WObBUfFEt! [E-ON]

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

15 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Mightyena (Holo R/S)
    3 Poochyena (40HP)
    3 Linoone (R/S)
    3 Zigzagoon (1 Sandstorm\ 2 R/S)

26 Trainers
    3 Desert Shaman
    2 Copycat
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    3 Fast Ball
    3 Oran Berry
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    1 Town Volunteer
    2 Power Charge
    3 Scoop Up

18 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    11 Psychic Energy

Wobbuffet is the EX killa and just a all around good pokemon. Really I'm not going to change much, I like it the way it is. But I decided to post it just so maybe someone could point out something that could make this deck alot better. Okay the strategy is to get out linoone fast to help get cards and such and then start using mightyena and if they send out an EX, which they will proberly, you send out Wobbuffet and tackle them to the ground.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Looks good, but you have 19 Energy cards listed. The deck count's right, but you incorrectly said there are 18 cards. Just FYI. As for the deck itself, I like it.

3. Prime

I changed my mind. Instead of having linoone, I will take that out and put in the beast from the east, Zangoose. It is colorless, a good attacker and can't be poisoned. So the new deck looks like this:

13 Pokemon
    3 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Mightyena (Holo R/S)
    4 Poochyena (40HP)
    3 Zangoose

27 Trainers
    3 Desert Shaman
    2 Copycat
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    3 Fast Ball
    3 Oran Berry
    3 Potion
    4 Switch
    1 Town Volunteer
    2 Power Charge
    4 SUper Scoop Up

20 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    12 Psychic Energy

The new deck is alot faster, has good EX defense(WOBBUFFET!) has good evolution defense(Zangoose) and has good Psyhic defense(Mightyena). Let me explain why I have this set up defenses as they are.

Everyone can agree that EX pokemon will be used in most decks. Alot of the basics will be used and alot of the evolutions too. Well I saw Wobbuffet and thought, "WOw, he can stop all EX's and he has a pretty good attack too!" So I put him in. Then I thought, "But those evolutions might get me down," being that Mightyena doesn't have 120 HP or anything spectacular. So I put in Zangoose for a fast attack on evolutions. Then I thought to myself, "Where I play, everyone is playing Mewtwo EX and Gardevior EX. What could take them out quick and easily?" and I realized I had a great combo. Not only does Wobbuffet stop EX's but he also does 100 damage to psychic EX's(not ruled yet) in one shot, OHKO, no questions asked. So Mewtwo EX couldn't even attack once, and Gardevior EX would be dead after two shots. Then also Mightyena could take out some psychic pokemon too because of his resistance to psychic and his body. So Psychic pokemon doing 60 damage to him only do 20 now. Mightyena can do 50 damage too. That ALSO take cares of Mewtwo EX and Gardevior EX and alot of other Psychics. Then Zangoose. If they do get by my other two pokemon, in which they might, then I send up a machine that can crank out 60 a turn with no flips or issues. Yes, Mewtwo EX is a basic and would kill Zangoose before he could do anything about it, but that's why I have Mighyena AND wobbuffet in my deck.

So I kept thinking. Wow, this deck has alot of High-HP basics and one fast dark evolution. Not only does my Wobbuffet counter the fighting weakness of my other two pokemon, but Mightyena counters Wobbuffet's weakness. KInda like the best tag-team. They got each other's backs. So with alot of good fast basics, I didn't need evolutions or not many, so I had room for a good amount of energy and a great amount of trainers. Scoop up is very useful in this deck and alot of healing guarantees everything survives. I have some disruption with Shaman, which works great with Mightyena leaving them with only three cards in their hand at the start of their turn. Perfect when they copycat my huge hand.

I like my deck. I AM going to build this one and play it atleast once. For anyone out there reading this, please don't change the current pokemon. This deck would be totally different with them changed. You can add more of anything else, but please do not change the pokemon. I will consider all ideas though because I know some people might come up with some good ideas.

Have fun =D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  4. Prime

Just wanted to add that according to Sensei, and Big Daddy Snorlax, Wobbuffet's self damage is the only thing that isn't applied to resistance and weakness. So that confirms my reason that Wobbuffet can OHKO Mewtwo EX.

5. dkates

dkates New Member

Do you really need all that Psychic Energy? I'd drop 2 of them for a Power Charge and a Copycat.

6. Prime

Well I like to keep alot of energy available. I always put in too little energy and I never get any. I don't need many powe charges anyways. Mightyena only needs one dark to attack. 2 Power Charge is alright in my opinion. Adding another would waste a space. IMO that is.

But thanks for the tip!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  7. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Try out nosepass to get rid of the ex guys then use dessert shaman

8. Prime

Nah. Nosepass is colorless and very splashable but he can't hold his own. His first attack searches for cards and his second attack with a heads puts the defending pokemon back into their hand. The second attack would come in some use but in my honest opinion it would be bait for big hitters and I would hate to get that as my own basic. The other pokemon in this deck can hold their own.

9. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Please check but I think Scoop Up came out in Legendary and is not legal in E-on....Super Scoop up came out in Expedition .......

10. Prime

You are absolutely correct, thanks for telling me that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.