Wizpog about to close?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Pidgeotto Trainer, Sep 30, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

The wizards.com/pokemon site does not exist as far as I can see. You now get a thank you notice to Pokemon players and links to other games. The old Pokegym is still there but I don't expect it to be for too much longer. I've just spent over an hour retrieving every last thing I could think of from good old wizpog. You may want to take this possibly last chance if there is something you would like saved. Also, today is September 30th, the day that the Pokemon DCI rankings are supposed to be taken down. In the DCI area there is no longer a Pokemon option to click on. (like Magic, MLB showdown) However I entered my DCI number for MLB and it still had my Pokemon stats with it. From there I could look at all the rankings connected to me. Even if you didn't play another DCI game you may be able to put in your DCI # and still see those Pokemon stats one more time if you would like to remember them. ;)
    Hope this helps :)

2. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

If I remember correctly the entire old Wizards.COMmunity boards are on read-only for reference for six months since the boards other than WizPog was locked. So I am guessing by December is when we should see the end. SO if there is anything you need from the old boards to keep looking at (say the original One-sentence add on for example) I suggest you archiving it now.

Here is the status of the other parts of Wizards Pokemon on the site:

Pokemon TCG Home Page (wizards.com/pokemon): Redirected to a final farewell and see other great products links page.
    DCI records for Pokemon: Still existant but only through your DCI number. Better get this quickly before these records are gone.
    The Vault: Pokemon is not here. Probably because the game is still being made by Nintendo now and the new site is existant.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  3. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Sadly, there seem to be indexing errors showing up on the old board: ALL of the Legendary Posts and Worlds 2002 forum posts have been replaced by the "blank, 1920" error message :( . Do any of the admins still have powers, to re-index the forums so they're readable again? :(

'mom

4. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Well crap, I knew I should have copied the spoilers in the League section. Oh well, at least Pokeschool has them.

5. SD PokeMom

Tourneys and League Play was fine, the last time I looked; it was just Legendary Posts and Worlds that were problematic...

'mom

6. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

FWIW, I am pretty sure I downloaded all the Reference documents from the Wizards site. Email me if you want me to send you any of them.

7. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Actually, when I used my bookmark to get to the spoilers, I got the Thank You site as well.

8. SD PokeMom

9. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yeah? Did you find any of sensei's articles? He was trying to find them but they weren't linked in the most recent list, even though they were still on the site if you knew the right url.

10. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

phew... I tried that link a couple of days ago and it didn't work... Now If only I could remember what it was I was specifically after a couple of days ago LOL!

this worked to get to the dci tournament pages for pokemon...
    http://webapp.wizards.com/DCIRanking/Default.asp?game=pk

I've remembered.. someone Orange Soda maybe, posted how to get a MyNintendo account without having to supply an international address. Its probale that Nintendo have closed that particular loop hole but I was going to give it a try and see what this deckbuilder is like.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  11. Tego

Tego New Member

Thanks for all the links, everyone. I'll miss Wizpog so much. I don't want it to be erased, it should be view-only forever! It's like never being able to visit your hometown again after moving from it. Oh, I guess I'm just talking nonsense now.

Rest in peace, 'Pog.

12. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

I think most of us have been suggesting for the past 2 months or so to save any articles/threads you wish to keep. We all wish they could keep it up forever, but it's a waste of server space and bandwidth for them now, sad to say.

13. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I ran the rebuild stats routine on all the old forums tonight. Things should be visible again, for now anyway. :thumb:

BDS

14. dkates

dkates New Member

How much longer will WizPoG remain up?

15. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

would somone please refresh my memory and tell me about wizpog, it's been a while.

16. SD PokeMom

THANK YOU, BDS!!!

'mom