Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yep, Another Kabulix Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGamerX

Well I have decided to start preparing for the State Championships.
The last decklist I had didn't have the right drawing engine, so I'll guess this list would work better. I want Steelix in here, because it seems like a good pokemon to stall for a bit while you can power up some Kabutops on the bench. But for either Furret or Xatu, I guess either one will be alright considering that one heals and the other gets you the Steel Energies that you need.

Thats pretty much it!
*thinks to himself* "I hope no one gets annoyed for me keep making Kabulix decks over and over ;) "

Pokemon: 22
4 Buried Fossil
3 Kabuto
3 Kabutops EX
3 Onix (SS)
2 Steelix (1 SS, 1 AQ)
3 Dunsparce (Gets you set up fast)
2 Xatu (or Furret)
2 Natu (or Sentret)

Trainers: 22
4 Oracle
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 TV Reporter
3 Rare Candy
4 Potion
3 Switch
1 Professor Elm Training Method
1 Towns Volunteers

Energy: 16
4 Metal
2 Multi
10 Fighting

TrueGamerX said:
Pokemon: 22
4 Buried Fossil
3 Kabuto
3 Kabutops EX
3 Onix (SS)
2 Steelix (1 SS, 1 AQ)
3 Dunsparce (Gets you set up fast)
2 Xatu (or Furret)
2 Natu (or Sentret)

Trainers: 22
4 Oracle
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 TV Reporter
3 Rare Candy
4 Potion
3 Switch
1 Professor Elm Training Method
1 Towns Volunteers

4 Metal
2 Multi
10 Fighting

Um...wow. I thought Kabulix was dead. And as far as I'm concerned it is. Three energy for sixty damage w/ Kabutops EX is pitiful, and spiral drain isn't much better. Just play straight Steelix/Xatu like dkates if you want a solid deck for states. However, since you've giving me this, I might as well fix it. XP
Xatu (or Furret) Natu (or Sentret) hah! That's a good one.

Pokemon: Kabutops line looks okay. I like adding in one Skyridge Kabutops when I played this back in Neon, when Skyridge had just come out. It was solid if you breedered to it second turn, and then they couldn't evolve, but this is Eon, and we need the space. So keep the Tops line as is, except add one Kabuto, for reasons you'll find out soon enough. Steelix up to 3/3. Make 2 Sandstorm, one Aquapolis, just because the Aquapolis one has a chance at 70 damage or so. Sparce is a good card, but not worth it here. That's right, you heard me: No Sparce in an Eon deck. *GASP!* Use three Azurill instead. These little babies can find you Fossils or pokemon (I'll explain later). The Xatu line: change it to Furret. Four Metal on Steelix is super important, especially in this onehitKO format. That's a lot of pokemon, you say? Well yes it is.

Energy: Drop two fighting and both multi for 4 boost energy. This goes with Kabutops EX's HydroCutter. Hope for 120 damage second turn.

Trainers: We have 24 pokemon and 16 energy, so 20 trainers is the room we have. First off, four reporter. These are crucial to this deck, because they goes well with Underground Lake, which we'll also be adding. Discard a Kabuto then plop it right onto your bench and evolve it into Tops. Then boost and shazam! Pray for 120 w/ HydroCutter. Some people like Birch w/ Furret, and it's a great combo, but Reporter discards the Kabuto, so we're using that. 14 spaces left. 3 Lanette's Net Search. This is how you find basics with Azurill, which works even better in this deck because, since you don't put cards on your bench like you do with Fan Club. This means you can discard a Kabuto with Reporter next turn and Underground Lake it onto your bench. 3 Candy. 8 spaces left. Add two PETM, which virtually increases the number of evolutions in every line by two (five Kabutops EX, five Steelix, four Furret. Of course not really, but I'm talking virtually here, if you know what I mean) . Then add two Lure Ball to bring back Kabutops EX when it's KOd after reviving Kabuto. Two switch and two shard makes a deck. This deck will need to go rather fast to win. Against Fire, bring out Tops. Against non fire, build up Tops slowly, attacking first with Steelixs. Then finish them with Tops.

New deck:
Pokemon: 24
4 Buried Fossil
4 Kabuto
3 Kabutops EX
3 Onix (SS)
3 Steelix (2 SS, 1 AQ)
3 Azurill (Gets you set up fast)
2 (or Furret)
2 (or Sentret)

Trainers: 20
4 Reporter
3 Lanette's Net Search
2 Underground Lake
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Crystal Shard
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Lure Ball

4 Metal
4 Boost
8 Fighting

There ya go. This deck might not be perfect, but it sure comes close. Not really. My suggestion is, is you want metal/water, play Aggron EX/Wailord. It's more reliable in my opinion, and is more heavily used and has been tested and recommended by more people. But to each his own. Go for it and good luck at states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back