Wow, These CC Medallions are NICE! (Brookfield CC Report)

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by TheDeuce, Feb 9, 2004.

1. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

There were about 11-12 people from the Chicago area up at the Brookfield City Championship, I drove up with 6 of them myself, and played against most of them at the tournament. I've been playing this deck since Sandstorm came out, and I was ready to show Brookfield how it worked...

PSI: Psy Shadow Inducer
    2 Gardevoir ex
    3 Gardevoir
    3 Kirlia (Ruby/Sapphire, Super Psy)
    4 Ralts (Ruby/Sapphire, Link Blast)
    3 Xatu (Sandstorm)
    3 Natu (Sandstorm)
    2 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    2 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    - 22 pokémon

14 Psychic Energy
    3 Boost Energy
    - 17 energy

3 Professor Birch
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Desert Shaman
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Switch
    2 Crystal Shard
    2 Oracle
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Master Ball
    - 21 trainers

Round 1 vs. Mr. Lucas w/SS Espeon deck
    This is one of the guys that I rode up there with, I've seen him play this deck before, and I know how devastating Espeon can be, especially late game against a Gardevoir/ex, luckily it didn't happen that way...

I got a real nice setup early game with Dunsparce, and I just got too set up too quick, after I KOed a couple, he eventually did get a Espeon charged, and blasted my Gardevoir, but by then, I was too set up, and had other Wobbuffets/Gardevoirs ready to back up, I get the win here...

Record 1-0

Round 2 vs. Jimmy (Banginbox) w/Fast Mewtwo ex deck
    Another guy that I drove up with, this is one of the guys I was worried about going up against, Fast Mewtwo can give Gardevoir problems, if I don't respond just right.

Jimmy got a bad start, and I again got a good set up, Had he got set up 3 turns quicker, the outcome of this game might've been different. His Magneton was always 10-20 damage short of being able to KO me. Meanwhile, I was KOing things as he was still getting set up. He ended up getting 2 prizes I believe, but it was too little too late.

Record 2-0

Round 3 vs. Kid from Brookfield League w/Ampharos deck
    I could not remember this kid's name to save my life, but he was running Ampharos, I just outsped him, and he was never able to get anything going, hedid have a Wobbuffet that kept me from really dominating as fast as I would've liked to, but I still pulled out the win.

Record 3-0

Round 4 vs. Brad (Shdwchu) w/Kabutops ex deck
    Yet another guy I rode up there with, he was running Kabutops ex with SS Espeon as a Gardevoir counter.

This game was close the whole time, he was actually up a prize for a while, we both got set up pretty quick, although I did get set up like a turn after he did. After he got a Kabutops ex out, he got the first KO against a Gardevoir, I then brought out Wobbuffet, and he got the KO by smashing it with Espeon and a Boost. By then, I had out Gardevoir ex who took out the Espeon. and one other. After he got out another Eevee, I brought back Gardevoir ex to keep it from getting smashed. We traded a few more prizes until it was 2-2. He had ended up using PokéNurse on his Kabutops, which kept it from being a threat late. After that, I had the game, either he made mistakes, or I outplayed him, either way, I walked away with the win.

Good game Brad, much closer game than you usually give me :p

Record 4-0

Round 5 vs. Dan w/Fast Mewtwo deck
    Another one of the guys that I rode up there with, it seemed like that's all I played against. He was running a deck identical to Jimmy's deck. He, like Jimmy started off pretty slow, while I had one of the best starts possible with Dunsparce. Dan just never really caught up to my quick start, and get the win.

Record 5-0

Round 6 vs. Derrick (HypnosProjectHQ) w/Gardevoir/ex deck
    Last time I played against him, he won in a very close match, so we both knew how strong each other's deck was. Since, we were both first in our division, and a full game ahead of 2nd, we decided to draw. Although when we played for fun afterwards, I did win. :D

Final Record 5-0-1

I finish undefeated, 1st overall, and obviously first in the 15+ division. I got the box of Dragon (In which I got 8 NH Salamence cards...), The spiffy City Champ Medallion, a few extra prizes that the TO threw in, and I get that VIP Pack at the State Championships in a couple months, I can't wait...

2. quatre1453

quatre1453 New Member

congrats.
    sounds fun, i can''t wait untill my cc. i would normally go to the one in collinsville(dizzys dugout) but i have to go to the one in st.louis.
    congrats
    hope to see you at state

3. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Excelent tourney !!!!! Very, very well run. I didn't do very well, my own fault, deck built wronge, but I had alot of fun. Thank You

4. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Yes Yes. This was definatly one of the greatest tournaments I've participated in. Props to James, Will, and Lizard. Thanks everyone! :)

5. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Brookfield City Championship in Review

My review of the tournament can be found on this thread.