PDA

View Full Version : What deck are you going to play at the CC?

Blaze
09/24/2004, 07:58 PM
for me eather magma or WailWallEX.

Dark Legendary Master
09/24/2004, 09:49 PM
I'm probably not going to play in City's. Probably just run one in Tacoma if I can find a place big enough and willing to let me. That's about it. I might play in State's don't know though, and I might play in Nationals. I definitely plan on playing in all the Gym Challenges I can. I am certainly going for Worlds this year.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
09/24/2004, 09:55 PM
Me?If TRR is out maybe some deck from there but otherwise MAgma or BlasyEX or Nido.(If I can get a decklist for BlastyEX or Nido lol)

Masamune156
09/24/2004, 10:20 PM
>.>
<.<

...Dark Tyranitar...

If its good.

Tormentedsoul14
09/25/2004, 07:26 AM
I guess it all depends on TRR but if TRR was released after CC which I doubt, but if nothing major comes in it I'll use Magma.

~Tormented~

nikePK
09/25/2004, 07:37 AM
Pretty sure everyone's decks will change with the new set coming out and all. So yeah.. I'm gonna hold off until then.

Kevin89
09/27/2004, 09:23 AM
depends on the new set ^_^ (and maybe the next one too, since our CCs will probably be around march/april 2005)

for now, i think i`m going crobyss, gengar ex swarm, or magma =)

FireFighter095ReBorn
09/27/2004, 08:58 PM
me im sticking with good old:

gardy/gengar ex. :)

I just decided this:
Like all great pokeplayers i will be deciding on ecks

I have a bar deck which many say cant stand up in the new R/S format
Gardy/Gengar ex or
Charizard/raichu :)
Will have to see what i will choose ;)

Prime
09/27/2004, 09:44 PM
NikePK: I have to disagree. I really feel that other than the trainers, TM/TA didn't change many decks at all. Sure, some new decks came out, and soem cards were used with other cards, but most decks stayed the same. I feel that most likely, this will occur again. But I do feel at the same time, that the cards in the new set will be much better than the cards in TM/TA.

Venom
09/28/2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah u wish Venasaur

Pokekid
09/28/2004, 03:22 PM
Amphy ex!!!

Lord Broly
09/28/2004, 03:27 PM
I'll probably go whatever I have multiples
of that are actually good for decks.

I might go Venusaur, Amphy, or Swampert
(Yes I still play him to all those who are going
to ask).

Whicker
09/28/2004, 05:47 PM
ummmmmmmm

it really does depend on the new set
but let's see

I'l probably play Monarchy is half
and Wailord in the other half

Pablo
09/28/2004, 06:01 PM
Niniken...oooooooh

Blaze
09/29/2004, 12:19 PM
depends on the new set ^_^ (and maybe the next one too, since our CCs will probably be around march/april 2005)

for now, i think i`m going crobyss, gengar ex swarm, or magma =)
really? i thought they were all hapening around Nov. or something.

Team Rocket Executive
10/02/2004, 10:31 PM
Is the format R/S and up now? If its that, I may try Crobyss.

HoennAsh
10/02/2004, 10:44 PM
Is the format R/S and up now? If its that, I may try Crobyss.
It officialy started on October 1, 2004 so yes it is now RS-ON.

BEX
10/02/2004, 10:51 PM
im going monarchy, my monarchy deck right now is undefeated. But if something better comes out in rocket set i might change.

HoennAsh
10/02/2004, 11:29 PM
Haven't decided yet, have a few of options. Blaziken, Monarchy, and Magma. Later there would be more options later probably on deciding what to play.

Pokeplayer
10/02/2004, 11:32 PM
R/S on Cameruption....

R/S Camerupt
Team Magma Camerupt
Team Magma Baltoy

Yea!!

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
10/03/2004, 12:37 AM
Still sitcking with Cameruption eh Terry?lol.I mgiht play Monarchy but it still is a little early to decide since TRR is still not out yet.If we get to use it for CCs then maybe Rocket's MewtwoEX.

