Wobbuffet (SS)

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Ultramew, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

OMG! It's a GREAT COUNTER TO POKEMON EX!!!!!!!!!1111

Only kidding guys :p I just have a question about this card's attack: "Flip Over". Here's the attack, word for word.

"Wobbuffet does 10 damage to itself, and don't apply Weakness and Resistance to this damage."

First thing that hit me with this card was that it didn't make much sense to me..is it worded differently than the "standard" way of writing cards? Regardless, the "don't applay Weakness and Resistance.." is that the self damage or the attack's damage?

2. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

This question was already answered in the ATMT forum. :p

With that said,it refers to the self damage only.The relevant ruling below.

`Sensei

Q. Wobbuffet's "Flip Over" says "...does 10 damage to itself, and don't apply weakness or resistance to this damage." Now what doesn't apply weakness and resistance, the 50 base damage or the 10 damage to itself?
    A. The phrase applies to the damage being done by Flip Over to Wobbuffet. Weakness/Resistance is ignored for the damage being done to itself. (Sep 25, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  3. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

........It was....?

Well I've obviously polish my searching skills >_<

4. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

You're right - it is a great counter to PokemonEX (actually, that's pretty much the only reason I have it in my deck for now). I understood the rulings as said below, where it does 50 to your opponent (or 100 for weakness / 20 for resistance), and 10 to itself.
    However, the one thing I don't understand is why they didn't just say "Put one damage counter on Wobbuffet". It would have been much simpler, and would have removed all this confusion. :rolleyes:

5. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I guess the reason is that you can use cards like defender or the defender-like poketool (coming out in ex dragon) to block the damage.