Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wow, These CC Medallions are NICE! (Brookfield CC Report)

There were about 11-12 people from the Chicago area up at the Brookfield City Championship, I drove up with 6 of them myself, and played against most of them at the tournament. I've been playing this deck since Sandstorm came out, and I was ready to show Brookfield how it worked...

PSI: Psy Shadow Inducer
2 Gardevoir ex
3 Gardevoir
3 Kirlia (Ruby/Sapphire, Super Psy)
4 Ralts (Ruby/Sapphire, Link Blast)
3 Xatu (Sandstorm)
3 Natu (Sandstorm)
2 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
2 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
- 22 pokémon

14 Psychic Energy
3 Boost Energy
- 17 energy

3 Professor Birch
4 Professor Oak's Research
2 Desert Shaman
2 Rare Candy
3 Switch
2 Crystal Shard
2 Oracle
1 Town Volunteers
2 Master Ball
- 21 trainers

Round 1 vs. Mr. Lucas w/SS Espeon deck
This is one of the guys that I rode up there with, I've seen him play this deck before, and I know how devastating Espeon can be, especially late game against a Gardevoir/ex, luckily it didn't happen that way...

I got a real nice setup early game with Dunsparce, and I just got too set up too quick, after I KOed a couple, he eventually did get a Espeon charged, and blasted my Gardevoir, but by then, I was too set up, and had other Wobbuffets/Gardevoirs ready to back up, I get the win here...

Record 1-0

Round 2 vs. Jimmy (Banginbox) w/Fast Mewtwo ex deck
Another guy that I drove up with, this is one of the guys I was worried about going up against, Fast Mewtwo can give Gardevoir problems, if I don't respond just right.

Jimmy got a bad start, and I again got a good set up, Had he got set up 3 turns quicker, the outcome of this game might've been different. His Magneton was always 10-20 damage short of being able to KO me. Meanwhile, I was KOing things as he was still getting set up. He ended up getting 2 prizes I believe, but it was too little too late.

Record 2-0

Round 3 vs. Kid from Brookfield League w/Ampharos deck
I could not remember this kid's name to save my life, but he was running Ampharos, I just outsped him, and he was never able to get anything going, hedid have a Wobbuffet that kept me from really dominating as fast as I would've liked to, but I still pulled out the win.

Record 3-0

Round 4 vs. Brad (Shdwchu) w/Kabutops ex deck
Yet another guy I rode up there with, he was running Kabutops ex with SS Espeon as a Gardevoir counter.

This game was close the whole time, he was actually up a prize for a while, we both got set up pretty quick, although I did get set up like a turn after he did. After he got a Kabutops ex out, he got the first KO against a Gardevoir, I then brought out Wobbuffet, and he got the KO by smashing it with Espeon and a Boost. By then, I had out Gardevoir ex who took out the Espeon. and one other. After he got out another Eevee, I brought back Gardevoir ex to keep it from getting smashed. We traded a few more prizes until it was 2-2. He had ended up using PokéNurse on his Kabutops, which kept it from being a threat late. After that, I had the game, either he made mistakes, or I outplayed him, either way, I walked away with the win.

Good game Brad, much closer game than you usually give me :p

Record 4-0

Round 5 vs. Dan w/Fast Mewtwo deck
Another one of the guys that I rode up there with, it seemed like that's all I played against. He was running a deck identical to Jimmy's deck. He, like Jimmy started off pretty slow, while I had one of the best starts possible with Dunsparce. Dan just never really caught up to my quick start, and get the win.

Record 5-0

Round 6 vs. Derrick (HypnosProjectHQ) w/Gardevoir/ex deck
Last time I played against him, he won in a very close match, so we both knew how strong each other's deck was. Since, we were both first in our division, and a full game ahead of 2nd, we decided to draw. Although when we played for fun afterwards, I did win. :D

Final Record 5-0-1

I finish undefeated, 1st overall, and obviously first in the 15+ division. I got the box of Dragon (In which I got 8 NH Salamence cards...), The spiffy City Champ Medallion, a few extra prizes that the TO threw in, and I get that VIP Pack at the State Championships in a couple months, I can't wait...

congrats.
sounds fun, i can''t wait untill my cc. i would normally go to the one in collinsville(dizzys dugout) but i have to go to the one in st.louis.
congrats
hope to see you at state

Excelent tourney !!!!! Very, very well run. I didn't do very well, my own fault, deck built wronge, but I had alot of fun. Thank You

Back