Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yu-gi-oh

Deoxys Cool Form

I decided to play Yu-gi-oh for fun yesterday, so I bought a theme deck, some sleeves and a pack. I got a recent Dragunity deck, and from the booster I got nothing much.

Can anyone give me a list on a budget of about $50? The only cards I have are from that starter deck, but it did have Mirror Force in which I'm guessing is a solid card.

This is not for tournaments, as I don't have the money to stand a chance at tournaments, so I just want a cheapish, but some what solid deck.

I've also heard that the Machina deck is good? From what I've heard, if you get two of the deck you have a solid deck already. Would this be good on my budget, and if so what should I add to make it even better?

If the theme deck I got is bad, don't bother to include those cards in the deck on purpose, I can live.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!

I've dabbled in Yu-Gi-Oh before and the cheapest of the decks i think is Machina Gadgets.

If you get three of the Machina starter deck I think you're pretty much set.

Try searching the yugioh forums on google, there are some useful resources on there.

Hope this helps.

The dragunity structure deck comes out next week. I think they have a great chance of doing well this format.

Thanks Dan, would you add anything to the three theme decks?

I must have got mine early then. The guy at the store said they came in that day.

Frog-Monarch is sort of cheap in comparison to other decks that are competitive. You do not need synchro monsters for the most part. Unlike a good portion of other decks, you do not need pot of duality and maybe solemn warnings.

gravekeepers are cheap and solid. amazoness are cheap as well and can stand there own with the right build.

machina is easy to build/play.... kind auto pilot

everything else cost a lot of stuff

A really good competive gravekeeper's need at least 2 pot of duality, which will cost you at least 100 dollars, and 2 solemn warning(30-50 dollars).
For casual local tournament, I guess you could run gravekeepers without pot of duality or solemn warnings.
Gravekeeper that finished 2nd at latest ycs championship ran 3 pot of duality and 2 solemn warnings.

Frog Monarch is unplayable nowadays, Formula Monarch is the way to go. And that would require Synchros, which aren't quite cheap...

Machina is probably the cheapest Deck, with Gladiator Beast being the 2nd cheapest out there.

Otherwise pretty much everything requires Pot of Duality and/or Solemn Warning, which are like the most expensive staples in YGO atm.

Frog Monarch is unplayable nowadays, Formula Monarch is the way to go. And that would require Synchros, which aren't quite cheap...

Machina is probably the cheapest Deck, with Gladiator Beast being the 2nd cheapest out there.

Otherwise pretty much everything requires Pot of Duality and/or Solemn Warning, which are like the most expensive staples in YGO atm.

Really I rarely synchron with formula Monarch? Big Monarch plays still what when you games. I would rather play Frog Monarch without an extra deck than any other big deck without 3 Dualtiy and 2 Solemn Warning.

grave keepers dont need pot of duality to work, the solemn warnings aren't a necessity either. they just make the deck run so much better. easily substituted for other things.

You want to play yugioh with the best cards and good opponents? get the video game, the 2011 one isn't out for another month or something but its way worth it, you can get every card with AR and play people online. way cheaper then actually having all the cards real life.

As Volt said, Gladiator Beasts and Machina are the cheapest/most efficient.

Personally, I would choose Gladiator Beasts. There are so many things you can do with that deck, and so many comebacks you can make. You could probably build a good one for around fifty, maybe a little more or less depending on where you get your cards.

machina are your best bet buy 3 of them and your set and find one chimeratech fortress dragon and you now have a well solid deck plus you have some good spells and traps from the dragunity starter. but ya glad beast to be even semi good you need solemn warning wich are now 80$ a piece and to build gravekeepers good enough for tourney play you need 2x solemn warnings and 3x pot of duality wich are currently going for 130 $ a piece for those so ya .

Nah, Every competitive deck needs 3 Pot/2 Solemn. Except the heavy synchro decks, but these are pricey all by themself.

---------- Post added 03/16/2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

Well actually, this topped Dallas

Monsters: 17

2 Green Gadget

2 Red Gadget

2 Yellow Gadget

3 Machina Gearframe

3 Machina Fortress

1 Card Trooper

2 Cyber Dragon

1 Machina Force

1 Genex Ally Duaradark

Spells: 13

2 Solidarity

3 Smashing Ground

1 Limiter Removal

1 Dark Hole

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Giant Trunade

1 Monster Reborn

2 Fissure

Traps: 10

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Dimensional Prison

2 Dust Tornado

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Mirror Force

1 Gozen Match

1 Royal Oppression

1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck: 13

1 Arcanite Magician

2 Stardust Dragon

1 Scrap Archfiend

1 Ancient Fairy Dragon

1 Black Rose Dragon

2 Scrap Dragon

1 Goyo Guardian

1 Ally of Justice Catastor

1 Red Dragon Archfiend

2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
Side Deck: 15

2 Mirror of Oaths

2 Gozen Match

2 Consecrated Light

3 Kinetic Soldier

2 D.D. Crow

2 System Down

2 Nobleman of Crossout

Weston Lundgren (Infernity)

Looks like the cheapest competitive deck you will ever be able to build.

Back