Zangoose vs. Crystal Shard

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Perfect0ne, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Now, I've always been fan of using Zangoose. Lately, I've been using Crystal shard, seeing as Flygon and Salamence are more popular for me everyday, but now they have been using Aerodactyl ex :rolleyes: . Well now that crystal shard s unusable for me, I've been using Zangoose in its place, and I have to say that he really is doing what his job is- Killing Dragons!!! Is it just me? Or is the ability to REPEATEDLY use the Dragon slayer card over Crystal shard a big advantage? I no longer need to wait to draw crystal shard (sometimes its too late). Not to mention, he is also a Sceptile Counter, seeing as though he can't be poisond AND takes half its life from it! Wht do you think?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  2. HoennAsh

HoennAsh New Member

I have been using zangoose but never had use crystal shard and I really like zangoose and I have faced a sceptile deck and I attacked sceptile and it is good thing zangoose can't be poison and it
    have saved me a lot or it would be knocked out after my turn and then zangoose would be knocked
    out on my opponents turn. So I think zangoose is better than crystal shard and also zangoose is a
    basic pokemon.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

i prefer Zangoose, and a lot of Dragon players will most likely tech in Aero EX if Crystal Shard becomes too powerfull.

Adv
    Zangoose can repeatedly attack
    Crystal shard can make any Pokemon Colorless

Disadv
    Zangoose requires 3 energy to be effective
    Shard only last 1 turn

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

other advantages to shard:

...much more of a surprise

....doesn't disrupt your main attack line

..can sit on the bench waiting to be used or waiting to be Brinied

...can't be Ko'd cheaply

disadvantages:

...well it only lasts one turn

...err that's it really! ;)

5. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I also prefer Crystal Shard, but things could change if Aerodactyl EX becomes popular. The main advantage is that it works better against Salamence and Rayquaza. You may never be allowed to get enough energy on your Zangoose once Salamence can gust him out. I realize that Salamence can do that against any Pokemon, but Crystal Shard can be used with any Pokemon and the Salamence player will have to guess whether I have a Crystal Shard.

6. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Another advantage of crystal shard is that you don't need to worry about resistance.

7. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

It really depends what kinda deck ur running. If you're playing dragons, especially Flygon, or Aero ex is big in your area TecH it in. If you're running anything else, or noone uses Aero ex, than use Crystal Shard. Simple as that. I prefer Zangoose b/c it counts as a basic. My 2 cents.
    -Swampert