PDA

View Full Version : T-Tar / Shiftry

dkosturk
07/28/2009, 12:47 PM
First, I do not have much experience and any / all input is appreciated.

Strategy - To inflict the opponent with a special condition then bring up shiftry to eliminate them while building up T-Tar. Once T-Tar is ready bring him up to spread damage to the opponebts bench as well as use grind for 100 - 140 damage. I have been successful in league 2/0 so far but the decks and competition are clearly not as good as what I am seeing here.

I think I have too many pokemon and energy (T-Tar needs alot) and not enough trainer/supporter etc. to make the deck faster. I am using many of the Pokemon for the ability to draw cards.

Pokemon - 26

2- Tauros PL
2- Aerodactyl GL - RR
2- Darkrai G - RR
1- Buneary - MD
1- Lopunny - LA
2- Honchkrow G - PL
2- Espeon 4 - RR
1- Dunsparce - PL
1- Farfetched - SF
3-2-1- Shiftry - RR
3-2-1- T-Tar - SF

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 14

3- Energy Search
1- Bebe's Search
1- Rare Candy
1- Luxury Ball
1- Aaron's Collection
1- Energy Gain
1- Lucian's Assignment
1- Bertha's Warmth
1- Underground Expedition
1- Pokemon Rescue
1- Poke Turn
1- Technical Machine TS-1 (Evoluter)

Energy - 20

10- Dark
4- Special Dark
1- Call
2- Fighting
3- Psychic

ProfessorJacob7
07/28/2009, 12:56 PM
this deck is very cluttered and way too many pokemon, so..................

take out all this
2- Tauros PL
2- Aerodactyl GL - RR
2- Darkrai G - RR
1- Buneary - MD
1- Lopunny - LA
2- Honchkrow G - PL
2- Espeon 4 - RR
1- Dunsparce - PL
1- Farfetched - SF
1-1-0 shiftry

then add
+2-2 claydol (GE) +2 uxie (LA) +2 unown G (GE)
+4 roseannes research +2 bebes search
+2 broken time space (PL)

then take out
3- energy search
1- Aaron's Collection
1- Energy Gain
1- Lucian's Assignment
1- Bertha's Warmth
1- Underground Expedition
1- Pokemon Rescue
1- Poke Turn
1- Technical Machine TS-1 (Evoluter

and add
+3 rare candy +1 shiftry +2 t-tar
+1 broken time space
+3 lookers investigation (PL)

now for the energy
-2 fighting -3 psychic +3 call energy +2 warp point or switch

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

that should make it a lot more consistent

Squidwina
07/28/2009, 01:24 PM
I think I have too many pokemon and energy (T-Tar needs alot) and not enough trainer/supporter etc. to make the deck faster. I am using many of the Pokemon for the ability to draw cards.
You are correct. You have way too much going on here and you should be getting most of your draw and search from your trainer engine. All those extra Pokemon will just clutter your bench and provide easy knock-outs for your opponent.

The basic strategy for a typical T-Tar deck is simple--Get your T-Tars out and powered up fast, and beat the heck out of everything in your path. So think of how you can achieve that. (Hint--Starts with a W, ends with a eavile.)

Have you done a search to see previous T-Tar threads in this forum? Reviewing them would help you quite a bit. I'd also suggest reading some of the front-page deck articles. The Godzilla one, naturally, but all of them will teach you about putting together a good basic trainer engine.

As far as energy--I run 14. 4 special, 10 regular. I'd suggest a little more for you to start with, but you can cut it down later. You won't need psychic for anything, and you also won't need fighting. Larvitar and Pupitar both have colorless attacks, and you probably won't be attacking with them anyway. I don't run call, but it's certainly not a bad idea.

Good luck, and I'll be happy to give you more specific advice after you've refined this a bit.