Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Invites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All

Just curious they say they are giving Invites to the top 16 for Worlds. But when are they going to give the invites? Lol Like when should I get into the Top 16?

Thanks

~Colin

Is it the top 16 in the world or from each country? Top 16 in Modified or will there be some overall rating based on all three scores? (Modified, Unlimited, and Limited.)

Modified ratings would be my guess but, if we are to name a "World Champion of Pokemon" should that person not be the best overall of all sanctioned formats?

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/faqs/world_champ_faq.asp

How can I play at the Pokémon TCG World Championships?

The Pokémon TCG World Championships are an invitation only event, meaning only those players who receive an official invite from Pokémon Organized Play will be able to compete for the title of Pokémon World Champion!

The World Championships Invitational structure is:
  • Top player from each age group at Pokémon TCG Gym Challenges
  • Top four players from each age group at Pokémon TCG Stadium Challenges
  • Top four players from each age group at the Pokémon TCG National Championships
  • Top sixteen ranked players in the Pokémon Organized Play rankings database as of July 20th, 2004.
  • Last chance tournament on Friday, August 20th at Disney World, Orlando.
  • Winners from the last World Championship event will receive automatic invites to the next World Championships.

SD PokéMom said:
Top sixteen ranked players in the Pokémon Organized Play rankings database as of July 20th, 2004.

Midkip, that does make sense, but,

if I log on to my profile I do see a global ranking. However, this matches my limited ranking not my modified.

Anyone have an official answer on which ranking will be used to determine the top sixteen?

Last edited:
dont go to your profile, go to the tournaments section, and click on rankings and there input you POP ID/Password, then you will see you modified global rank, your limited global rank and your unlimited global rank. I deleted the pm deom mtjimmer that said it was top 16 global, that's how i knew it was top 16 global, and i think it was pretty official too

-MuD

Edited: Sorry but this information is a bit premature - no notification has been given to let this be known becuase the web site has not been changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mudkip. That does sound official.

I would rather see the top 16 from each country, but I guess thats sort of what Nationals will produce, or a top four from each anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back