Spike
10/03/2004, 04:48 PM
most likely a monarchy, even tho its the 'top' deck out right now : \

lookinforwailordex
10/03/2004, 08:09 PM
i might do primeape becuase its so good jk i dont know wat im goin to play depends on the next set

HypnosProjectHQ
10/04/2004, 04:22 AM
Well, if Cities were right now, I'd play Team Magma. However, they aren't, so it depends on what I can pull from TRR.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer
10/05/2004, 04:41 PM
Well, if Cities were right now, I'd play Team Magma. However, they aren't, so it depends on what I can pull from TRR.
Yes this is true since prereleas prize structior has changed so get your money ready people! :D

EXgardevoir
10/05/2004, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking Monarchy, Magma, Something in TRR, or BlastyEX/Exeggutorr.
It's still too early to tell. ( For the Cities that are in January, the players will have about 2 months to think of a good strategy and even get all of the playable cards from TRR.)

Spike
10/06/2004, 09:33 AM
is there a website to check when cc's are? I'm in GA if anybody has an idea of when they might be? but ya, most likely everyones deck will change sightly with the new set, just like when frlg came out (Celio anyone?)

Physics Squirrel
10/06/2004, 09:47 AM
is there a website to check when cc's are? I'm in GA if anybody has an idea of when they might be? but ya, most likely everyones deck will change sightly with the new set, just like when frlg came out (Celio anyone?)op.pokemon-tcg.com
However, I don't believe that Cities have been confirmed and posted yet, so you'll have to wait.

SuperWooper
10/17/2004, 01:35 PM
Melody, it depends on what you, David, and Jon play, since I always borrow cards from you guys. =P

But if I had to choose:

1) Blaziken - NOTHING BETTER. This deck has been a monster for almost a year now, and even with its increased popularity in RSon with a smaller selection of decks, it still isn't commanding the amount of attention it deserves. This thing is still tier 1, THERE IS NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

2) Dk. Draggy/Dk. Trode/'Ton - It's Venucenter, or just as good. This deck is going to rock when it's released, there is no question about it. No deck that will be more energy efficient after this is released, and I'm sticking by that.

3) Monarchy - Although my experience with this deck is limited, I know it's a beast, and some ultra-super-heavy duty testing could get me ready in time for the CCs. Nidoqueen and king have so much synergy that there aren't too many decks that have the complete advantage over them.

4) Sceptic Tank - AKA SceptiMuk (Broken Lizard's name is just too COOL), this deck has the power to put up a good fight against Monarchy, shut down Blastoise, and battle Blaziken to the finish. Against Zap-Turn-Dos it's almost useless, but as the focus of decks has shifted away from Haymaker over the years, Muk ex has gotten stronger.

5) Flygon - Resistance to lightning and fighting rocks. It's been proven to put its foot down on many a deck, and with the type advantage it has now, I'd say it's definitely ready to take on the RSon format. Mt. Moon is the only thing from putting this in the Top 3!

6) Blastoise, Zap-Turn-Dos, Gengar ex, BED, Gardevoir, etc. would all rank down here. Gardevoir because it sucks, the rest because I pretty much have no experience. Except for Blastoise, which I know I'm not going to be able to borrow/afford.

That's not a tier list, just so you know. And look, no Smash Brothers references! Teehee! O.o

SomethingElse
10/17/2004, 01:49 PM
i'm obviously playing GGD

pkmnmstr14
10/17/2004, 02:31 PM
well I am currently playing a BEX and I can get out all of my needed cards within 2-3 turns so it is doing good but I think if I can get it when it comes out i might go with a dark Tyranitar and POP series 1 Tyranitar(Tyranitar is the best!)
But I dont know.

gdog121
10/17/2004, 02:54 PM
What deck im Running The MOD thats on my SIG! :)

TheDarkTwins
10/17/2004, 08:09 PM
i am currently playing a exeggutor/byss/meta deck that is currently undefeated and does some major damage... It hasnt failed me yet... I will update it will the new cards and fix it up... so that is what i will most likely play... or my Blaze/Electrode Ex Deck Which Only Loses To My Exeggutor Deck...
Drew

