PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Pre-release report

Professor_Chris
08/29/2004, 10:44 PM
We had an amazing (to us, for the area) turn out of 20 people. The Lynch mob made an appearance (as I hope they will at all our tournements), Rick brought a few with him, and Taylor Mitchel and her PokÚDad also came down. In my first pack I open a Butterfree and Metapod so I know I'm going to do quite well. ^_~ It was a great event, despite the Yu-Gi-Oh party and tourney also taking place, there were door prizes for everyone. I made first in the 15+, Ben L., Ridgeland City Champ of 11-14 made 1st by tiebreakers, and last but not least Taylor Mitchel swept the 10- division.

I feel a little bad about one of my games, against Dana Lynch he had the game absolutely won, but he kept flipping double tails with Nidorino (against a lone Diglett ^^; ) and I eventually grabbed Caterpie and promptly retreated, got out Butterfree and started putting the hurt on him, the part I feel bad about is finishing him off with Electrode ex, discarding 12 energy, then counting up exactly how much damage it did (270) ^^; It was my idle curiousity that made me wanna see how much I did, but after all the wonderful luck I had, afterwards I felt like I may have been rubbing it in a little. ^^;

Well, I've nearly completed the FRLG set, and I won't be able to get anymore FRLG for a while, my little sister still has a box coming to her in the mail (sportsmanship award) So I hope so pulls some useful stuff for me. ^^

We're going to keep trying to get attendance up by holding regular tourneys, hopefully by the time Crash of the Blue Sky pre-release rolls around we'll have our attendance up much higher. I didn't look, but I'm sure when those Yu-Gi-Oh! players heard we get a whole box their jaws probably dropped. ^_~ I know they were in awe when they heard what Taylor got for being 4th in World. I think we definattely have a chance of taking some players back. Unfortunately, Yu-Gi-Oh! is still going real strong at Game Zone, but I think if we can get a steady league started in the Jackson/Ridgeland area we'll surpass them easilly. We just need to find a place that can hold it.

mewsmom
08/30/2004, 07:39 AM
Just name the place, we are always up for some Pokemon. We had a great time and didn't do so bad ourselves. Dale & I with 2nd's and Heather with 3rd. There's always that one game in a tourney that one walks away shaking their head and the one you mention of with Mob2099 is just that one. LOL.

It was great to meet new faces and expand our pokemon family. I think there is great hope for your area in Pokemon growth. One of the Yugioh players was in great conversation with Dana about the game, so like you said they see the difference and when we were opening our packs & building decks they were all over our shoulders with interest.

Now if I would have read the actual attatcks and poke powers of the pokemon I chose for my deck I may have just had the chance to play you myself.

Cya all at the next one

Rocketman
08/30/2004, 07:09 PM
Hey Guys,
I had a great time in Jackson, so I will be doing a prerelease for all the sets from now on up there! All the players were great, with players from 3 states attending. The Lynches are always great, and Clay and Taylor were a real pleasure. And of course the Schells are great friends, thanks for the Worlds pics and all your help! A big thanks for all the players who came, lets look forward to a great 2004-2005 season!
Rick

Professor_Chris
08/30/2004, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys,
I had a great time in Jackson, so I will be doing a prerelease for all the sets from now on up there!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lets make those Yu-Gi-Oh! players green with envy :D
See ya soon Rick, not sure when we'll make it down there for a few tourneys but we'll try. ^_^

By the way, sorry about what I called you... I didn't mean it...really.... ^^;

Rocketman
08/30/2004, 09:08 PM
Remember Chris, I am evil leader of Team Rocket, I like it when people say bad things about me.
;)
What kind of Team Rocket member would I be if noboby did?
:lol: :lol:
Rocketman