Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

YJ's KY GC Report!

YoungJohn06

Well I ended up going Rocklock

Round 1 - Croconaw88 aka Jon Rectonwald with Lanturn

We bot had okay starts if I remember but we both had REALLY bad prizes. He had 2 of his DRE prized, I had 2 of my gyms prized. So his Battle Frontier really hurt me for a while. He got a ko on my T-tar and some other things while I tried to rebuild to get a prize him hopes of taking out his friggen battle frontier cause it was killing me. I managed to do this and I pulled out the win. However Jon started his stop watch right when time was started but when they called time it was at 34 minutes for the round. I think something was off cause his watch continued to go over the time for the rounds like 1-2-3 minutes throughout the day. He would have won on time if they had called it by his watch which I really believe was correct cause I watched him start it when they said time. I'm not really complaining cause it enabled me to get the time to get ahead on prizes and field advantage. I felt really bad tho cause I know what it's like to be screwed on time, I've lived through things so similar it's disgusting and really makes you mad when it happens to you.

Round 2 - Sorry I cannot remember his name, he played Tyranitar/Swampert

He doesn't SAR first turn which confuses me but makes me happy... I take forever to set up but luckily he doesn't do crap ever in this game and my long set up eventually gets completely set up and I just win easily from there.

Round 3- Kim Kramer I think her name is... with Rocklock! Yay mirror!

I get a much better set up than she does, mid game she has a t-tar and amphy and that's about it, I attach a DRE to my Pidgeot (I'm down by one prize) and clutch the t-tar (dual type) for 30 putting it at 50 and no retreat. I think retreat scramble my own T-tar to ko hers and she then takes the idea on her self and tries to do it too but it doesn't work as well for her and I eventually just win it without much problem. The bad setup for her hurt her but she made some misplays through out too that made some changes.

Round 4 - Ted Delisle with Dark Slowking

He starts with a R Meowth and if he has a swoop or somethin I can't remember what all he needed but he coulda practically won that game if he got what he needed then. He didnt' tho and I'm able to pull my self out of a hole using Spinning tail T-tar it gets down to 1-1 prizes. This game is really close and really good but I'm able to pull it out with a rock in the end for game.

Round 5 Jake Davis (11-14 player he was paired up)

He got an absolutely crap start while I got next to God start. Not much else too say, he was playing RL as well, same list as mine only one card diff I made it for him and it went on to win for him! Anyway I took this game without much ease due to his horrible setup.

So I'm 5-0 in first place for the 15+. The top four is Me (1st) Ted (2nd) Dustin (3rd) Matt (4th)

So it's me vs Matt for the top cut, he's playing Dragtrode.

I get an absolute CRAP start. It takes me forever to get ANYTHING but I'm able to get a t-tar going and let the bench damage with rocks and amphy adding up. He got way up on prizes but the mass damage on his sneasels and the two prizes he was giving up along with the rocks/sand damage was just too much. 1-0

Game 2:

Once again crap start, sparce but no energy! What the heck is with this?
He never really gets set up but has a Dragonite out fast and is koing things left and right and basically has only a Dark Electrode and a Dark Dragonite in play half the game. I got the dragonite to 40 damage and attach a scramble to Pidgeot after I'm set up some and admin him so he has 2 cards in his hand and ko the Dragonite. He's up 2-5 but has only a Dark Electrode left. He pulls the rainbow and ends up with 30 on the electrode I sac a sparce or somethin getting it up by 10 more damage and he gets to 1 prize I managed to ko the trode while he had next to nothing left and I was able to take out everything. He made a big mistake though, when he used Electrodes attack he DIDN'T move his energy to the benched dratini and I just koed the trode next turn killing all his energy so he couldn't do much. GG

Top 2:

Me and Dustin (Dark Slowking/dark Hypno/lanturn)

Well I get a crap start and he gets an ehh start. He does have slowking swarm, once again sparce but no energy. He gets up by 4 prizes (2-6) I manage to get a Spinning tail t-tar off and get a scramble. He's out of tools/isn't drawing them so he's not able to deal any damage to t-tar I just sit there using tail and take 5 prizes in one turn then win the next turn.

Game 2:

Pidgey start... wow awful. chinchou start for him I'm like oh crap big thing coming if I don't get that out. I really don't remember much more as I'm really tired. All I know is that it came down to 1-1 prizes but he was up 1-6 at one point I beleive but Spinning tial was just a beast again. I had another big prize turn where I got 4 prizes in one turn. I was able to get the last two kos after practically destroying his entire field.

GG!

Props:

Me for winning!
9-0 record =D
Trip to worlds! =)
Jake Davis for winning 11-14
Alex Delisle for winning 10-
OH for sweeping the KY Gym Challenge (all of the winners were from OH, may I add the entire top cut of 15+ was from OH 3/4 top cut for 11-14 was OH)

Slops:

The time issues.
Wrong ruling for a friend of mine but it turned out not to matter too much in the end as Jake still managed to win the trip even tho the ruling wasn't right and really hurt him.

Over all good touranment, Bernie did an amazing Job and I definately will be back. It had a few problems here and there but hey, you're still learning! Awesome job!

Last edited:
nh, the Moss/Brosseau rock lock deck is a BEAST! Our deck, give or take 2-3 cards has won 5 trips in the past 2 weekends :) good game NO RE

Great Job!!

You did a great job John!! :clap:

- and you should look at Kentuckyconnect.com (the Lexington Herald-Leader online)
and check out the picture they ran in the paper of your first round match. If they take it down before you get to it let me know and I'll send you a copy of the paper itself.

Bernie "Loudred" DeVille
who is up entirely too early today

-.-; John, because of you and everyone else(espcially DAVE'S DECK) I didn't win... ;.; I wanted to win really badly.... I'm still upset..

Congrats, like always I tripped at the finish line, but if I was going to lose, I am glad it was to you. Of course, I knew I had no chance when I saw the spinning tail t-tar, oh well, one last chance at Worlds at Ohio GC.

Hiro said:
Congrats, like always I tripped at the finish line, but if I was going to lose, I am glad it was to you. Of course, I knew I had no chance when I saw the spinning tail t-tar, oh well, one last chance at Worlds at Ohio GC.

Thx =)

I don't hate you chris, and thanx! ;)

Oh, fine don't reply to my post. That's very rude of you John. You're an ok guy, but when you don't reply to someone's post that's concidered rude. :nonono:

Last edited:
John Wetz is one of the most polite players in the game right now, and also one of the best. I don't know why he should be considered "impolite" for not answering to a post less than 24 hours old.

Beedrill564 said:
Oh, fine don't reply to my post. That's very rude of you John. You're an ok guy, but when you don't reply to someone's post that's concidered rude. :nonono:

What do you want me to say? I'm sorry you didn't win, but I don't see how it's my fault you didn't. We didn't even play. If you were expecting people to just give you the win, I'm sorry but that wasn't anyone's intent, most everyone there was there to win. Sorry if you think I'm rude.

Back