SuperWooper
10/21/2004, 02:06 PM
i'm obviously playing GGD

=P lol

Higher
10/21/2004, 06:32 PM
I'll Play I'm On Fire:

Pokemon: 8
x4 TM Houndoom
x4 Tm Houndour

Trainers: 6
x4 Celio's Network
x2 Life Herb

Energy: 46
x42 Fire Energy
x4 Double Rainbow Energy

~Blazi-King~
10/21/2004, 06:41 PM
Im playing a revised RAMBO or ill play monarchy or My Secrete deck lol :)

Water Pokemon Master
10/21/2004, 07:09 PM
Charizard ex of course. ;)

Water Pokemon Master
10/21/2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I am. I am actually playing Venusaur ex. :D

Higher
10/21/2004, 07:36 PM
And you call yourself a water Pokemon Master...

HUMPH

lol

I'm On Fire wuld own u if i used a Venasaur EX Deck :D

gdog121
10/21/2004, 07:39 PM
Water Pokemon Master: isnt there like gonna be a lot of fire but i think pretty soon it'll die out. And in crash from the green sky theres Cystal shard. But thats the spoiler so i dont know for sure. well good luck with your venasuar deck.
And im running Flying-Sally-Is posinous. Its also on my SIG.
THX
IM OUT!

Water Pokemon Master
10/21/2004, 07:40 PM
Did you guys know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary? ;)

Pidgeotto Trainer
10/21/2004, 09:17 PM
Did you guys know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary? ;)
Really? I'd better buy a new one. Mine still has it. :rolleyes:

Dark Legendary Master
10/21/2004, 09:28 PM
Probably Crobyss. But is there really any point to playing in cities?

Blaziken98
10/21/2004, 09:38 PM
Blazitrode Yeaya!

EXgardevoir
10/22/2004, 04:50 PM
I'll probably play Blasteggutor EX, Blazi or something in TRR if I can get the cards.

lookinforwailordex
10/23/2004, 08:50 AM
[b]wailord Ex Rules Like Last Season

Dark Umbreon
10/23/2004, 08:55 AM
Hi folks,

If we had that tournament here and in case Rocket Returns can be used it would be Dark Heart or Imperial Cloths since both can hit the other side real fast. Lean more toward Dark Heart at that moment since it covers it's main weakness to colorless real well and obtains and conserves the resources on the board.

greyfox
10/27/2004, 12:16 PM
Well, i made my own version of meta/byss/ eggutor and its 4-0 right now, so its pretty obvious what i'm playing.

dragontaimer
10/31/2004, 08:04 PM
Wow ppl

i only saw 1 or 2 of u guys mention zapdos ex being played at cc.

THIS DECK OWNZ ALL!!!!

ive play tested like mad with this deck.....

the way i see it is if it doesnt have a mirror match your opponent's chances of winning are very very low

these are the following reasons

1) 98% of the time ive played with this deck there is a turn 2 zapdos ex doing a minium of 50 damage or a max of 80 *with stregnth charm( o man and against blasty 160!!!! muhahaha)

2) most decks like blaz or magma or monarchy use some kind of pokemon to start their game up( ex, sparce, zangoose, wurmple)

3) the way i see it is u have to wait at least till turn 3 or 4 to start doing damage (unless u are magma then u can turn 2 also) so turn 2 u lose your sparce then u send up something to die?

4) solid 50-80 per turn and when the zappy is almost dead another one comes... or super scoop up

o well dats jus my opion, plz dont get all ****** off

thanks for your time in reading my beliefs

Peachyoto
10/31/2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah Zapdos is good, I play it too but it's not invincible.

