Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

World championship special cards?

Dannymax333

Hey I recently started playing Pokemon tcg and I found these cards when buying a big box of them like 5 years ago I found these 3 strange cards they each say Pokemon world championships 2010,2009 and 2012 each with a different pattern exclusively on the backs of the cards are they worth a lot? And how would someone obtain them can I get ones with the 2016 championship back?

I'll be honest, they aren't worth much. Like for instance, Shaymin with Setup regularly is going for $45-$50 for a regular art. The regular art Shaymin world championship card is going for about $5. Also, you can't play championship cards in tournaments. They'll start printing the 2016 ones once worlds has commenced and ended, I do believe.

World Championship decks are printed every year after Worlds in August (so street date i think is usually October/November). You get a top tier deck with the special backing so you know what the deck is. Some people will sell cards from the deck and for some strange reason people will pay what is an outrageous amount for the card.

Back