"You played what?!" Scotch Plains NJ CC Report

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Dark Ninja, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

**I'm not good with names, so If I played you and don't have your name down, please tell me so I can write it in**

Ever since Gallade hit, I've been having trouble figuring out what to play that could be semi decent without actually BEING gardy/Gallade. Because of this I wasn't really looking forward to this cities. Then, on friday, I was bored and was looking through the deck help forum (in which there has been surprisingly little activity this year.) and saw Mukman's Ninetales/delcatty deck. I thought it looked interesting and that Ninetales was a beast, but the delcatty seemed kind of frail against Gallade. So I thought a little and I couldn't think of anything, so I fell back on my favorite pokemon before Gallade hit. Blissey. So on a whim, I made Blissey/Ninetales. So Saturday me and my friend BBC (playing gallade. Which he is convinced sucks) drove out to Scotch plains for the last cities of the year. We met up with Frankie and Anthony Durso, Caleb, MK, Luke and Ben and got this cities underway. My goal was to at least beat one Gallade dack. In 15, first year in masters.

On a side note, the store the cities was at, Little shop of Comics, is meant to seat about, 20 people, there were 61. Fun times.

Decklist (because really, I don't care if you copy it)
    Pokemonz 15
    3-3 Blissey
    4-4 Ninetales (3 Vulpix DF/1 PK)
    1 Plusle (such a beastly card)

Trainers 30
    4 Celio's
    3 Roseanne's
    2 Castaway
    2 Prof. Birch
    1 Prof. Rowan
    1 Scott
    2 TGW
    4 ER2
    2 Warp Point
    1 Night Maintenance
    3 Lake boundary
    2 Crystal Beach
    3 Strength Charm

Energy 15
    11 Fire Energy
    4 Holon FF

Round One vs. Gallade
    Alright, first round fighting gallade. Lets see how this deck does. I start with a Vulpix and him with a Absol. He goes first and baleful winds something unimportant. I attach and confuse him. He misses the confusion flip and I KO absol the next turn with ember+strength charm. He is eventually forced to use two DRE just to attack my blissey but holon FF save my ***. He gets another gallade and a gardy but struggles to get much else and blissey's with FF's and Ninetales overwhelm him. 1-0

Round two vs. Luke w/ Gallade
    Cooooool, another one. he goes first with a lone ralts and puts me to sleep. After failing the sleep check, I attach and end. He attaches a second energy and does hypnosis again. I attach a fire, evolve, and fire Blast ftw. 2-0

And it's time for a 7-11 Run. A can of sour cream and onion pringles and a bag of sour skittles later and it's time for round three.

round three vs. Empoleon/Octillery
    Just my luck, I get one of the 2 Water decks in all of masters. He starts with Remoraid, I got vulpix. I go first, attach FF (which win me the game) and confuse. He attaches and passes. I ER2 his one water and pass. He Attaches and evolves and passes. I evolve to prevent me from dying attach and energy (ninetales has a FF and a fire) and pass. He attaches, benches piplup, candies and Crash bomber for... not the KO! The energy is discarded after damage, meaning I live by 20. I now have a blissey on the bench with an energy, so I Fire Blast for 60. He attaches to Empoleon and KO's my Ninetales. I send up Blissey and KO Octillary. He sends up Empoleon, Mentors for a piplup, piplup and Remoraid and passes. b/c he doesn't have energy. I attach, bench a chansey and hit for 60. He Scrambles and Aqua Jet but flips tales. I evolve the benched chansey and attach to it and strength charm for the KO. HE has another Empoleon but can only hit for 40. I hit him and he knocks out and flips another tails with Aqua jet. I send up the benched blissey and KO the Emp and run through the rest of his basics. 3-0

Hmmm..... 3-0 so far, maybe the deck doesn't suck. (Edit: Hmmmmm, they edit the word I wanted to use to something else.)

Round 4 vs. Tim with Banette/absol and techs
    It's a good game, We trade blows with banette and Blissey /ninetales. It comes down to 2-2 one prizes and the deciding factor was the fact that he plays absol. I KO an absol to put me at one prize, he send up a Banette but can't get the KO. Because he had another absol on the field, I can Type Shift for the OHKO with ninetales for the game. 4-0

Top four cut and I'm in first. With Blissey/Ninetales. Something's not right. Also, Franky Durso is the only person in T4 actually playing Gallade. Me and Durso do another 7-11 run and it's time for the top 4.

