PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Returns in DAYTON, OHIO - 11/6/04

DaytonGymLeader
10/01/2004, 02:07 PM
When: Saturday, November 6, 2004

Where: Bell, Book & Comic 937-634-9006 - 458 Patterson Road -Dayton, Ohio 45419

Number of Player: 60 players max. Space is limited this time, sorry. We may be able to surge a little bit. :(

COST: $20.00

Tournament Structure: Sealed each player is given 6 boosters packs of RR to build a 40 card deck from. Energy will be provided. These are the only cards that may be used during the tournament. You may not change the cards in your deck during the tournament.

PRIZES: Each player who completes the Tournament will receive 4 booster packs of RR, 2 POP Series 1 promo packs

1st Place: In each age group will receive a Trophy, Award, or something equivalent.

Additonal Prizes: In addition to the Prizes set by PUI, the PTO will add boosters to the prizes depending on the over all number of players in the Tournament and their placement.

1-8 Players
1st place: 4 additional boosters for a total of 8 boosters
2nd place: 2 additional boosters for a total of 6 boosters

9-16 Players
1st place: 5 additional boosters for a total of 9 boosters
2nd place: 3 additional boosters for a total of 7 boosters
3rd & 4th: 2 additional boosters for a total of 6 boosters

17-32 Players Adds
1st place: 14 additional boosters for a total of 18 boosters
2nd place: 8 additional boosters for a total of 12 boosters
3rd & 4th: 5 additional boosters for a total of 9 boosters
5th -8th: 2 additional boosters for a total of 6 boosters

33-64 Players Adds
1st place: 32 additional boosters for a total of 36 boosters (1 sealed box)
2nd place: 20 additional boosters for a total of 24 boosters
3rd & 4th: 14 additional boosters for a total of 18 boosters
5th -8th: 8 additional boosters for a total of 12 boosters
9th-16th: 5 additional boosters for a total of 9 boosters

SIDE EVENTS:
Constructed Tournaments - Modified or Unlimited
Maximum of 32 players per event
Cost: $5
Players will use their own format specific deck and play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players.
Prizes: For every 8 players, the PTO will add 12 boosters to the prize pool.

Booster Drafts
Standard Booster Draft
Maximum of 8 players per flight
Cost: $15
Players will receive 5 booster packs of Rocket Returns and build a deck from cards pulled in a Standard Booster Draft (basic energies will be provided). Players will then play in single elimination rounds.
Prizes:
1st Place: 5 boosters
2nd Place: 3 boosters
3rd & 4th Place: 2 boosters

Rochester Booster Draft
Maximum of 8 players per flight
Cost: $20
Players will receive 6 booster packs of Rocket Returns and build a deck from cards pulled in a Rochester Booster Draft (basic energies will be provided). Players will then play in single elimination rounds.
Prizes:
1st Place: 5 boosters
2nd Place: 3 boosters
3rd & 4th Place: 2 boosters

Theme Deck Challenge
Maximum of 24 players
Players will receive 1 Rocket Returns Theme Deck at random and 3 Rocket Returns booster packs. Players will then make a 40 card deck (basic energies will be provided). Players will then play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players.

Sealed Deck
Maximum of 32 players
Players will receive 6 packs of Rocket Returns to build a 40 card deck (basic energies will be provided). Players will them play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players.

GameBoy Battle Tower
Maximum of 32 players
Cost: FREE
Players must provide their own GameBoy, Pokemon Game Cartridge (Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, or LeafGreen), and Link Cable/Wireless Adapter. Players must be able to interface with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
Players will play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players. Rounds are 10 minutes long.
Restrictions: No Game-Sharked Cartridges! No Pokemon over Level 50. No Legendary Pokemon: Kyogre, Groudon, Jirachi, Deoxys, Regi-Ice, Regi-Steel, Regi-Rock, etc. No Rest type moves after 7 minutes into the round.

Miscellaneous Information:
The store has the following items for sale: sleeves, dice, counters, boosters, card singles, plus many other supplies for a variety of games. They will also have a selection of beverages and candy items for sale. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages and eat them in the store. They do ask that all coolers are stored in your vehicles until needed. The store is not responsible for lost or stolen items so please keep this in mind. Also as a common courtesy PLEASE clean up any and ALL messes that you make.

Conveniently located around the corner is Marion's Pizza. They do take-out and if you would like you may order and eat it in the store. There are other restaurants close and the store owners are more then happy to offer directions and suggestions.

If you have any questions about the event please email the PTO, Margaret Gillette at gaming@gillettesgameroom.com (gaming@gillettesgameroom.com)

If you have questions about the store or area please contact Peter or Betsey at 937-643-9006 or email them at bellbookcomic@sbcglobal.net (bellbookcomic@sbcglobal.net)

SomethingElse
10/03/2004, 05:58 AM
no MI prerelease? :(

EXgardevoir
10/04/2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Sean, Oh yes their is a prerelease in MI! **Just check the Roch. Hills Thread ;)**

SomethingElse
10/05/2004, 12:52 PM
i know that, i was informed of it before announced =/ just wanted to know if there was any in GC..

EXgardevoir
10/05/2004, 01:18 PM
Nope, their will not be one in GC.

farbsman
10/05/2004, 04:04 PM
Nope, their will not be one in GC.

At least for Rocket Returns there won't be. That is why we are having it at the Shack, I was only given a week to find a place. So this time its at the Shack, after that I don't know who is running them in that area. I imagine Mike will be doing them again. If not I will find somewhere in the area to run them.

I think the reason GC isn't having them is Mike is running a Big Magic Tournament in Columbus and won't be available to do the prerelease this time. However I am only guessing.

If you guys want to talk about the Shack and tournaments in Garden City or whereever you need to start another subject or do it in the Rochester Hills one. Don't hijack Steve's one for Dayton.

SomethingElse
10/05/2004, 04:15 PM
oh i know i just wanted to see why he was doing one here and not GC, if it involved conflicts in GC, or conflicts of personal affairs, if he thought he'd get a better crowd in dayton by him, etc

DaytonGymLeader
10/26/2004, 11:59 AM
Bump. Two weeks!

PESMan
10/26/2004, 10:25 PM
I think the reason GC isn't having them is Mike is running a Big Magic Tournament in Columbus and won't be available to do the prerelease this time. However I am only guessing.

To clear it up:

- PES has decided to drop Pokemon from the list of games we support. We are waiting for a few things from PUI before this becomes official, but PES has run the last Pokemon event we are going to run for PUI. It's a bit tough for us to drop Pokemon, considering PES was one of the first 6 TOs in the US to execute a Pokemon event for Wizards of the Coast, but this is a decision we all stand solidly behind. It was probably a bit overdue as well.

Life's not really that bleak for PES of course ):

Don't forget to join PES as we help give out over $1,000,000 for Upper Deck this year, with the amazing Vs. System game. PES will be hosting six $10,000 Vs. System events (Gen Con Indy, Origins, Gen Con So Cal, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Columbus) as well as executing the amazing Upper Deck Pro Circuit.

Also, don't miss out on the $25,000 Magic the Gathering Grand Prix Detroit held in April of 2005! Come see one of the finest Magic events of all time!

Lastly, PES will be running 30 Regional Qualifiers in 2004/2005 for the Yu-Gi-Oh! product line. Each event offer 4 invitations to Nationals and many offer prizes all the way down to 32nd place!

Best,

Mike
www.professional-events.com