Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yeah, I know its late.

louist200

Lets get something clear right now. I didnt win. I didn't make top cut. So all of you guys only reading it for that need to leave. Okay, is he gone? Good I hate that guy. I would say girl but there are no girls on the internet. Okay is the easily offended girl gone? Good I hate her too.
Well onto the report/what happened.
Well I leave after school on wed. Yep midsouth is already doing school.I had 1 day of playtesting where Iplayed Gchamp. I played it all day and hated every second of it. So I talked to Clay and he said. Dude you dont have enough play testing play what you want but dont expect to get in. I was like okay then I'll go with the most annoying deck I can find. So I decided to play Manray. No its not a spongebob reference its a reference to an artist. I knew it wasnt origional but I got to basicly take naps vs gengar and palkia.
So I get and have had 0 games of playtesting. I meet some cool people and play 1 game vs palkia dialgia. I kinda face roll it. I play one game vs a guy that was in the vgc. He was playing SV garachomp with hippodown. It was kind of a bad list otherwise I would have been owned cause he played 0 powers.
I then played aginst a norwegian guy named Mikkel. We became friends and hung out of the rest of the weekend. Names were to hard so he was norway friend 1 and I was super usa friend. He play Rayinferape
and we had one of those nail bitter games.
I then met a german guy named dennis and we played. Another nail biting Luxape game. I hung out with him for the rest of the weekend too.

I went to bed around 1 am and had to get up at 6am.
I didnt have to but it was 8 am my time and I wanted to keep my school scheduel in tack so I got up.
I also didnt know at this time that grinder registration started at 9 am.
I meet a guy that worked of pokemon in the elevator and followed him to startbucks.
I also conviently got there like 10sec before the line became a mile long.
I wind up getting close to the front of the line at 7:30. Yeah 1 and a half hours early. So I call taylor to bring me my Ipod. No answer. So I call chas no answer. So I call sam no answer. ... I wind up trying to sleep in the line but cant. I do discover a large amount gengar and palkia are going to be played.

Finialy round 1 of the grinder
Manray vs Luxape
He mulligan which is the only way I know it is luxape. He starts with unknow Q and goes first. I start with luxray and a cyrus in hand, He draw passes. I donk.
1-0
round 2 manray vs either gengar or palkia.
I face roll it and dont remember it
2-0
round 3
Manray vs flygonchamp
I play my sunnyshore down often to kill him flygons but he wins.
Highlights. Nearly having my opponent carp his pant by doing 130 damage to a flygon X in 1 tunr with trash bolt sunny shore plus power and poketurn. I needed an sp radar uxie poketurn plus power or a cro bat to kill it and he had nothing set up after that. I wiff and he kills.
2-1
round 4
Gengar or palkia
See round 2
3-1
round 5
Dusknoir sprit body
He plays well and owns me.
He would luxray up whatever I was working on building and then kill it with crobats and his attack.
3-2
round 6&7
see round 2
4-2
5-2
round 8 palkia
Very Very close match. I can never get my sunny shore out and I prized uxie X so I cant trade Ko's that way.
5-3
I make it in at 24th I think? maybe 26th
I go to bed around 11 and get up at like 7 I think.

Round 1
Gchamp with Nido queen.
I am thinking Oh shiz. Auto loss much. I then see he plays no claydol only uxie. He has a turn with a nido queen on the bench machamp active and 3 uxies down. I luxray up his queen and kill it. He counters sending up machamp and fliping 2 heads on hurricane punch for 60 on my G uxie X.
I bench a crobat flash bite a uxie poketurn the crobat attach to uxie X flash bite the machamp poketurn 2 more time to do 10 to all the uxie. He had no more rare candy and I had sunnyshore out So i doubted that he could get a nidoqueen out. He had a benched gengar So i thought he might polterguist I 1 shot his champ he kill me with polterguist. I send up Manetric and go spread he draws and polterguists for 30 I spread he shadow rooms sinc I had played one trainer. I took 3 prizes in 1 turn. I spread again.

Round 2
Gengar
I kinda do what I do

Round 3 Dylan (guy who won last year)
He was super smart and played few powers and just dialgia tanked.
2-1
Round 4
Gengar
I start with unknow G.
I am like okay roseanse for Lucario and uxe. To my amazment I discover my prizes are 1 unknown G 2 uxie 1 uxie 1 lucario 1 lightning. I was stuck with 5 lightning and no offence. oh and he got t2 nidoqueen.
2-2
Round 5
Gengar or palkia
see round 2 of grinders.
3-2
Round 6
Beedrill. Auto loss much?
I cant get a powerspray to stop his momentium early.
3-3
Round 7
Beedrill again?
See round 6.
uggh 3-4
oh well last year in sr. and I got to worlds.

Props
Norway friends # 1-4 and super norway friend
Germany friend.
Getting in.
Jayson H.- Love you
Taylor M- Love you less then Jayson cause you hit me alot
Clay M.- You are the best.
Chas B.- Thanks for the help not testing and partying instead.
Tim B- Thanks for being the coolest dad of Chas.
Sam L.- Sam Sam Sam. I have made fun of you some much this year. But when ever I need a billboard you are there. J/k I love you. (no ****)
Christian Haas- I didnt meet you till day 1 of world and we only went to lunch together and taylor was there to but man that was fun even though I had a migrain.
Michel D.- Man dude it was a party.
Kevin W.- You are the coolest being around you is always a party even if you dont think it is. From talking in code at school about pokemon to kidding with you about you never talking it is always fun. Dont worry your secret identity on the gym is safe with me.
Kaitlynn W.- If you are will to drive all the way to memphis just to playtest with us even if it is for nats then you deserve props.
Lynn- Man I wish you could have come.
Miranda C.- You stole the title of usa friend 1 from me but it allowed me to transform into SUPER USA FRIEND.
That deffinatly makes you worth of a prop.
Slops
Umm flight getting canceled
Beedrill being played in sr.
Playing aginst it twice.

Congrats on the great weekend Jar Jar!!....but man....spelling, punctuation and formating really help those of us who actually can read english. Take the time and do it right.:thumb:

And for those who think I said that Louis wouldn't succeed in grinding in...that is not what I said...

I said, play the deck you want to play, enjoy the grinder and enjoy your stay in San Diego. If you go into Grinder EXPECTING to make it in, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. He managed to Grind in and had a great time and met lots of new friends.

Back