Every deck has weaknesses and this one is no exception. Zapdos is a fast deck, but it's all offense and no defense. It has problems against mirror matches, safeguard Pokemon, Desert Ruins, and Flygon. (but that's not as common as the others)

I just recently though of some other bad things against Zapdos decks, well obviously if they dont get the right start, but also you dont get as much of an advantage if you go second, and with TRR being released soon Dark Electrode will get lots of play and with just 1 energy it can do 60 to Zapdos, but also players could use its power to get that free Darkness first and then do a total of 80 to Zapdos. Also if they have Rocket's Hideout in play there is no way Zapdos can OHKO it. I'm sure people will start to catch on to Dark Electrode countering Zapdos, but remember you heard it hear first. ;)

Not to toot my own horn but I'm good at spotting weaknesses, I made a post about people not realizing the potential in Butterfree, and of course like a month later everyone is like "Butterfree tech!!" :lol:

Pokekid
11/01/2004, 05:11 AM
I've changed my mind(and probobly will do agian) but for now it looks like Gardy/M2ex

dragontaimer
11/01/2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah Zapdos is good, I play it too but it's not invincible.

Every deck has weaknesses and this one is no exception. Zapdos is a fast deck, but it's all offense and no defense. It has problems against mirror matches, safeguard Pokemon, Desert Ruins, and Flygon. (but that's not as common as the others)

I just recently though of some other bad things against Zapdos decks, well obviously if they dont get the right start, but also you dont get as much of an advantage if you go second, and with TRR being released soon Dark Electrode will get lots of play and with just 1 energy it can do 60 to Zapdos, but also players could use its power to get that free Darkness first and then do a total of 80 to Zapdos. Also if they have Rocket's Hideout in play there is no way Zapdos can OHKO it. I'm sure people will start to catch on to Dark Electrode countering Zapdos, but remember you heard it hear first. ;)

Not to toot my own horn but I'm good at spotting weaknesses, I made a post about people not realizing the potential in Butterfree, and of course like a month later everyone is like "Butterfree tech!!" :lol:

u have defineatly pointed out some good facts, but i would also like to point out my electrodes, lol suicide bombers.......... dats agaisnt wobby and other things like that, but as for ur argument for dat dark electrode i guess u have me there and i will have to rethink because of this new set coming out

but i can definately say this.... to the current decks being played like monarchy blaziken gardy genger and all those other decks zapdos ex still ownz them

but the new set will defnately change everything............. thanks for the heads up

TrueGamerX
11/01/2004, 08:31 PM
Seriously I don't know why people still play Blaziken, its not as fast as it was before. It's definitely gotten slower, and it was made in the Eon format. Anywayz, I'm gonna play either Speedrill or maybe ZapTurnDos.

Peachyoto
11/02/2004, 12:18 AM
u have defineatly pointed out some good facts, but i would also like to point out my electrodes, lol suicide bombers.......... dats agaisnt wobby and other things like that, but as for ur argument for dat dark electrode i guess u have me there and i will have to rethink because of this new set coming out

but i can definately say this.... to the current decks being played like monarchy blaziken gardy genger and all those other decks zapdos ex still ownz them

but the new set will defnately change everything............. thanks for the heads up
Haha, no prob just trying to help. I play HL Electrodes too, they definately come in handy. (Lightning definately needs more Pokemon though, Zapdos and Magneton have been in the last 2 sets, and Electrode has been in the past 3!! :rolleyes: )

Seriously I don't know why people still play Blaziken, its not as fast as it was before. It's definitely gotten slower, and it was made in the Eon format. Anywayz, I'm gonna play either Speedrill or maybe ZapTurnDos.
I think a lot of people play it because:

1. They like Blaziken or just the deck
2. Even though it's slower it is stable when set up
3. They don't want to waste time/money making new decks that might not last

Pidgeotto Trainer
11/02/2004, 06:28 PM
I think the reasons why people still play Blaziken is :
1. Because it is still a great deck that lost near nothing in the format change.

Professor Elm
11/03/2004, 06:55 PM
I think Jumpluff is an awesome deck, and I will probably be playing that.

Blaziken98
11/03/2004, 06:59 PM
Blazitrode, Dark Ampy or I could throw together a rogue Togetic Deck if Dark decks get ramped

PokeMontoya
11/08/2004, 06:27 PM
Monarchy or Beedrill/Milotic or Walrein/Milotic