Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

YJ and Jermy's Kingdra Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJohn06

Okay y'all, Jermy and I have been thinking of things for this deck on aim for a bit... this is what we have so far, we're gonna start test playing it soon. We'll make changes as we go along, if you have any suggestions/ideas let us know.

Here's the decklist:

Pokemon: 21

4 Horsea (Retalliate)
4 Seadra (2 water arrow/2 Agility)
3 Kingdra EX (Dragon)
3 Kingdra (AQ)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)
2 Moltres (SK)
2 Sudowoodo (AQ)
1 Mewtwo EX (RS)

Trainers: 21

4 Professor Oak's Research
3 Pokemon Nurse
3 Professor Birch
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method
2 Copycat
2 Brineys compassion
2 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Town Volunteers
1 Fisherman
1 Crystal Shard

Energy: 18

12 Water Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Boost Energy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The strategy is similar to Sceptile tech, but now you've got a better and more reliable attacker... Kingdra and Kingdra EX. The deck looks like it'll be pretty strong, it is as of now untested, but as we test it we will make revisions.

Crystal shard is for the dragons and for Kingdra to drop it's resistance for a turn to sceptile to get in a heck of a hit.

Against other decks:

Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX: Keep your energy in play LOW. Focus on one Kingdra EX, use Genetic Memory to use previous stages attacks, this making Gardevoir players have to use their own energy... Making it a bit more evenly matched.. while they keep attaching you keep using somethign to do 30 or what ever.. or agility... or something. Then nurse it to heal it.. repeat as needed til you ko it, use wobbuffet for backup.

Blaziken/Exeggutor... Use Kingdra to kill the blazikens early and Moltres for Exeggutors... simple.

Sceptile tech - Moltres kills sceptile, Wobbuffet for Mewtwo EX and just keep countering them as they try and counter you.

Ampharos EX. Use Sudowoodo's copy attack to use Ampy's attack against it, it WON'T be a OHKO but it'll really weaken it, and over all I think Sudowoodo will be more useful cause he can be used against other decks more effective than Hariyama (Which was originally in the deck inplace of Sudowoodo)

Aggron - use the AQ kingdra and keep trying to remove metals... use Moltres also and Kingdra EX.. if played right this battle should be fairly easy, I can't see it holding up that long.

Anything else... well... I think you kinda get the idea. Comments/suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
I'm partial to NG Kingdra, no weakness, no resistance, and Dragon Tornado can keep your opponent from attacking with the most powerful Pokemon every turn.

Unfortunately, you seem to have gotten the Modifieds mixed up again, Cooltrainer Aaron. This one's E-on. Can't use NG Kingdra.

I really like the deck and I am gonna test it out. But i don't like Haryiama, the fact that it only helps against Electric isn't very cool imo. So i'm gonna try AQ Sudowoodo. It is fighting type so it will deal double damage to Ampharos Ex and i can use its attack against it, also i can use Sudowoodo to help against Exeggutor and some other stuff. It is also a great starting pokemon, because ur opponent will most likely start with a Wynaut or Dunsparce, so you can use their attacks.

Also i think the Seadra that does 40 is the best, i mean doing 40 for sure with one energy is too hard to pass up. And the Agility makes it even better. The fact that you can do 30 to a benched pokemon isn't very good because there are no babies anymore. I'm not sure if thats true, so i'm gonna test out both Seadras and see what happens. Also you need some Switching cards to abuse Kingdras power, you should probably have some Boost also to use Kingdra Ex's attack to deal a suprise 70 or 90 damage attack.

Its looking good, i'll post my list up later.

~Colin

swanton1717 said:
I really like the deck and I am gonna test it out. But i don't like Haryiama, the fact that it only helps against Electric isn't very cool imo. So i'm gonna try AQ Sudowoodo. It is fighting type so it will deal double damage to Ampharos Ex and i can use its attack against it, also i can use Sudowoodo to help against Exeggutor and some other stuff. It is also a great starting pokemon, because ur opponent will most likely start with a Wynaut or Dunsparce, so you can use their attacks.

Also i think the Seadra that does 40 is the best, i mean doing 40 for sure with one energy is too hard to pass up. And the Agility makes it even better. The fact that you can do 30 to a benched pokemon isn't very good because there are no babies anymore. I'm not sure if thats true, so i'm gonna test out both Seadras and see what happens. Also you need some Switching cards to abuse Kingdras power, you should probably have some Boost also to use Kingdra Ex's attack to deal a suprise 70 or 90 damage attack.

Its looking good, i'll post my list up later.

~Colin

The Sudowoodo is a good idea... I'm not sure which way I'm gonna go on it. The Hariyama is strong against tons of other EX pokemon as well. It does auto 80 to all EX pokes and some of the EX pokes are weak to fighting... including Ampharos. They both seem to have their uses to it, I'll try them both out and see how it works. The boost I'm probably gonna do, I had thought of it before, but I wasn't sure how to make room for it. Switch isn't in there, Mr. Brineys Compassion is a switch and Pokemon nurse all in one... with this deck you move the energy from your active to the bench then scoop it up into your hand. It's basically a scoop up which will work better. It saves the KO and gets you a new active.

I play both Seadra cause if they're hiding on the bench building something up, attack it... it's not meant for babies, plus... if you do massive damage to their active retreating it and hiding on the bench won't help, you can just damage it still. :)

Imperial said:
Pluffer Power!
:)
Lets see how it stands to my army of Pluffs :D

Rofl! I bet it... wins :D

lol.

I added some changes to the deck list. Colin I took your advice and added in the Sudowoodo instead of the Hariyama, I think it's gonna work a lot better, cause like you said it's useful against other things, not just Ampharos EX.

hmmm I like the decklist it seems to have solid strengths against all the archetypes and rogue decks due to kingdra ex sheer strength. It still seems like a even match up for you with godevoir. a Turn 2 Godevoir ex is pretty rough beats I hear =P but still you can hold its own vs the deck quite well. a lot better then most decks I see. I hope it works well for you guys. reply telling how it does ;\

MonkeyMan said:
hmmm I like the decklist it seems to have solid strengths against all the archetypes and rogue decks due to kingdra ex sheer strength. It still seems like a even match up for you with godevoir. a Turn 2 Godevoir ex is pretty rough beats I hear =P but still you can hold its own vs the deck quite well. a lot better then most decks I see. I hope it works well for you guys. reply telling how it does ;\

I've tested it twice against TRUK's Ampharos EX... and I got my butt kicked both times. It's not fast enough and the fighting counter (either one, Sudowoodo or Hariyama) just didn't set up right, the deck is decent but it needs something changed to make it run a lot faster and smoother, it just doesn't set up fast enough as it is right now.

Jermy, I'll talk to ya on aim and apprentice and we'll work it out, I think it still has some potential, it's just gotta be worked on. :)

The biggest thing you could try is first of dropping all the tech and going with a straight kingdra build with something like donphan or hairamaya to deal with amphy. Everything else shouldnt seem that hard really if you play it right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back