Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

XY Roaring Skies Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon

I want to spark some discussion here on the forums so lets talk about the new set XY Roaring Skies. You can talk about anything. I'll get us started.

With this new set, we'll be seeing a lot of new interesting card with some also having Ancient Traits that allow for more (at this time) uninterrupted advantage by giving pokemon something they can do to get going faster or protection from other cards. Colorless m Rayquaza EX and Shaymin EX is looking to be quite the contender and with the rumors going around of either an LTR-On or XY-On rotation, this looks to be very stong. Sky Field makes a lot of decks viable.

How do you guys think this new set will play with the current format and with the rumored rotations? I think we'll be seeing a lot of m Manetric EX since it can go from 0 to 60 almost instantly.

to start off with this sets release, aside from a few promos cards, I believe we have all the cards we will for Nats/Worlds and before the yearly rotation.

now looking at the cards watching the final regionals this week Shaymin EX is the must have card (2-4 in a deck) from this set with its set up ability helping get out of the various lock type decks we have been seeing.

the various Rayquaza's make for strong decks but it a little hard to tell which is the better version colorless or dragon type, the colorless is good with all the colorless support but needs a full skyfield bench to be effective, while the dragon has hydriegon ex/reshiram/double dragon energy as good support for it.

m gallade ex keeps us with strong psychic poke but you'll want Forretress FLF or Crobat to maximize the attack's secondary effect.

turning to non ex the first card of interest is absol with its bright eyes moving 3 damage around can be a surprise boon and is a decent (1-2) tech.

shedinja has potential when combined with Mew ex/Dimension valley/Floette FLF and self damage like rainbow energy/team magmas secret base/frozen city to deal high damage easily but is still pretty fragile.

togekiss could be good support with serene grace giving the fast energy attach but it uses a lot of deck space.

jirachi with it's doom desire could see use with the poison lock dragalge before rotation with hypnotoxic and with ariados after, needs to be paired with energy accel though likely in the form of bronzong.

turning to trainers we have mega turbo is the big one for ex decks, a dark patch for megas pretty much, item based energy accel is always good.

a card we'll see in the evo decks will be wally of course cause it lets us evolve right away.

trainers mail can be good but depends on how big item lock stays with seismitoad ex and the upcoming vileplume.

there's more but thats enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back