. Are there any block rates for hotels in the area? Are there any good hotel deals that could save me some money? I called into the Monaco International and put down a reservation for now, but I was hoping to find something a little cheaper.

Thanks!

3. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

Is this in a different location this year? The location name seems different, but maybe I'm crazy. Well, I KNOW I'm crazy, but...

4. ProfessorJacob7

ProfessorJacob7 New Member

It's normally in the fair grounds jackman long building iirc, so yeah it's a different location.

5. Big Daddy Snorlax

I'll be setting up a Pokemon rate at the Shilo Inn which is one of the closest hotels to the fairgrounds. It may be a few weeks before that is in place though.

BDS

6. Big Daddy Snorlax

Our normal location is booked in January for a home show, so yes, this is a new venue. The pavilion has the same amount of floor space, but it is a sporting arena/concert venue so it also has a couple thousand seats located around the floor. We'll see if we can make Pokemon a spectator sport!

BDS

7. ATJdragon

ATJdragon New Member

That would be great, thank you!

8. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

So when will Western Canada regionals be held next year?

9. ATJdragon

ATJdragon New Member

To my understanding April 13-14, 2013. Venue TBD

10. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid New Member

Most likely will come up. Wish it was in Fall/Spring tho :( Weather isn't the greatest in the winter.

11. r3skyline

r3skyline New Member

oh darn, not going to be here. will be in afghanistan. well, as long as there is still one in october, i can still play at one.

12. CardKaptor

CardKaptor New Member

I'll be there. Super excited!

13. Benzo

Benzo Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator

The Pavilion Bldg. is nice, and it does have a nice venue option as the Jack-Long Bldg. No "up close" parking like the JL Bldg., but the seats around the floor space will be great to have for the spectator's and lunch time.

Also asking if the VGC is on day 2 like last time. If so, I will add the info into the VG Regionals area on this site.

14. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

BDS and team following the great tradition of always great events!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ATJdragon

ATJdragon New Member

with worlds in vancouver, i have no doubt thisll be the biggest regionals of them all!

16. pokeMATHter

pokeMATHter Active Member

Do we know anything about the VGC format? Will in be Black2/White2 game cartridges exclusively or will Black/White cartridges be allowed? In other words, how much VG playing do I have to do in the next few months?

17. FirestormXVI

FirestormXVI New Member

Black 2 / White 2 cartridges exclusively is the answer I received a few months ago. Makes sense because Black and White cannot see Therian formes making for a somewhat confusing visual experience (especially on TVs at Nationals). They haven't released anything else about the ruleset however.

18. momma_june

momma_june New Member

Uhhhmmmm... You can play all you want up until the event!
    I imagine that we'll keep ya pretty busy during the weekend :thumb:

19. LibertyFigter

LibertyFigter New Member

Awesome. To get this rate do we have to have a certain code or anything? Or should we just call in and explain? Thanks!

20. Bidier

Bidier New Member

heard all the hotel near by are fully booked :(