Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Dendrobatida, Feb 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Started a 10-person fantasy baseball league in Yahoo for pokemon players. It's a live draft, friday, February 27th, at 8:30 pm EST. Scoring is points-based. Cost is free. Come and join, have fun all season long!

Here's the particulars:

LEAGUE ID#: 80316 (You will need this to sign up)
    LEAGUE PASSWORD: drizzle (You will need this to sign up)

Need any more info? Just post your questions here!

Also, if you intend to play, respond to this post so that others can see who's in the league. Good luck, and see you on the diamond!

2. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

dendro~~~ does this draft have to be this friday??????

i will most definitely miss the draft, but i'd love to be able to participate

can anything be done??

3. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Absolutely, Big Poppa: You can preselect (prerank) the players you want, and even if you can't make the draft, the server will select your players for you according to the order you'd like them in. The draft time is a little funky, but I wanted to put it at a time that wouldn't interfere with schoolwork (I'm a fourth grade teacher myself) and that wouldn't interfere with city championships on saturday and sunday. That didn't leave me very many options other than friday night...

Also, feel free to tell any friends that may want to play that they're welcome.

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I would certainly like to play. Should I register now or when the draft starts? Could you give a link to that part of Yahoo?

5. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

6. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Seems interesting. I'll join in a few hours. I g2g out now.

7. Bigpoppabeatdown

already registered and edited my presets.....

mmmm, this will most definitely be interesting

one question though, if a player that i selected is already taken, it will take my next one correct?

when it reaches the end of my list, what will happen???

i assume it will take the highest ranked player available, or will it go further and take the high ranked player of a position that i still need?

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Okay I am registered. I should be able to draft live on friday. If not I will do the pre-select thing.

9. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Bigpoppa: You are correct with your answer to your first question. The answer to your second question is that the server will make every effort to fill unfilled positions first, and will look first at highest ranked player available, then position of need. For example, let's say you draft Todd Helton in the first round. Your 1b is filled. Now it's the 18th round, and your preset list is done. It's your turn to draft, and the next highest player is Sean Casey. However, you've already got a 1B and a corner infielder, but no second relief pitcher or third outfielder. It'll look for the highest rated relief pitcher or third outfielder available, and take one of them.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the league!

Cheers,

10. Monkey

Alright im in! Hehe, on another league of mine, I have another live draft to attend at the same time! Hopefully you can draft for 2 leagues concurrently! >_<

11. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

4 members so far....Guys who have already joined: I opened the league to the public, so if we don't get more from the pokemon boards, we'll definitely have a full league by friday.

Cheers,

12. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Three spots left, which will all fill by draft time since the league is posted...get in while you can!

13. Monkey

Can't wait till tommrow! I hope some more people from the Gym join!

14. Pidgeotto Trainer

If its still open tonight would it be okay for me to invite a friend? Its public anyways.
    Also I have a question Dendro. I see that our roster have 2 Catchers, an extra Middle infielder, corner infielder etc. Will these players stats go towards our points all the time or just if we put them in our starting lineup? In other words are we getting our whole team of batters (15 players or so) getting points each game or just the 9 we start? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  15. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Pidgeotto:

Absolutely invite your friend.

The positions you see will be your starters. That is, you will start two catchers, a middle infielder, a corner infielder, etc. All the points they accumulate will count toward you season total. There are also bench slots. A player on the bench will not accumulate points for you.

16. Bigpoppabeatdown

well i can't complain too much about who i got for the draft..... my starting rotation has much to be desired for, but my relievers = close out

17. Tempo Stratoblaster

Tempo Stratoblaster New Member

Hmm.. little bit too late reading this message... :(

Got a work league starting up the 25th.. was going to join a rotisserie at some point... guess it'll have to be a bunch of strangers.

18. Bigpoppabeatdown

ok now that we got this draft thing done, what now?? is there like weekly meetings or something that we have to do?

19. Monkey

I don't think we do weekly meetings... What is there to talk about? lol

20. Bigpoppabeatdown

ok, i just haven't done something like this.... usually i do the pick the winners fantasy leagues, just wondering...

just let me know if i'm supposed to be doing something