Yes, Aero/Excavator Again . . .

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Phazon Elite, May 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

I'm sure you guys are tired of this by now, but I just had a clarification question about Pokepop's choice of wording in a couple of threads. These questions might sound like they are trying to question authority (and I am sorry if you feel that they do), but the intent to do so is not there.

[QUOTE='Pop]We have confirmed. Fossil Excavator cannot get a MD Aerodactyl.[/QUOTE]

Who did you guys confirm with? Did you all have a group meeting and collectively decide on a ruling, or did you ask the PCL about the intended wording (which would imply an error in translation)?

If the latter is true, then I assume Fossil Excavator is supposed to read:

Note that the bold part currently reads "Fossil" on the card itself. So, if the latter part of the above question is correct, is my assumption about the card's intended wording also correct?

Thanks in advance.

-Marvin

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

All the rulings in the Compendium LvX are official... meaning they have come from PUI (or are endorsed by PUI in the case of the WotC rulings that carried forward). Some of the rulings are direct answers from PCL, the rest come from PUI during the Rules Team discussion.

MD Aerodactyl is not a Stage 1 Pokemon that evolves from a Fossil. Old Amber is not a Fossil, despite being, in the 'Fossil Group' for purposes of how you play your opening hand. Being in the 'Fossil Group' does not make it a Fossil. The rulings faithfully reflect the way it is played in Japan.