Top 4 vs. Sonny w/ Venusaur/Parasect
    Game 1
    I could not have asked for a better match up. I start with Vulpix to his lone Bulbasuar. I start and he fails the sleep check, he attaches and passes. I attach again and sleep again. He fails and is forced to evolve Into Ivysaur and hits me for 20. I evolve and Fire Blast for the OHKO and the game. (5-0)

Game 2
    I have 2 vulpix to this 2 Paras. He starts and hits for 10. I have a feeling something is going down next turs so I attach to the bench and castaway for a roseanne's, a fire and a Strength charm. And wouldn't you know it, I was right. An energy and 2 PlusPower for the KO. I send up Vulpix, evolve, attach and KO the paras. He send's up Paras, evolves and scrambles for 60. All this after a candied Venasaur flipping tails on the miracle aroma. I attach and roseanne's for a vulpix and fire, attach and strenght charm for the KO. He sends up Venusaur and KOs me. I send up and attach to a newly evolved Ninetales and end. He Fails miracle aroma again and hits for 60. I topdeck Lake Boundary, attach a Strenght charm and show him a roseanne's for the win. 5-0 (6-0)

Finals vs. Frankie Durso w/ Gallade
    Game 1
    I start with 2 Chansey. I attach and end. He draws, Candies to gallade, attaches DRE and it all went downhill from there. I tried to mount a comeback, but I couldn't draw into a FF and he wasn't playing any psychic pokemon. Loss

Game 2
    Just more of the same. I struggles to find FF and he purposely didn't play psychic pokemon. There was nothing I could do about it. GG man:biggrin:

We hung around for a few more minutes said goodbye and did one last 7-11 run and called it a day.

Props
    First top cut of the year
    Undefeated in Swiss
    Blissey/Gallade for not sucking
    Frankie, Brian, Caleb and Anthony (And Anthony have fun with your new origional Xbox controller:lol:)
    oh and 7-11 (greatest place EVAH)

Slops
    Ummmm......61 people do not fit in a place designed for 20

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. dimension

dimension New Member

great job for trying something new. Nice deck idea.

3. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

Dear [DEL]Drew[/DEL] ( I mean Kyle--only kidding like Jason does),

Congratulations on a great tournament and for playing something original. You're a very bright kid--boy I wish you were still in the seniors division!

John

4. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

what is that supposed to mean, do you want him to beat the **** at of me this year like he did last year, JK.

congrats Kyle on getting 2nd

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

A Ninetales deck did well at our Cinnaminson tourney yesterday as well.

6. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

I really like it. If you can use type shift to your advantage, you usually hit to upwards of 90 damage for 2 energy.

7. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

Great job K-man. I really enjoy playing cards with you and Brian, it reminds me of the good old days, just having fun and playing Pokemon tcg. Btw Anthony sayes "Very funny and see you on live! ":cool::biggrin::smile:

P.S
    Thank you for posting your list. I am sure many poke players appreciate you sharing your list, and not some "Truck" deck.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  8. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

Awesome. Awesome. That cities was great. Good times man, good times.
    "Wait, there's only 1 Gardy/Gallade in top cut?!?!" What madness is this!

9. sonrep29

sonrep29 New Member

lol, good game man, you ran through my venusaurs with a blaze of glory. in what possible were the worst starts of the tourny for me ( ... figures that would happen in top 4) i have to hand it, you played well and red face paint VS red face paint you took the upper hand ...

NEW CARD ADDED TO HATED LIST

ABSOL
    GALADE
    AND NOW
    LAKE ******* BOUNDRY!!!!

lol. but congrats on making it to top 2 man. See you at states.

10. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

thanks man. It's just too bad you got the worst possible matchup you could have. And your starts didnt help either. Also, I topdecked the boundary.

11. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

GJ to both you and frankie for top 2.

12. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

good job on your top 2 with ninetails... never thought it would be playable!
    nice rogue deck btw.

13. ChicoBlanco

ChicoBlanco New Member

dude rock on.. mad props.

ninetales is such a tight card to use

14. o-ren-itachi

o-ren-itachi New Member

GJ on using the ninetails the RIGHT way. my mom and i used ninetails\magmortar at Cinnaminson and my mom came 3rd out of t2 cut and i came 5th out of t4 cut =[. ill see you if you go to league this week

P.S. I H8 GALLADE

15. Muk Man

Muk Man New Member

Glad you did so well with Ninetails. I wonder does this count as a blissey variant or a ninetails varient?

16. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Good job.

17. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

yo kyle. Thanks for taking me. I had a fun time. TEAM NFC FO LIFE.